Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Galaxy Background Birthday With Beccy’s Digi + WOYWW

(Note: those who receive email subscriptions, this will be the last time they will come from Feedburner, as well as Follow-it. Feedburner for this blog will be disabled, but not deleted. Then if it changes it’s “no update policy” I can reactivate it. If you only have Feedburner and do not receive Follow-it, please subscribe to Follow-it by this link here.  Or the box on top of desktop sidebar. Thank you! ❤️.)

Well, yes, I’m back! 😃 I’ve been absent for some reasons, mixed, will share below. First of all as it’s Wednesday, time for another WOYWW, What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Over HERE 😁 at Julia's, Queen of Deskland, there's worldwide desks there is loads of fun!

My desk is quiet today but loads to share… inky fun a few weeks back! The inky background was built up in various stages of ink applications, brights first as shown, mostly Distress Ink, but if didn’t have shade wanted, just substituted. Then added deep colours in black, Chipped Sapphire blue, deep brown.

The latter just in selected areas not all over. At the end water is put into one hand then clapped over it to get a spread out sprinkle, coming from various directions, used paper towel to lift water and colour after 10 to 30 seconds. Then flicked with small short paint brush iridescent medium mixed with white reinker on mat, and also DI blueprint sketch. Pretty much followed video below. Card down below.

Video on HOW TO creating background - link here if not showing.

I’ve been crafting in weeks of absence, although not blogging on here. I’m not as well some days, need more rest plus other time demands.
Here is card above for Mister six, it was a shaker card, the real colour is the shade on left. (I’m linking this card over to Beccy’s Digi Challenge here - check it out do, she has freebie images and paper, really lovely!)
 Cards galore to share, way behind on Christmas cards. First lot of Christmas cards are using a NBUS paper bought near Llandudno with Margaret, it is white frosted and silver Christmas pack, we went halves, I’d bought an ombré pad with Marilyn in Florida on same miracle trip in 2018, and combined the two on this set of cards.
The nativity die in silver is by Impressions Obsession, MB Star die set and 1990s wood mount Joy stamp. Bottom sentiment set is Colorado Craft nativity set.
 More Christmas cards using a new to me NBUS 3D Botanical folder by Sizzix.
Technique is sanding foil card for emphasis as shared 
on Loll’s blog.
With Britannia dies poinsettia, lge medium die. Verse is old 1990s Joy to the world stamp PSX, heat embossed. Made multiple in two styles, haven’t photographed the other.
For the Aussie shots… a bit of garden, when I’ve been well that’s where I’ve been! Had help too, as too much for my little hands.
The first collage, has three roses that my dad planted here from cuttings in 1974! Still same bushes!! Cuttings were from a high school friends mother’s rose garden. Very special, and I’ve just been in touch with that very same friend, after more than fifty years, which is an added blessing!
The 3 dozen rose bushes this year have responded to extra TLC due to our month long lockdown (NO CASES here, in God’s mercy). Once over, I’ve been visiting lonely friends or folks in nursing homes with flowers, see two bunches ready to go in top left image - mixed bunches of sweetpeas and roses. Delivered two more today. As I chat a lot, it takes time!😂 

Also sharing a collage of seascapes, as we’ve had amazing skies on my walks, so very blessed to live where I do.
That's it for today. 
 
Hope this finds you well (for you🙏), praying too that God will richly bless and keep you safe and those you love, too. 
Re health: lately been really unwell with lower molar extraction, which is still causing issues, but will, in God's mercy, improve. 😁
Thanks so much for popping over and saying hi, I really appreciate you very much, will do my best to reciprocate, hopefully tooth pain and my oomph 🙄🙏 will co-operate.
Prayer hugs,🙏🤗
Shaz in Oz.x

Thought for the day. 
Although no craft blog I have been posting regularly on my Christian blog!  Today’s verse and share is in second part an excerpt from my last post. 

When I was first teaching in Melbourne there was a lovely landlady, she had a favourite saying:  “ Sufficient unto the day!” 
Meaning she’d done enough for today! 
I’d really want to finish it for her, as it was a verse from the bible, which Jesus shared to encourage folks. 
It was part of the well known Sermon on the Mount which are chap 5, 6, 7 of Matthew.
Basically this verse says 
DON”T WORRY! 
Easy to say, hard to do. 🤔🙏
But let’s look at the verse. *Take no thought, ie don’t worry about tomorrow. Be prepared, but don’t worry.
Note the LORD Jesus emphasised “Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof”! 
That’s the bit I wanted to add for Mrs Graham. 
Grace is only given for today.

Today’s worries are enough.

So don’t borrow tomorrow’s as well! 

For more info, including story on dear Corrie ten Boom, 
 please continue reading over here.

Linking up to:
1 Word art Wednesday Anything goes!  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ 
2. Joining with the NBUS Challenge .. three NBUS 1. Technique- Galaxy Background, a fascinating learning curve. 2. Ombré Christmas card set, NBUS paper inked in ombré pad. 3. EF 3D my NBUS on poinsettia card.
3. Snippets playground - poinsettia card as snippets used on all cards to be truthful, but prob most on those. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/09/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-412.html
4. Allsorts Challenge anything’s goes with option of nature. Space card, poinsettia card. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2021/09/week-643-anything-goes-with-option-of.html
5. Simon Says Monday Challenge. Touchy Feely … Shaker card and 3D embossing card with shaped poinsettia. https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=24992

28 comments:

Neet said...

So lovely to see you back with us on WOYWW but sorry to hear it is your health that has kept you away.
However, you have a lovely array of cards for us to see - and I got caught up with the video, fascinating to watch but it must take ages to produce an A4 sheet. I will be giving it a go though!
Lovely photos and the seascapes are absolutely beautiful.
Do take care, especially when visiting others.
Sending Blessings, Neet 5 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s lovely to see you back, but I am very sorry to hear that you’ve been so unwell. Hope your crafting has helped when you’ve not been great. The galaxy background and Joy to the World cards are stunning, love the colours. And how marvellous that the roses are still flourishing all those years later. You are a kind should visiting the lonely folk in lockdown, I hope that someone thought about visiting you in return as well. Take acre lovely gal, I hope you’ll be well enough that we’ll see you next week too.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Helen said...

I was thinking we'd not seen you a while, sorry you've been poorly . You are very kind to visit people with beautiful flowers xx Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, great to see you. We've been doing quite a lot of gardening too while the weather is kind but it poured down yesterday so waiting for it to dry up again. I always love your cards they are so stylish and the fun technique of Inky fun....brilliant! have a lovely creative woyww my friend. Hugs, Angela x14x

Annie said...

I love the colourful fun you’ve been having in the first pic and your cards are gorgeous. Hope your health problems improve very soon for you.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Glenda said...

Hello Shaz, I'm always so happy to see your blog posts pop up on my blog side bar! Your showing quite a few beautiful things here this morning. Hoping you feel better quickly!

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely photographs, great Christmas cards and galaxy one. I shall be watching that video so I can have a go too. Sorry to hear about your health problems will be saying prayers for you. Love Angela #7

Wendy L said...

Super makes, thank you for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good to see you back at WOYWW SHaz. Love the variety of cards and techniques you have been using and how good to have memories of a special trip while using them too. Hope the tooth is completely better soon. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Great to see you Shaz, and want to say that you have the balance totally right, if you aren’t up to it, don’t do it. Whatever it is! Beautiful Christmas cards, such a lovely set of word stamps, and gorgeous colours. As usual you point me to o remind me about a technique I’ve long forgotten! Beautiful roses, how sweet and typical of you to give them as visiting gifts, how can any of your friends not be cheered by your presence and your flowers. Beautiful you.

Betsy said...

Hello Shaz:
I'm glad you're feeling well enough to do a post here today. The cards are beautiful as always, although a complete mystery to me as to how you make them. It's like a foreign language. :-)
The roses and bouquets of flowers you give away are so pretty. How special to have such long lived rose bushes.
Take care of yourself my dear sister.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Beccy said...

What a lovely post Shaz, thanks for the update and the wonderful photos of the roses in your garden. So sorry to read you've had problems with your tooth, I hope you're on the road to recovery now and it will all settle very soon.
Your cards are gorgeous. I LOVE the background you created with all the inks, it does look like a starry sky. You did a wonderful job with all those Christmas cards too, I particularly like the sanded foil... what a great idea!
Cheers,
Beccy

Ellibelle said...

You surely have been busy in the craft room, these are all so beautifully done! The pictures of your roses and waterscapes look so pretty too! I planted my first rose bush (a Don Juan climbing rose) earlier this year! Hope it does well! It did have a few blossoms already!

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge, and I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell! Tooth pain can be one of the worst!

Darnell said...

Lovely to see you, Shaz! I'm so sorry to hear you are having tooth pain and I hope it's gone and you feel better soon. Your post and cards and all the photos are delightful and I enjoyed every bit! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

craftyani said...

Welcome back sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Hope people repaid your kindness. Love roses. ANi

loz said...

Glad to see you back Shaz.. I love the galaxy BG and the other cards...Your roses are attuning.. hugs loz

brenda said...

I bet you had real fun creating that master board Shaz, awesome colours and cards.

Sorry about the tooth, one of the worse types of pain and sounds like we are similar in that we get almost as much problem after extraction as before, with me it's always the inability to shake off infections.

Peaceful Ocean scenes and beautiful Roses, I have an Albertine climber which was a cutting my Dad took from his own garden and planted here thirty plus years ago. We had to have a bit of a drastic clearance of that part of the garden this year and I am praying it survives after all the activity around it and having to be pruned back so much.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful to 'see' you again Shaz, and sorry to hear you are suffering from the extraction... not nice.
Your cards are exquisite, but when do you not make a fabulous card? - your attention to detail and ability to make the perfect layouts always amazes and inspires me.
Beautiful garden and sky photos - I only have one rose here at the rental, a beautiful white one
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Caro said...

So wonderful to see you on here again. So sorry to hear that you haven't been well, and I hope you improve again soon. I love the galaxy background and your cards are stunning. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#16)

Mervi said...

Fabulous creations.

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz, glad to see you here again! Sorry for your teeth problem, I have the same this summer! Your galaxy background is fabulous, such beautiful colours and well done with the shaker card, it looks gorgeous!! Lovely array of cards wit that beautiful paper and just love the sanded foil!
Your photo collages of roses and Aussie seascapes look so nice, thanks for sharing!
Hugs and best wish you health improvement!

StampinCarol said...

Glad to see you back and will pray for your health! Glad no cases! But no lockdowns, either.
Gorgeous cards! Been a while since I've done the galaxy background.
Beautiful flowers! And what a fabulous place to walk!
God bless!
Carol N #23

Regina said...

Shaz its good to have you posting again. ❤

Kelly said...

Good morning. So very good to see you back. The roses are lovely. I remember my older sister would rescue roses from the grocery store bin, bring them home and plant them under a clear glass tea jar - hot house effect - until they'd rooted. She had lovely roses. I've never been able to make it work. Creative Blessings & continued wishes for good health. Kelly #22

BJ said...

Oh gosh so late this week (eeek last week) don't think I've had the PC on since Wednesday's link up.

Loving your inked backgrounds. I clap the water on mine too but had quite a job one handed. In fact giggling to myself as I recall trying to do it last week! Especially as I need to keep my right hand dry!. Couldn't even depress the spray bottle with my sore hand and the nozzle got stuck using my arm, oh my life!

Hand and wrist still sore seeing the consultant this evening for my dressing off proper, hoping it's all OK, although still not using it much.

We'll see. BJ#10

Di said...

What absolutely gorgeous cards Shaz! It does my heart so much good to see you pop into the Playgound now and again. And the card you entered for the snippets challenge is so rich and just beautiful!

Hope you feel better soon my lovely friend.

Hugs

Di xx

Crafty in the Med said...

You certainly have an eye for colour! I do like those blue silver Christmas cards, very stylish :-) That is a wonderful thing you are doing! I am sure your bunches of flowers and spending time with each person is greatly appreciated. Thank you for sharing the snapshots of where you walk. You live in a wonderful part of OZ :-) Very sorry to hear you haven't been well and have had dental problems. I so hate going to the dentist and my dentist is a nice chap but sorry to say he gives me nightmares. Get better soon :-) Amanda x

Sunshine Country said...

What beautiful roses! I'm sure those who received them were so blessed by that. I'm sorry to hear that you hadn't been feeling well...I do hope you've improved and have been doing better now! Praying for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...