Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 14 September 2011

WOYWW What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 119

Spring has sprung, Downunder, so my desk today is outside! I am out weeding pruning and tending to the garden. So putting in a few pickies (first one is the beach near here one evening) to give you an idea of what its like and what grows in this neck of the woods. 
The front garden has been pruned yesterday but this gives you an idea of where I am working - have grevilleas out there, and here is pickie of the gorgeous flowers they have- two here one is Honeybird Yellow and the other (orange one) is Birdsong - and yes! the song birds do love them.Also have to get into my roses (out the back due to salt winds). They were  pruned a while back, and shooting beautifully, but need fertilising and mulching. Also pictured some of ground covers out the front, one is another type of grevillea, a prostrate form, called Woolly Grevillea (it is so lovely and soft in foliage).

Plus some bindii out the back I need to hand weed out of the lawn – for those who don’t know bindii (and have no idea whether it is just an Aussie weed?) but it has nasty prickles in the middle of the plant, and you carry these prickles if you walk over it on the soles of your shoes, thongs etc. and so it spreads and if you tread on it with bare feet – ouch!
Have done two card posts since last week (also pictured) for which you will find the deets here and also here.
For those of you who are puzzled why we are looking at work desks (or the garden in my case)... join in the fun take a trip over to the royal hostess, Queen Julia of WOYYW, drop by Julia's Stamping Ground!

Thanks for looking and may God bless your day wherever you might be,
Shaz in Oz.x
PS For those wanting to know the name of the white embossing folder, bought last year on eBay  - here it is from the post below (link above) with the details on it: " Used the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland (set of six folders) and love this particular folder in the set, I have debossed it here... With some folders it just seems to work better for them."

31 comments:

RosA said...

Hi Shaz, Beautiful cards as always. I especially like the white background. Is it a new cuttlebug folder? Or just one I have missed? The bindiis have got away from us here. You don't walk on my grass with bare feet!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Ah your garden looks lovely, so nice to see fresh flowers when everything here in UK is starting to die (season of death: autumn, hate it). Your cards are so cute. Thanks for sharing Shaz xx

Sarah said...

wow spring...sounds so strange as we start digging out the gloves...! That's a lovely shot and some pretty cards to peruse today!
Thanks for sharing today! Sarah (at 2)

Belinda Basson said...

Spring has sprung here too and I took some stunning shots of my son in a field of yellow daisies on Sunday. We also get those horrid weeds and they are a beast to get out the lawn cos they go right through your glove and into your finger!

Glenda said...

Good morning Shaz! Such wonderful pictures of your garden and the beach is awesome. We have begun the slow crawl to Fall here, with somewhat cooler temps. We have had such hot weather all summer, most everyone would be greatful for a few flakes of snow!

Helen said...

Lovely pictures, good luck with your weeding!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely to see pictures of your garden in full flower - beautiful! My garden is coming to the point where I'm starting to put it to bed for the winter. I've still got flowers like asters, acanthus and rudbeckias going strong, but the best is the sedum with its plates of red flowers which the bees are going crazy for. I guess it's a chance to stock up on nectar before the autumn really kicks in. I must take some pics...where's the camera... :D xx

Sandy said...

Two lovely cards on your desk.
Adorable.
Happy WOYWW. Sandy #1

lisa said...

How lovely to see your piccies, Shaz. I would so love to walk along that beach and what a fantastic sky. I can almost smell the brine.
It's so interesting to see what flowers you grow, so different from ours. I've tried bottle brush in the past but they never survive our cold weather. Even my huge eculyptus was hit by the winter last year and we had to cut it down although it's all shooting from the bottom now thank goodness 'cos I love it.
Never heard of bindii weed but it sounds nasty. Good luck with digging it out!!!
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax

shazsilverwolf said...

Love your two cards, the white embossing one is gorgeous- what folder is it? I also love the frame effect on the 2 year olds, very clever. Your garden looks glorious- ours is looking a little sad now- not had the best of summer weather this year, nothing has really got into its flowering stride, as it were. I've just filled some planters with autumn/winter flowering pansies, one of my favourite flowers. Have a good week, Love,Shaz

Karen said...

The plants are gorgeous as are your cards too. Love looking around the world at different desks, who would've thought it huh - just shows how nosey we all are deep down...LOL!!! Enjoy WOYWW!

Neil said...

Hi there. Enjoy the gardening. I remember those thorns from South Africa, nasty little things that fortunately we don't get in the UK! The beach looks lovely, Our is 40 minutes drive away at least so don't get there too often and it doesn't look that pretty!

jude said...

Wish spring had sprung here.Sorry but the cold winds from the end of a hurricane has made it quite a week.More like fall/Winter..lol
Love your cards the dog's cute.
Happy wednesday wether it's creating or weeding
judex22

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great shots of the flowers. Lovely cards, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Trust you to spot my Rudolf nose, lol! No matter how much cream I put on it, it always catches the sun for some reason! Love your beach shot, so peaceful. Looking through some of my kayaking and sunset/sunrise photos from the holiday I remembered a quote by Lao Tsu "When you realise there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." Your beach shot reminded me of this too. Beautiful garden photos also, that bindii weed sounds like a real menace! Lovely cards, great Christmas embossing folder too, and I agree, depending on my mood I'm just as likely to chose the debossed side instead of the embossed one!

Hugs
Brenda

Kathryn said...

Hi Shaz!
Spring in Oz, eh? We're in the beginning of fall here. I gave up on weeds a long time ago, no point!
Love your cards! Gorgeous!!!!
Your calligraphy just blows my mind! As always!
Have a great week!
hugs!
kat

Sunshine Girl said...

How lovely to be spending time in your garden. I like both of your cards too.

Tertia said...

Spring has sprung here too! So nice to have some lovely sunshine again!
Lovely cards and enjoy gardening.
Happy WOYWW

Angie said...

What beautiful photos ...and i love the cards.

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz

Whaddya know . . . I joined in the WOYWW again today, as I hadn't done so for a while!

Fab pictures of your garden and the beach . . . and cards.

Happy WOYWW.
Hugs, Sandra (no. 66)

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick visit this week due to illness but hope to do better next week ... thanks for sharing your garden - you've no idea how exotic it looks to me - and I hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #121

Mrs A. said...

Starting to batten down the hatches here already. We have had high winds over the last few days the remains of the huricane has arrived from America. Lovely to see your flowers just emerging. Hugs Mrs A.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing some great photos. Fun to see the different things from around the world. Love your embossing and great cards. Enjoy the WOYWW and have a great week

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late getting here. Really LOVE, LOVE your garden. Spring looks so awesome in your part of the world. Happy belated WOYWW,.

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, Shaz. Very pretty cards! And what gorgeous flowers in your garden. All lovely photos. Funny to think of you getting into spring just as we in the UK approach the season of "mists and mellow fruitfulness" - I love autumn as it heralds the end of the summer which is too much heat for me (though not so much this year lol!), the glorious colours of the leaves, the smell of woodsmoke, the first nip in the air, and the thought of snuggling round the fire with a wheat pack and a kitty to keep me warm! God bless you.

Angela said...

*smile* I'm just now catching up on WOYWW...and today I worked on my front yard! I was weeding and shampooing the carpets in my car...much prefer the weeding! :) Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous cards!

Have a great weekend! (Thanks for stopping by, too!)

Angi
#104

RosA said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for that info re embossing folders. I must keep an eye out for that one! I was trying to glue that plastic slide mailer(bottom left hand side of pic, says "Art Deco"). Weldbond seems to have worked. (And that's the road to Thredbo. Went skiing last week.)

okienurse said...

Just wanted to pop by to visit your blog this week and say hello and see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

peggy aplSEEDS said...

thanks for sharing the pics of the lovely flowers in your garden! and the cards are cute! i've been seeing Christmas cards so i am hoping to start on some Christmas gifts soon.
thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Unknown said...

Lovely flowers and cards. It is so cool to see such pretty flowers in your part of the world while I am seeing Fall begin in my corner. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love the embossing on the Christmas card. So pretty.

Thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog. I appreciate it.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Spyder said...

sorrry! Been away, back now!! Love your pictures, sure I did mention about that cute doggy, must have forgotten to press the button (again!)
Happy late woyww

(Lyn)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...