Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 9 October 2011

White, silver and a touch of purple - Wedding Card + Cards for Debby

Hi there everyone. Well here is the card which I promised you on Wednesday - and to the WOYWW-ers among you, I am just letting you I may not be around this Wednesday. Hope to catch up with you all on 19th all being well.

This week is the last lesson of my calligraphy students and hope to have heir final projects to show you - God willing!
As I said on WOYWW post I was asked to do a wedding card in white, silver with a touch of purple by a very special friend.
I am also going to enter it into the Anything Goes Challenge blog for this week as the challenge is for Challenge 51 - Die cuts/ Punches or both.

Now to the recipe, used the Cuttlebug folder Swiss spots, and it was extended it a little (check post on this if you want to know how). It was scored a couple of lines to have a plain section for bottom of card. Used Mirri card from UK and Fleur de Lis Spellbinder Medallion for two main parts of the centre pieces and the tiny flower centre is from Spellbinder Flourish set. The alphabet was Cuttlebug Olivia and the labels was from Fancy tags 3 set, and Petite ovals - second smallest die. I used the tiny pearls from the Nestabling that matches these sets. However I did not like to when I overlaid as it is meant to be, as it hid all the purple underneath.

Hence I decided to do the very tedious thing of hand dividing them. Placed them one by one with ultra fine tweezers around the Petite Ovals die, and extending pearl double loop to outer as it was meant to be. If you can't understand what I mean let me know, it is hard to explain. Also added other pearls to corners and various other sections of the die cut outs, and silver ribbon.
Thanks for popping over, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x
PS. Please if you have time, send a card for Debbie see below. I plan to send one from stash this week, God willing - see link on top of sidebar or also with details pasted here:

"Friday, September 2, 2011 

Smile 4 Kids blog


Please help us Shower Debby with Thoughts and Prayers and Cards

About a month ago, one of our SAS4Kids team members, Debby Walker, was in an accident and sustained severe head trauma. After she came out of her coma she has had amnesia. She is slowly remembering things including how much she loves stamping and being on her design teams.  She is having motor skill issues as well and has started physical therapy.
Let’s shower her with thoughts and prayers and cards and let her know all of us are wishing her well. Here is her address:
Debby Walker
1805 Brownstone Blvd #301
Toledo OH 43614
I know stampers and crafters are giving and loving people and I hope you can take the time to send d Debby a card- just say you are an on line friend from Send a Smile 4 Kids.
Stamping smiles for Debby, 
Karen."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, my thoughts are with Debby for a speedy recovery Mary x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks for sharing that completed card. It is really elegant and pretty. Let's hope that Debby continues to make a steady recovery back to normal. Our thoughts are with her and her family.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, lovely to see this gorgeous card now that it's finished. It must have taken you ages to place all those pearls but the result was certainly worth it:) I hope Debby continues to make a good recovery and the physiotherapy helps her regain the skills she needs to get back into stamping again - because crafting is great therapy when the going gets tough. Elizabeth x

Sheree said...

Morning Shaz! Okay.. that card is stunning! I have that spellbinder and never thought about using glossy metals paper... genious! I am now picturing that on holiday cards as well.
Thanks for the post about cards for Debby! I am thinking of starting a blog for postings like hers. I am sure there are card makers all over the world in tragic situations like hers. Instead of putting our cards in a box... I am going to use them!
Have a wonderful weekend... wish it was spring here again!
Hugs,
Sheree

Joanie said...

Gorgeous. Beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes, Joanie

Kathleen said...

Fab card, great way to use the metallic card, really makes the card stand out.
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...