Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 10 October 2011

With God all things are possible..

Hello everyone. Another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge for Sunday, and this week have a real easy one!!! Our hostess this week is the lovely Linda! 

Linda has chosen Mark 10:27 for this week's Scripture.

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. 
"God is not limited by our understanding of Him, there are many accounts of healing and miracles in the Word of God where the circumstances have been impossible but people have placed their trust in God and He has taken the impossible and made it possible."

So may we take these burdens to Him in prayer - believing He is God and able to work in all things in Hos time, and in spite of us.

Linda's Challenge is Anything Goes! Now how easy is that!!!

Here are two white and red Christmas card with the really beautiful Festive Tree A2 Craft Concepts Embossing Folder.
I wanted to keep it simple to show off the intricate details of the folder. It is white embossed on shimmery paper, then used fine snow-like glitter on details, with red card highlights and organza red white spot ribbon for trim. 

Used one of my favourite Daily Bread Christmas verses from "Christmas Blessings" for the greeting with red embossing powder. Would you believe my brother bought me this embossing powder? and an equally lovely green one and some delicious papers for me one Christmas - how is that for brotherly love?

Thanks for popping over everyone and may the dear Lord bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x

13 comments:

Finding Joy said...

Aren't brothers so sweet. I have three and they certainly are. What a lovely card you have made. It reminds me that Christmas is just a little too close for my liking and that the decorations are now appearing in all the stores:) I just want a few extra months !!!!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Shaz - it is lovely to see you! Your card is simply elegant! Love the crispness of the white and the contrast of the red - perfect! Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters for Christ this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

lisa said...

What a great brother you have, Shaz, that embossing powder looks gorgeous as does you card. Beautifully crisp and elegant. Just like your finished Wedding card. I can't believe you stuck all those pearls on singley, now that's deication.
Will miss you on Wednesday but have a good week.
Huigs Lisax

Unknown said...

I agree the embossing details are so great you really don't need much else. Lovely cards.


Thanks for commenting on my blog. I appreciate it:)

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Hi Shaz

Amazing embossing on this gorgeous Christmas card.

Beautiful ribbon and sentiment too.

Love Jules xx

Grace said...

Oh wow... both are beautiful! I love how the red pops on the white and love the gorgeous tree! Thanks for playing along with SSIC!!!

Eileen said...

Hi ya matey .... how you doing? Just love this elegant little number! The wedding card is just WOW too!!! Take care E xxx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Those cards are just perfect, so simple looking and elegant. Thanks for your visit today and your kind comments, which, as always, mean so much. Have a good week crafting.

JoZart Designs said...

Such beautiful cards and messages too. You've certainly been busy. I've just noticed the previous post so I'll certainly send Debbie a card.
Take care....
Love Jo x

Hettie said...

Those cards are beautiful Shaz. That embossing folder is lovely. Elegant and simple at the same time.
I wondered why I couldn't find you on the WOYWW list this week - is everything ok?

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, thanks for sharing!
hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is having a giveaway, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

:)) ...Вика said...

Hi Shaz
Жалею, что плохо владею английским ((
Так хочется тебе написать много.
Но я благодарна Богу, за наше знакомство и всегда рада быть у тебя в блоге и видеть тебя.
Красивая открытка.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Vika's comment translated above - thank you Vik!
Hi Shaz,
I regret that I badly know English :(
So you want to write to you much.
But I am grateful to God for our examination and is always happy to be in your blog and see you.
A beautiful postcard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...