Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 23 February 2014

Polished stone + Artneko stamps + His Eye is On The Sparrow

Hullo all, 
Over at OSA (Oriental Stamp art) this month's technique is Polished Stone. See here for a post I did on it some time back now. it has lots more detail. This was to have been my desk for WOYWW two weeks back, but time and unwellness beat me.
Here is my Polished Stone, which this month's Technique. Used the polished stone adapted to my stash items.
I had some alcohol blender, alcohol inks and some regular inks, and spread inks around roughly with cottonwool balls. Then overlaid with plastic wrap
(spritzed lightly inside with water, crinkled up then spread out) to finish off ink spread...
Dried photo paper with heat gun. As I was heavy handed with ink on one sheet I thought I would try to buff the photo paper with wet wipes..  
Wow!! was it ever like polished stone???
Anyway here are two images.. one has has two sheets made and other is card.

Stamps are a new set from Artneko - they are so good to work with, so beautifully cut, love them!
here they are here. You dont have to buy whole sheet, they can be bought individually
 I really love the verse "Be still and know that I am God" .. it is here in front of me on small piece of timber on my computer desk.
And oh how we need it.. if we don't know the LORD we need to be still that we may come to know Him.. especially in His word.. if we are followers of Jesus then we need to be still that we may follow and listen to "His still, quiet voice".
Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and a chat. Commenting wise, etc. is quiet due to health for a while. I really appreciate yours and will try and make it up when health matter is sorted.
May God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x

Would like to join these over with the following:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on card.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

17 comments:

brenda said...

Wonderful depth of colour Shaz and I may well have said before I love blue and green as a colour palette.

Sending love,

B x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card Shaz
love it
have a lovely day
hugs Tamara

scrappymo! said...

God bless you too Shaz and may he protect you through this illness.

your cards are sonderful. i am going to try this technique as I like the finished result...so suits your pretty stamps!

Sally H said...

Absolutely beautiful, Shaz. Hope you feel better soon. I will be praying for your speedy recovery. Big hugs xxx

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

Interesting techique! TFS!
Card is very nice, and I hope you feel better soon!
If you get this post more than once, please feel free to delete one!
I wasn't finished, and it disappeared!!!
Have a great week!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, and I am always SO incredibly grateful to have you share your art with us. I pray that God will bless your week, and give you the desires of your heart. Thanks for your fellowship and for sharing with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

MaryH said...

Hi Sharon, hoping all is wonderful in Oz. I love your polished backgrounds, and when I saw your image, I thought Our Daily Bread Designs. I have that sparrow with the same saying, and how beautiful it was on your background. Your oriental designs behind the focal piece were so pretty. I would never have thought to combine the designs, but it worked so very well on this card. Liked the oriental diamond shape with the fun letters too. Great card. TFS & good to see ya in the Snippets Playground. Many hugs.

Hettie said...

Oh Wow Shaz. These two "stones" are beautiful and I love the card you have made. The stamps are beautiful too.
Hope you are feeling better soon. I have had a chest infection for three weeks so I feel your pain!
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Oh how clever you are dearest Shaz! LOVE the backgrounds you made and such a lovely card.

Hope you're feeling a bit better by now.

Hugs, Di xx

Jean said...

Super card Shaz, I love the little bird and your lovely background.
I hope you feel better soon.
Jean x

Rossella said...

Fabulous, love that background
Rosie x

SarahGeorge said...

This is so very beautiful!! Thank you so much for the new technique taught. Love the new stamp set, especially the bird and the verse you've used. Absolutely beautiful! :).

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

So pretty Shaz - I have never tried that technique - love the effect.

Jocelyn x

Robyn said...

HIS eye is indeed on the sparrow. I know he cares for my hurts and sorrow. Again, I say rejoice!

MaryH said...

Hi Sharon, Just realized I've not seen anything of you as I blog around the 'net on visiting. Wanted to pop in to say Hello, and that I hope all things are going ok in your part of the world. Hope you're just extra busy, and not feeling poorly. Hugs & Blessings.

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful Shaz! I love this technique!! yours is really lovely!
Hugs, Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...