Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 4 September 2011

He Careth For YOU! Yes, God cares, especially when we think He does not!

It is quite some time since I did a post on calligraphy, as I am teaching calligraphy to Year 7 this term at our church school and my calligraphy has been put on the back-burner. 

However as I was praying for a very precious friend of mine who is suffering with cancer at present, the LORD put this verse in my mind and the thought to do this post for you, dear Kaz!
And if my dear blogging friends out there would remember Kaz in their prayers, it would be greatly appreciated!! She has secondary cancer - a very aggressive sort; she is not old and has a young family.
However a huge PLUS, she does know the LORD, so that is a great blessing - and as this verse says:
Casting all your care upon HIM, for He careth for you – and we must not use the old fishing line trick of casting our burdens upon the LORD and then pulling them back. Those burdens are even more important to Him, so let's leave them in His all-wise hands!
 
If you want to see it done in different colours I have posted it before at the end of last year – see here, but this was the original one. This has the built up gold on it - the ones done at the end of last year were comparatively quick (ie photocopies from originals I had done and then painted in gouache, plus flat gold leaf). This original was done for a very dear friend down in Melbourne in 2002 (before digital photography in this house). She is now in a Nursing Home and her daughter has it, but Marg writes me the sweetest notes thanking me for teaching her daughter Patricia to read ( I taught her remedial reading when we were neighbours years ago). It makes you feel old when ones you taught in primary school are now mums and dads!
Thanks everyone for looking and most of all those who are praying for Kaz. May God bless you in your burdens too, and help us to remember this verse as we go about the day!
Shaz in Oz.x

7 comments:

Sarah C. said...

This is a lovely calligraphy piece and a lovely verse. Yes, He does care for us in so many small and big ways. May He open our eyes to this everyday!

I will be praying for your friend Kaz. May the Lord touch her with His healing hand and give strength to her and her family.

God bless,
Sarah

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely work as usual.....Kaz is added to the list which, sadly, gets longer and longer.......There is nothing at all on my desk, nor will there be until about the middle of October as I'm on a very necessary break - when I recover from a very busy time I hope to creep back to my desk and 'play' at calligraphy things which I've not had time to fiddle about with and explore for many months...too long.

Eileen said...

Morning .... I have not been around for a while so I had a good old nose about and saw some truly beautiful work that you have done .... Thanks for the tips on the Dreamweaver paste .... I will be buying some of that .... BTW my Stampscape stamps are coming out of the drawer! I feel like getting inky!!! Thanks for your support as always Shaz x

My thoughts are with your friend Kaz, her family and you at this difficult time for you all xxxxxx

Glenda said...

Each time I see one of your pieces, it just takes my breath away! This is absolutely beautiful. You are one talented lady!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Oh Shaz - this is breathtaking!! I am speechless (and that is saying something!!).

I will uphold Kaz and her family in my prayers. So heartbreaking to hear such sad news.

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Thinking of your friend at this testing time!

Thanks for visiting my London post, I had loads of fun! Seeing the steam train was a real treat. Your calligraphy is amazing!

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting me in your blog through FB.Yes, we need to learn to cast all our cares upon Him every day in every little situation. I liked your expression 'all-wise hands', a good reason to trust in Him. Manal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...