Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Our Daily Bread Christmas Challenge ~ sort of!

Hullo everyone ... yes - surprise!!!! am back again!
Now in my typical manner I made these cards, then the two week challenge (think that would be long enough!?) expired few hours ago but going to post them anyway - if the storm outside doesn't beat me :D 
It is summer here in Oz and really loving it... not too hot where I live, cos we are near the sea. 
To the card, or actually cards:
This card came to me one sleepless night! Love the elements, these have to be some of my favourite quality crafty items. Folder is Marianne Designable DS0908, poinsettia die is by Britannia and has great detail, I wish all dies were this good! The stamp is Our daily Bread Christmas Blessings set, and I gold-embossed the edges of card + where designable shows through, (it is very hard to get matt gold cardstock here and did not want to over-use what I have, also it then matched the stamp embossing. It is Ranger ultra fine BTW and it really great colour wise) added some pearls and ribbon left over bits.
As you can see really made three, if you have everything out for it and it is Christmas cards you might as well multiply. The first one is the bottom one here. I made two mistakes on it:
1. I stamped upside down (did not read my inked TOP on stamp through clear mount, der!) 2. It was not inked on "S" of " "Sending love and prayers" so had to hide that with poinsettia. :D
Thanks for popping over everyone for peek and chat.. sorry, I will comment as time permits :D but really appreciate your thoughtfulness to comment.
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x
PS have heaps of cards to share but dont have time to blog them at the moment.. 

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." Matthew 1:23
** these cards am linking over to these challenges:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.
3. Simon Says Monday Challenge - anything goes http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

10 comments:

Di said...

Fabulous cards Shaz! That Marianne folder is one of my favourites and how clever to use it with a gorgeous poinsettias!

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

Totally delightful and stylish cards Shaz.

In case I am not here again beforehand, wishing you and your family a Peaceful and Joyous Christmas.

B x

cheiro urgia said...

Oooooh, gold and white - what a great combination. Wonderful, and very elegant cards!
Hugs from the other side of the world ;)

Kathleen said...

Very classy cards just love them.

Kath x

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful Cards, I love the white on gold. your fixes were interesting too! Beautiful die cuts!! Thank you for sharing your cards and the Christmas message!!

Diane Noble said...

Truly beautiful. Love the gold and white. A stunning card. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us for our Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. We are so grateful for your support!
Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

Brenda in IN said...

These are stunning. I love the shiny gold peeking out and the poinsettia in gold is beautiful. I wish I could think up gorgeous card on sleepless nights. All I think of are things I have to do!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! I love that elegant die.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...