Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 29 March 2024

Illuminated Work + Why is Good Friday Good?

  Hullo there everyone! 
Hanging on my bedroom wall is a printed Illuminated text. A lot of my texts are similar to it as  is the book I learnt from see - here it is
Isn't it a beautiful verse? 
It is the true reflection of what occurred on Good Friday all those years ago. On a rocky hillside, in sorrow and pain, a young Man shed His blood on a cross - a shameful, sinful death.
WHY?
Years ago (over 50) I well remember my sister's teacher and I were on a beach hillside near where I live now, and she asked if I knew why Jesus had died? 
I said, " No."
.. and so she told me He had died for my sin, and the sins of everyone. 
Now I was a child.. and you may wonder - how a child can have sinned?
.. but believe you me, there was not argument at all from me on that point.
I knew I had done wrong.. and that was sin.. but that Jesus had died to take away my sin totally blew me away. 
That memorable day, when I saw Jesus on the cross for my sin, has lived evermore for me in these words of this hymn.
 There Is A Green Hill Far Away
There is a green hill far away, without a city wall,
Where the dear LORD was crucified, Who died to save us all.

We may not know, we cannot tell what pains He had to bear,
But we believe it was for us He hung & suffered there.  
 
He died that we might be forgiven, He died to make us good,
That we might go at last to Heaven, saved by His precious blood.

There was no other good enough to pay the price of sin,
He only could unlock the gate of Heaven, and let us in.

Oh, dearly, dearly has He loved, & we must love Him too, 
And trust in His redeeming blood & try His works to do. 
By C.F. Alexander
  This is a hymn from my childhood - link here or see below.

 
Jesus is our Living Redeemer, Saviour and Friend - if we have sought salvation in Him, the Lord Jesus.
"God sent His Only Begotten Son into the world that we might live through Him."
1 John 4:9
This is why Good Friday is Good.
By faith in Him we have the certain hope of life forevermore with Him. 

The Easter story. The gift of His transforming love. The reminder of what Jesus has done for us.
His sacrifice brought us life.
Taken from a Dayspring e-card
There is sadness in the story. There is pain in the story. There is death. But there is more. The whole story includes the beauty of Easter. 
The triumph. 
The joy.
I would dearly love that all who read this might know that Beauty, Triumph, and Joy.. in Jesus.

I would like to close with a very early Illuminated text done in the early 1990's. 
(sorry, it is very poor "best-can-do" enhanced image - bad flare from old camera, etc. not digital.)
 The observant among you will realise it's the verse done on the header of my craft blog. 
It is also on the very first post I did on my craft blog, back here, better photo there too of different one.
(I have done it four times now, three different colours, and one was duplicate of one on the header.
This, the original is the one and only one done in Aluminum leaf - very hard to work with but will not tarnish like silver leaf.)
May we all take time to ponder the importance of these words of the Lord Jesus, as He speaks to each of us - it will help to keep life with a real perspective. 
"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his own soul?"  
Mark 8:36
Zip, zero, zilch is the answer... 
The whole world will profit us nothing.
This is the whole key to Easter... Eternity... and what counts for eternity. 
May we live this truth.
 May God richly bless you wherever you maybe and thank you SO much for  making my day - being real encouragers!
Shaz in Oz.x
 
Personal update:
This post was originally done here here on my other blog, I'm not well so I'm not up to writing new posts at the moment. When I am quiet that is the usual reason. 
 
 However when we look at what Jesus suffered for us at Calvary, none of our suffering, though severe at times, can compare to those moments when (in the garden of Gethsemane) Jesus "sweated as it were great drops of blood, saying, "If it were possible ley this cup pass from me, nevertheless not My will but Thine be done." 
 
AND when Jesus cried out, "My God, My God, WHY hast Thou forsaken Me". 
 
It was at that moment our sins were on Jesus on the cross, and God the Father turned His back on God the Son. 
Depths of spiritual and physical suffering none but Jesus know.(see Isaiah 53 for prophecy of all this)
All for us!

 Would like to join these over with: Word Art Wednesday - here

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I love that beautiful hymn (There is a Green Hill) Shaz - I have sung it most of my life, and now, knowing Jesus and His amazing sacrifice, it means so much moe, and brings me to tears.
Easter Blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes dear Maxine, it's a hymn of my childhood too and when trusted Jesus at 12yrs then I really knew what it meant! How rich we are in Jesus. Pray for you, God's blessings.

brenda said...

That hymn takes me right back to childhood when we always used to sing in Church, these days it seems less used over here.

I am sorry to hear your not so good right know, but I hope better and healthier days are ahead.

B x

Betsy said...

What a beautiful heartfelt post Shaz. We are SO blessed. Someday soon we will walk with Jesus in Heaven and be able to tell Him thank you, although that seems like a small thing in comparison to His gift to us. I'm so sorry that you're not well again. In Heaven you won't have your earthly body to contend with. Hallelujah! I pray that you have a blessed Resurrection Sunday my dear sister.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Gail said...

Hi Shaz!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Thinking of you!

Anne said...

The beauty and joy of Christ Jesus, such a good description of Him. This is my favourite weekend of the year, but this morning I was really upset thinking about not knowing Him, to be apart from God for all eternity is such a frightening and lonely place to be. We must seek ways to tell people the Good News before it is too late.

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a beautiful verse and reminder of the true meaning of Easter. Hope you are feeling better, or as well as you can be. Not sure if you know Darkroom door are closing down, after the Rachel passed away last year. Have a wonderful weekend. .. Megan

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's such an heartfelt post, Shaz. God bless you and give you peace, joy and a place with Him for the Eternity.
Prayers for your better health in the days ahead!
Hugs

Conniecrafter said...

We had such a moving good Friday stations of the cross at church yesterday, it just takes your breathe away how much he has done for us and that he cares so much that we all know him and will have everlasting life with him!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello sweet friend. Thanks for sharing your art and your heart with us at Word Art Wednesday. I don't know the exact day that I was saved, but I praise God all the time for loving me, choosing me, dying for me, and making a way for sinful me to get to Him in Heaven for all eternity. It's my EVERYTHING and I praise Him for what He did on the cross for me, for you, for ALL. Please join me in prayer for lost souls everywhere. Thanks again for your art and fellowship at Word Art Wednesday. To God be the glory!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...