Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 25 July 2012

3D Daisy and Nellie Snellen ~ Cardmaking Online

Hullo there everyone. For those of you wondering where I have been?? still setting up craft room, and having a big sort out almost everywhere ~ See here!

The card today is using the Don and Daisy 3D sheet - this is prettier than the sheet colours show  on site, and it is a great, versatile set by Marianne Design with very good detail. 
Cut with fine scissors the pieces of Daisy from the top of the sheet, and shape them with the shaping tool on the dense foam Shaping mat.
Adhere them in order using the small 3D mounts and 3D glue until the layers are built up. TIP: when cutting them out place them in order to one side and shape and attach as you go. This is good when working with detailed 3D.
Once the picture is assembled, Daisy is carefully coated in Gloss Kote, Set aside to dry.
Then take a white sheet of card pre-cut to size (half an A5 sheet is almost the right size, I cut a little off bottom).
Using the Nellie Snellen Corner die cut carefully out each corner.
Make sure you line up each corner properly and for the top and bottom cut there was a slight overlap, at the centre part -shown below. There is no need to emboss it.
Using the Nellie Snellen Corner die cut carefully out each corner - make sure you line up each corner properly and for the top and bottom cut, there was a slight overlap. There is no need to emboss it.
I also found when using cardboard you needed to run it through about four times to make sure it cuts around all the lovely detail of this corner piece.
    Then when the four corners are cut, trim the excess to round off sides and bottom where they join the card, as shown in the two small close ups. Then attach with DST to a piece of pink card from the very delicious  Papermania A4 Paper Pack ~ Henbury Lane. 
    Then add the gold Peel Offs Happy Birthday with the pricking tool to place the birthday greeting carefully in top corners. Attach to white card base. Add the finishing touch of gold border peel offs.
      Thanks so very much for popping over for a peek and chat - and may our dear God bless your day wherever you may be,
      Shaz in Oz.x
      PS. This post was done at the weekend for my Wed post with Cardmaking Online DT blog, but since then there have been some changes and I am no longer on the DT. I've right cataract surgery coming up in 2 months, so it will be better not to have such responsibilities. 
      To those who have very generously supported my posts with them and joined the DT blog I want to say a very big thank you! You are ALL really appreciated more than ever - especially a very BIG thanks to especially to Mrs A. of It's an Alien Life, Sandra from Stamping for Pleasure, Sam from Hettiecraft, Jools, 
      Jani of Paper Compulsions and most of all to Anne of Brittany. I do love the blogging friendships we have, all over the world!
      However still wanted to share the card with you. 
      To all the WOYWW-ers, I hope to be with you next week, all being well, my room is making progress!

        10 comments:

        brenda said...
        This comment has been removed by the author.
        brenda said...

        Hello Shaz,

        Pleased to see your post that I have wondered about you a few times, although I had a little break from blogland myself.

        Trying to type post comments was getting really difficult plus I have a very poorly dog. I have found an answer to the typing problem and am now using a voice recognition program of so far so good, give or take a few wildcard words when it doesn't recognise what I said.

        Buffy by crafting companion is terminally ill and we are having to take it a day at a time, but her favourite place to be lying alongside my desk so I'm trying to carry on as normal as possible.

        See your having cataract surgery, don't know a great deal about it although my Dad had it done on both eyes and said it was a total miracle. So I really hope yours goes well.

        Lovely to catch up again.

        B X

        Victoria said...

        I'm so sorry to hear that you need surgery but pray that it will be swift, effective and as pain free as it can be. A smashing card to share even if you are leaving the DT - perfect for a little/not so little princess!

        Hettie said...

        Hello Shaz. I am so sorry to learn you are requiring surgery and pray that you will be up and about on your blog and in your craft room very soon. Your card is gorgeous and thank you for your kind mention. I always have pleasure in coming to see what you are up to.
        Big Hugs
        Hettie
        xx

        Unknown said...

        Adorable card. That hair is just awesome. Love those edges. Great work.

        Vicky Pedlow said...

        Shaz, I wish you all the very best with your operation and pray you will see great results (no pun intended)! Good luck sorting out your craft room - I hope it affords you many happy hours of crafting x

        Craftychris said...

        Sorry to hear you have to have surgery, it will make all the difference though and will be fine!! Hope your craft room refit goes well and your card is fabulous! Take care. xx

        Mrs A. said...

        Can't wait to see pictures of your new craft room. Hope your surgery goes ok and love to your monkeys. The boys are still in rehab but should be back home soon!! hugs Mrs A.

        Glenda said...

        Love your card! Hope your surgery is a huge success! Am waiting patiently to see new pictures of your craft room! Have a wonderful weekend!

        Julie said...

        Great card!

        Can't wait to see how you're getting on with your craft room!

        Sorry to her you've got to have surgery - hopefully you'll get some good results!

        xx

        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...