Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Part 2: Enlarging Cuttlebug Folders/ Backgrounds

Well, we have been enjoying some glorious spring weather lately, it really makes you appreciate life ( for those overseas our temperatures today and for the next week, if weather forecast is correct, are 15- 26C - thanks LORD!)



I am not sure how well this will show up for you but thought I would show you the white piece of paper I tested to see how the folder would join. You can see the slight pattern variation in the middle but because the form of the pattern has similar shapes throughout it is not really noticeable. It is more noticeable on the right if you look carefully.



The completed card turned out larger than originally planned basically because the Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Pendant shape cut in frosted mauve cardstock required the card be that size. This was why I looked at doing it on enlarged cuttlebug folder background.


 

Here is the finished card, as I said for a 60th Birthday.

Ingredients are:
1.Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Pendant and Borderabilites (note: it was only used for the edge of pattern as I needed one and half lengths of the die. This was the only way a join would not show in the Borderability, but thought that was a good variation).
2. Victoria Embossing folder, Cuttlebug.



3. Ribbon, not sure  what it is called, I used Bow Easy for the bow. The label die for ribbon tag is the centre die from Nellie Snellen Ovals. I printed Happy 60th on computer first before cutting out with die.

4. Card stock is from Stampin' Up Subtle Perfect Plum and Barely Banana.

5. 3D Pansy Picture - I cant remember what it is as I did it last year! also added Glossy Accents to give the lovely high shine.


I am off tomorrow to deliver it to the lady! Any questions, please just ask..

Next post, all being well, I will show the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder also done in a similar way except it has a repeating pattern! Posting may be unpredictable over next two weeks, as it is very busy with guests, doctor's appointment and tests, fun - actually mostly it is!
Till then, may God bless and happy crafting!!

5 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi there- I found you via my good friends blog( Maggie C, Silvercrafter).As well as friends we are co-mothers-in-law.I read your posts with interest, having been playing around with my cuttlebug folders lately.Like you, I have found that certain folders can be used to give a longer piece of work, And also that by using the folder 'upside down' you can de-boss, rather than emboss, as long as there are no words on the plate. I also adapted a folder this week, as I wanted to use it on my ladscape card, but it wouldn't work as it was. i split the folder along the seam, then 'hinged' it at the side instead. Its a cool trick that makes your folders even more adaptable. I have posted pictures on my blog, if you wanted to see what I mean. The birthday card is gorgeous, i love the folder you used.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments Shazilver wolf, and how nice we have similar names! And I quickly saw your blog and really appreciate Magggie C. putting me on he blog list must learn how to do these things, time is limited for blogging at present as just back from medical checks..but really love your ideas too. That was really why I started a blog so I can share - love learning new things from others. My problem is too many fingers in too many pies and limited time and energy.
Love the idea of hinging the folder at the side. My cuttlebug does frustrate me with its width sometimes.. will check your blogs out in more depth later... thanks heaps and hope to post soon today or tomorrow..

Unknown said...

These cards are beautiful :)I love the pansies they look so real - you are a talented lady indeed!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement, Melissa, I actually "Borrowed" them for this card! I had done them for a text order but changed the design layout so used them on the card, and I love them too. Your blog is great ideas site too.
http://craftingdiary.blogspot.com/
Shaz.x

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for sharing these instructions! All these tips really help newbie embossers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...