Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 10 September 2011

Red, Black and White - Lili of the Valley Challenge

Well over at Lily of the Valley it is Challenge 111 called "Missing you" and bethought myself of this little cute square by Lily of the Valley, of a bunny who is hunting anxiously at a Christmas mail box trying to see if his missed friend has sent him some mail (oops, maybe it is bird feeder - we dont have them over here and always thought it was letter box, till now). It will do as have very  limited range in Lili of valley.

I must admit I prefer their old way of doing squares where you had an assortment of sizes, rather than the large and one size only that they came in last time I bought a set about three months ago. The newer large squares are too big for standard size cards I like to use at Christmas.
This was from the very first set I bought from Lili of the Valley and have made a few of these to catch up on my Christmas card back log .Used the Cuttlebug winter Wonderland set and love this particular folder in the set, I have debossed it here and rather like it that way for a change. With some folders it just seems to work better for them. Other items were Nesties squares for mounts and a few snowflake brads and some bling.
Thanks so much for looking and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x

11 comments:

PeeJay said...

Beautiful card Shaz. That's a bird house (nesting box) hence the stocking hanging outside and the Santa Bunny delivering a gift to it. I've got this image sheet as well, unused, but not a lover of LOTV normally - just odd ones 'hit' me sometimes and this image was one of those odd times :0)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah that all makes sense now Pee-jay, thanks so much! I did not think of a bird nesting box, my sister does not like this winter scenes for Christmas but I think they are so cute.
Shaz in oz.x

Colleen said...

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your encouragement...Your card is wonderful...I love the embossing and the stamp is adorable.

Sylvia Blum said...

Adorable christmas card, Shaz! Love the embossing! Makes it very elegant!
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest Christmas card Shaz!! Love that image and your colouring is perfect! Hard to do on such a tiny piece. Love that embossing folder and how you debossed it to be different!
It's as lovely as you are!
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.. I love it when you visit!
Hugs,
Sheree

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Fab card Shaz! This ef is one of my favourites and I love that you used the debossed side - something I never think of doing. That's why I love to stop by - I always see some other way of doing something or some new technique. I too preferred the LOTV diecut images that were in the different sizes instead of the one size.

{{hugs}} and blessings
Jocelyn

Glenda said...

This is just the cuttiest image! What a wonderful card! I guess I'm gonna have to get into the Christmas Spirit!

lisa said...

A gorgeous card, Shaz. I love the LOTV images, it's always so hard to decide which ones to choose.
Your little bunny and bird house is just lovely and that embossing around the edge is stunning.
Hope you are having a good weekend. It's a bit breezy here but very warm.
Hugs Lisax

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is stunning, love the colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time hugs pops x

Colleen said...

Shaz...I loved your comment and in an effort to show it...it was deleted...I uninstalled commentluv and I think it hosed it up...I'm so sorry. You've been such an encouragement to me.

Hettie said...

This is such a cutie card. Love it.
Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...