Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 25 July 2014

Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge and "White on White" at Allsorts

{ANNIE"S FRIDAY SMILES - post see down below) 
Hullo everyone well this ultra quick post to lob in and share this card.. over at Allsorts it is White on White (first card) and at Mrs A's challenge is spots and stripes (second card) so decided to combine the two. Had this idea y'see! ;D
So here tis! wanted to use vellum embossed with stamps (Elusive Images) hardly ever used - on vellum, white embossing powder and Versamark, and a frame with glitter card. Now had to use square punch by EK Success and the scallop Spellbinders as two dies (square and scallop) would not work. Embossing folders are CB Spots and Dots, and Candy stripes,  "Just for you" is SU "All Ovals" with oval punch. Then looked at it afterwards and realised: 1. it had no butterfly and 2. my friend who I was giving this too would want some mauve on it. (and why does white look cream on left?)
So out came the Tombows and coloured the back of the vellum, re-stamped the Just for You stamp and mounted on snippets of brayered glimmery card and punched two butterflies with same, added some pearls, and ta da!! another look to the same card. Now is just me or does this one look heaps better?
As this card has snippets am also popping over to the snippets playground and also to Word Art Wednesday and the Anything goes challenge.
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be! 
Shaz in Oz.x

10 comments:

brenda said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, really like the colours of the second but the first has such a delicate feel to it.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Was oooooing over the first card and then scrolled down to the second card. Oh wow the colour brings the vellum to life. I love how you have used the EF folders for the posts and stripes. Great effect. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Craftychris said...

I think they are both gorgeous! I never think to use vellum, I really must! xxx

sharon said...

Shaz both cards are fabulous! I really do love white on white.
hugs
sharon :)

Di said...

Really fabulous cards Shaz - so elegant! I've been trying to decide if I like one more than the other and just can't - they're both really beautiful!

Hugs, Di xx

Betsy said...

So pretty. The butterflies are a nice touch Shaz. Beautiful, beautiful.
Blessings,
Betsy

Hettie said...

These are both lovely Shaz. I have to say I don't do white on white. Too much whiteness! Gotta have some ink on there somewhere!
Hugs
xx

Judys Lace Creations said...

Those cards..very elegant.I've never used vellum.Must have a go one day.

Cathy said...

These are beautiful Shaz, I thought the first one was amazing and then saw the 2nd one with the gorgeous purples, your colouring really highlights the embossed and diecut details. The recipients will love these, Cathy x

Ginny Maxam said...

beautiful!!! I hope you win!!
Hugs!
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...