Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 4 August 2021

LOTV Birthday Card + Washi Card + WOYWW

Hi there! For those wondering where I’ve been I explained on this post here, all is well though. For those who've subscribed and are wondering why two different subscription in your inbox!? It’s because Feedburner hasn’t made up it’s mind what it’s doing it seems. I don’t want to cancel it and just keep follow.it, as I really prefer it’s simpler format, with no adds, nor cancel follow.it as took ages to set up. Not sure what Feedburner will do, so just will wait and see?!...

Well it’s time for another WOYWW, What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Over HERE 😁 at Julia's, Queen of Deskland, there's worldwide desk exploring to be found!

My desk this morning shows work on a small calligraphy piece, which I’ve done many times, “Looking unto Jesus” Heb 12:2a. 
Looking to Jesus - that’s something which is good to do any day of the week, but especially now.        
It’s for a centenarian for her birthday, she can see, but hearing not so well. I use gouache layered on a piece of heavy duty water colour paper, decades old, and it has conveniently graduated colours on it.
This is just kept from work to work and add to it, as I go along. The gold leaf 23 carat at top of desk is ready to add, once I’ve added gilding size. I have ialready done that now and gold leaf, but touching up is needed.

Next desk is one of my favourite cards for this year, for a very special two year old, Oliver Charles, his second name Charles is after our darling dad and poppa.😊 Here I’m working out the layout, you can see a piece of white dots embossed card with an un-embossed image on top. I stamped the ballon bear image in Black Onyx Versafine; heat embossed the image, before dry embossing the white card with CB Swiss Dots EF, extended (to a non-crafter this might sound contradictory 🤔). Then used the stamped outline, on which to overlay coloured image. The image I stamped and coloured it a couple of times and layered it up onto the plain white dot embossed card. To see original technique - see here. Original design was by Debby Yates, her link over there too.
Here is the completed card. Similar items as on my original, so see there for full design, link above. Except “Vintage Happy Birthday” die is by Poppy crafts.
Next card also is a repeat. It’s using the wonderful versatile washi, scoring and peel offs. Die cut is washi mounted on cardstock, too. Full step by step given on this post HERE.

Now to my Aussie pickies, the first few are from late on this afternoon’s  walk.

Yes, I’m incredibly blessed here. The lights are stunning. It was so still, yet very crisp and cold.. for us 😂 not winter in  northern hemisphere! 
Love the flowering Wattle at moment, in foreground on first photo, although my hay fever doesn’t! 🤧
The last photo was a few weeks ago and loved the juxtaposition of the two pairs, the couple on the path, and the cuties in the foreground! They've a funny, typical Aussie name, they’re called Galahs! If someone is acting the fool, they’re also called a galah! Might explain why they’re called that. 😉

Well, that’s it for now, do have more cards to share another time.
Happy WOYWW everyone and May our dear Loving Father God bless and keep you in your day wherever you may be, hugs Shaz in Oz.x 

Thought for the day:
This has to be one of my many, many  favourites... 
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, 
saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, 
to give you an expected end. Jer. 29:12
Yes, thoughts of peace NOT of EVIL. 
Yet the enemy would have have us believe otherwise!
 It’s very easy these days to get extremely discouraged.
 I find not listening too much to the news really helps, reading just what I want helps me to be selective, but informed.
⚓⚓⚓⚓
An anchor in a time of storm is definitely the Word of God.
Our Father God understands He gets it, for He said, "I will never never leave thee, nor forsake thee". 

If He seems distant,
 guess who’s moved?

Linking up with:
Word art Wednesday Anything goes!  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ both cards
https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/2021/08/august-favourite-stamps.html LOTV are definitely up there as favourite Stamps, not many LOTV, only three, but yes do have lots of other favourites too! 
Simon Says Monday Challenge Challenge - Birthday. Oliver’s 2nd birthday card.

29 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the cards and the calligraphy you are working on Shaz. I always wondered what an actual Galah was having heard the term used on home and Away by Alf Stewart back when I used to watch it. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Empire of the Cat said...

Love the cards and the photos, looks like a lovely place you live. Always loved the Galahs, funny birds. Happy WOYWW! Elle #20 this week

Helen said...

Good to see you with us again for WOYWW . Great cards, you always have some fabulous cards to share. Great Aussie shots, too. Take care, Helen #4

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your calligraphy is awesome, Shaz! And jsu LOVE the sweet card for the two years young :) baby called Oliver Charles. Great use of the washi in the third card.
Lovely shots as always, your places are really peaceful!
Hugs and prayers

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. The caligraphy is beautiful. The one you gave to me still sits on my desk constantly. Lovely card for the little one - great fun.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, nice to see you again. Loving the cards and the photos too. Hope you're keeping well. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x17x

StampinCarol said...

Beautiful calligraphy and I love the phrase!
Adorable birthday card! Love how you did the bear!
And your 3rd card is very pretty and such a classic layout!
Your scenery photos are wonderful. Love the birds and couple.
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #29

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Nice cards you made, Shaz!! I didn't take photos of cards I made for a young lady that I made to go with her graduation card. Ways to give thanks daily, done by Ann Voskamp. I will make another set soon as I still have paper to use. Lovely ocean you have close to you! I look forward to seeing one in Alaska soon. I appreciate your comment on my latest post~so kind and so grateful to see you in heaven as well. I enjoy going to Hobby Lobby myself as they play Christian music. I don't always go to Michaels, but I did years ago when there was one in a mall when we lived in New Mexico, which is a state by Texas. Always way too many fun things to see and want to buy but not always! :0} ! Have a good week!! Becky

brenda said...

A delightful card with the little Bear Shaz and so pleased you have shared a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

The other CAS card also also pretty and as always lovely peaceful photos.

B x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You always hit the nail on the head with your cards! I love that bear, the two gold strips really add to the design and the clouds overlapping too, so clever! Gl;osiour Aussie pics, I hope you’re keeping safe and well.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Mehrll said...

Your cards are always so beautiful. I so love the "Looking unto Jesus" calligraphy. Where else can we look? How blessed we are that Bod thinks about us and He knows our end. God bless you.

Ellibelle said...

Both cards are so beautiful, really loving the sweet bear image and a super CAS design featuring that wonderful washi tape! Such great pictures too!
Thanks for sharing and for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s fab to see you dear Shaz, and I’m very glad to read that you’ve been absent through busy. Because when you’re busy, something has to give and I worry that you over busy yourself, so not blogging for this sort of thing is a good way to drop a job and gains some time. Specially as when you’re here, you showing wonderful works of art, that calligraphy is just stunning, you are so so patient,, what a gift in your hands. Love I g the Aussie pics too, so how cold is it?

Anne said...

I just love your teddy bear card! It is adorable! Bravo you! I like all your cards, you are so talented but my favourite of all your artistic talents is your calligraphy. The Word of God in your beautiful illuminated calligraphy is a treasure to behold!

Sunshine Country said...

The calligraphy work you've done is absolutely beautiful! I know it will be appreciated very much by the lady you're making it for. Enjoyed seeing all of the pictures you shared!

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.- Numbers 6:24-26

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card, love the cute image. thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge. Anesha

kiwimeskreations said...

I do love your exquisite calligraphy Shaz - that is a real art form. Your card for Oliver is beautiful, as is the washi tape one. But then, all your cards are stunning...
Love your pikkies - I also love the contrast between the structured Norfolk Pine and the loose form of the gum tree.
May you know The Lord's peace in these difficult times
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz! I'm here again with my DT hat! :) Fabulous sweet card, love the technique you used and the cute stamp! Thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

Brenda said...

I've always loved calligraphy, but never learned it, it's so beautiful and reminds me of the way they wrote long, long ago. You are indeed talented in your calligraphy dear Sis. Love it and yes, any day is a good day to look unto Jesu! Your little bear card is adorable and I'm sure was well received, love how sweet it is. I always love the washi cards, they are just so CAS but so elegant. Beautiful Aussie photos, you are indeed blessed to live where you do. Yeah, our winters can be rough, although for the past many years, we have had some mild ones. Seasonal allergies are not fun. Love the Galahs, they are pretty! Hugs and prayers to you and yours, Brenda

Shoshi said...

I am glad to hear that you are OK, Shaz - you are right that more time needs to be spent in prayer at the moment... I love the little teddy card you have made - I must show my hubby this one because he loves his teddies! The washi tape one is so stylish - yet so simple! I saw some nice washi tape at the Range on Wednesday and nearly bought it, and then decided not, as I've never used it and didn't really know what I would do with it! It is really set off in this card by the scoring. I was interested that you mentioned the Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder - I was only thinking about this the other day and deciding I must get it out and use it again. I haven't seen it around on the net for a long time - it's a classic! As always, I loved seeing your beautiful Aussie pics. You and I both live in beautiful parts of the world - by the sea, but so different! I have always wanted to visit Australia after reading a children's book when I was about 10, about a little girl who lived on a cattle station in Queensland.

Thank you for your visit and for your continuing prayers, and for my appointment on Wednesday. I am glad you liked my various activities this week - as you can see I've been pretty busy!

Happy belated WOYWW and Godd bless,
Shoshi x #11

Neet said...

Have heard galahs mentioned on Australian soaps. Doesn't sound the same when I say it though.
Love all three of your cards - the washi one is lovely and the one for the little boy is so charming. Obviously I love the calligraphy card you have made. Absolutely beautiful and so in keeping with my theme at the moment on another blog. You do the most beautiful work Shaz. This piece for a centenarian is just so beautiful. She will love and treasure it.
Take care my friend
God Bless you
Neet xx

pat brennan said...

Enjoyed reading and looking at what you have been up to.
I haven't been active on WOYWW for such a long time and I lost my Artistic mojo ages ago. I am hoping for inspiration looking at prolific artists like yourself.

Regina said...

I couldn't figure out anything when it came to my subscriber list and getting it changed so I just got a new blog over at WordPress. It seems easier for ladies to subscribe there.

Pia S said...

Oliver Charles’ card is adorable. A super layout, I too love to use embossed dots for the young kids cards. And I like how you personalized the design.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that little bear is too cute drifting through the clouds!
I like your scoring between the washi tape.

loz said...

two beautiful cards Shaz. Love the 1st one and the clouds..loz

Mervi said...

Fabulous and cute, lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge;-))m

Shelly Schmidt said...

Stopping by and waving hello. Here also to see what you have been up to : ) I do love seeing your calligraphy- what a beautiful gift for your friend! (Age is just a number, right?). Love the birthday card- how sweet! And, a very pretty Washi card with a matching sentiment. Glad your weather is not too cold now- and your outdoor pictures are always a delight- fun to see the two couples in your picture even if one set are birds. I have not heard of that type of bird before, as I have never been to Australia! God Bless You!

Gail said...

Beautiful work ~ thank you for dropping off your art at WAW - best wishes in the draw ~ Gail DT WAW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...