Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Hi B. Poppies are Red ~ and here they are!

Well folks, around to doing this post at last!
I spied last week on B's blog (or Brenda of Floral Fantasies) was having a comp. for  a poppy card or one inspired by poppy colours. 
I bethought myself of this lovely digi stamp by Chris Dark, The Sketching Stamper (not sure if still available, bought it a few years back now).
It was in my Snippets pile... which, by the bye, have been separated into four drawers :D in my re-organisation. You will see tomorrow, all being well, at WOYWW that it is still a W.I.P. (work in progress).



First thought I would try new method - took Stampin' Up Chalks and used them with Ink duster for the background, dusted with Certainly Celery and the light blue. Rubbed out excess, then decided to use the watercolour pencils by Caran D'ache, as it is printed on printer, did not use them with water, but used blender pen at end from Promarkers. 
 Then made frame for stamped image with Spellbinders large labels (really love these they work for so many things) in Certainly Celery card and mounted it up and added black cut out at back. 
 Used Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder enlarged and scoreboard for edged lines, with ribbon to match, and cut corner with Martha Stewart Corner Punch - Layered Arches. Another favourite of mine - highly recommend it as it such an open punch, it cuts beautifully. Found they are cheaper on eBay, for those of us Downunder.
Do pop over folks to Brenda's blog -  as it is very inspiring! she is one wonderful lady. I am thinking and praying for her at present, as Buddy her faithful companion is very, very ill, dear faithful fellow.

As this is a Snippet card, I also want to enter it in Pixies Snippets Challenge - yes bit late it not he playground but Di should know that is one of my attributes..don't like getting out of bed early. But check the playground every one, as it is open for two weeks this time especially for latecomers like me!

And to top it off going to also enter this in the Craft a Scene Challenge for this month as never seem to get around to it and this one fits into their "In the Garden" challenge for the month.. howzat?? must be record for me, three challenges in one!
Well, will leave you at the bottom of post with some photos over last month of the beach.. I am down there every week about three or four times.. but time gets away and dont post them much!
Had meant to add a greeting in centre but not sure at the time when made card... however here it is now ready for post - to friends for a a new home greeting card.
Thanks so much everyone for popping over every one for a peek and chat and may God bless your day wherever you may be!

Shaz in Oz.x
PS I also have taken a video of our garden clowns ( birds) eating the Grevillea nectar - but I dont know how to reduce it to add it to a post - it is only about 30 sec long, but too long for me to upload onto blog as it.. any help/ideas gladly accepted!
Big seas two weeks ago, these three on same day.



Same spot two days ago -  I thank God for His Creation, and being able to walk in it.

10 comments:

Di said...

Wow, what a card Shaz! So crisp and fresh - love the poppies and just everything about it. Beautiful colouring and the end result is absolutely gorgeous.

Great to see you in the playground - just beware though, Mrs A was busily erecting a 10 metre diving platform over the duck pond yesterday evening. I think she has Olympics fever and she's now donning a woolly cossie and snapping her rubber swim hat as she limbers up!!

Love those pictures of the shore/sea - what a contrast. You're so very lucky Shaz.

Hugs, Di xx

brenda said...

Good morning Shaz,

Well where do I start, the photos are awesome and they sure was a good swell one day, my Eliot would have been in his element.

I was really interested to read that you used your ink dusters with chalk, I must admit it never even occurred to me, but I have some new pan pastels and think I will give it a try.

As for your poppies, well they're just delightful and so beautifully coloured and realistic.

Thank you for your kind thoughts for Buffy, it very much a day at a time, Saturday she was so poorly we had to construct a blanket sling to carry her out to the loo, then Sunday she was really perky again, today not so much so, but thankfully she seems peaceful and relaxed.

Thank you so very much taking the time to join in my little fun challenge and also joining in at craft a scene this month.

I hope you're keeping as well as can be.

B x

:)) ...Вика said...

Привет,Shaz.
Мне очень нравятся места, где ты живешь. Вид моря, говорит о Его величии. Думаю, на сколько прекрасно находится на этом месте.
Твои открыточки, как всегда очень красивые.

Victoria said...

What a beautiful little scene of poppies! I love how you've framed it... it looks so classy! I love the photos of the shore... what a wonderful creation God created!

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Shaz, beautifully coloured. Love your photos too, stunning.
Hugs
Caz x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Vika from Ukraine said in Russian comment above:
:)) ... Vic said ...

Hello, Shaz.
I really like where you live. View of the sea, speaks about his greatness. I think, is very much on this site.
Your postcard as always very beautiful.

Craftychris said...

Oh your card is stunning - I absolutely love it! Your photo's are beautiful too xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

Oh, I do love that card. As always, I enjoy seeing your photos too.

I don't know how to upload videos either.... so un-tech-savy.

Hugs,
Kay

NancyD said...

Great card and wonderful photos Shaz. Really inspiring to combine a new card with God's creation. I do so love the beach too. Thank you for joining us over at Craft a Scene this month. NancyD

Mrs A. said...

Don't know how I manged to miss this first time round as I adore poppies. This is so so pretty. Must purchase that spellbinders die as it always looks so good on other peoples cards. I have purchased a couple of digi poppy designs and have been practising with my new distress markers. They certainly are a joy to use. Hope your boys are staying out of trouble. Hugs mrs a.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...