Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 26 November 2014

WOYWW + Verse for Christmas Card Inserts

Hullo there everyone, well another quick post to link over to WOYWW for those not in the know it is What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our Julia's desk at the Stamping Ground!

Now to my desk:
Desk Front: card fronts with gold or silver ink edges, ribbon bling, scissors,glues Back left: production line of punched silhouette images, Monkeys - of course! minding glue and WOYWW sign under pile of cards already made. Right: more images to punch, poem of card inserts printed off and sheet of card about to rule it up for the silver and gold scallops circles. Love my T-bar ruler. Pegs for holding glued ribbon in place.
This isn't my main desk, this table found on roadside pile, fold up camping table and is often in main part of room as big space there for it.. Main desk is narrow and good for single card making but not mass production like this. I had brain frieze - when yesterday a card recount, a shortfall indeed! not sure what happened with first count fortnight ago! Eeek! so prayed - LORD popped an idea into my head. These silhouettes were to be for envelopes, but now this with several layouts.
This is first prototypes in silver and gold.. I will no doubt not make them all like this will vary .. cant stick to one pattern but will use the Holly CB folder for all of them with inked edges as have done that and ribbon somewhere. * these cards entered in challenges below :D
This is my insert verse in card below .. finally finished verse yesterday, was struggling this year... I am not a poet, I write doggerel, as does not have true meter and rhyme but do it simply to share a message of great import to me.. all cards I make are finished with this sort of insert.
Outside of this card shared before...
 Here is what is written on the insert .. free to use, if you wish. Other verses from 2013, 2012 maybe found here and here.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Saviour,
Which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11

The Reality of Christmas?

Is it those pretty snowy scenes of the northern sphere?
Or the jolly, rosy-cheeked, red-suited man others hold dear?
What do we see at the very heart of Christmas time?
Look, SEE - it is the Christ of Christmas-mine.

                     C is the for the Christ child who came, of whom angels sing,
                                                 H is the Hope of a Home in Heaven, He alone can bring, 
                R is the Risen Christ, Who died on the cross for me, 
                    I  is for I, who need to trust in Him alone - to be free! 
                          S is for my Sins He bore, instead of me, on Calvary’s tree
                     T is Time – that all will give account on judgment day

So let us look! See! Truly seek Him, while we may.

S.L.G. ~ 23.11.14
EDIT: try as would could not get acrostic to go straight down as it should but you can fix it up not on original.
Here is the photo from Oz today.. not taken today as we are enjoying some very welcome rain, best for a long time but not drought breaking yet. I really pray for farmers the need it so very much, hardest dry spell for long time.
Thanks for popping over everyone for peek and chat.. sorry, will have to comment as time permits :D but really appreciate your words.
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x
PS have heaps of cards to share but dont have time to blog them at the moment.. 

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto Him be glory... Ephesians 3: 20, 21a
 
** these two cards am linking over to these challenges:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

40 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

Your Christmas cards are beautiful. I love how you did the images on the front. Also, I'm quite impressed with your poem.

I find it difficult to write sometimes when I have to think deep and powerful thoughts. You did a great job of it.

Glad you are getting much needed rain. We have been in a drought for years also and I hear we aren't getting as much snow as first predicted. We will wait and see.

Happy WOYWW,
Hugs, Kay (no # yet)

Helen said...

I think those circles of silhouettes look great! I haven't finished mine yet either... nor even found the list to check how many I need! Have a lovely week. Helen 6

Betsy said...

Shaz I adore your cards and the poem is quite simply beautiful. You write as amazingly as you make your cards. I cannot write a verse like that ever. I'm terrible. But I am going to print yours off and use it next year. My cards are all addressed, sealed, stamped and ready to be mailed on Friday so it's too late for me this year.
Blessings,
Betsy

Bridget Larsen said...

I must make my own WOYWW sign, since I never got one from the wonderful Julia. Love yours and those christmas cards are to die for
Bridget #1

Chrysalis said...

Crumbs, you sound busy, Shaz! Glad you're on a roll with the Christmas bits, though. Some lovely stuff going on there. Enjoy. Chris # 8

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

You are so buisy
on your desk are so many lovely projects in work
great cards
hugs Tamara

Neet said...

I'll join with the prayer for rain for you.
Love those seals turned into cards - they look fabulous. What a great idea.
Gosh Shaz, you have been busy, put me to shame - must get on.
Hugs, Neet xx 30

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a busy desk right there, lol! I really like those cards with the circles on the front..what a great idea, really effective :-). And I'm not jealous of that beautiful blue sky and sea photo...I can feel the warmth from here!
Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

Anne said...

The cards are lovely. Your verse is brilliant! Like you I'm soooo busy. Glad you had some rain and hope you get more - not something we often ask for in UK :-) but we would certainly miss it if it didn't arrive! Happy WOYWW Anne x @32

Annie said...

I'm having a quick catch up while the munchkins play with the Lego.
I love your cards and that poem is lovely...well done you.
Hugs,
Annie x. #23

Glenda said...

Such beautiful cards for the upcoming Christmas Holiday! Love the pretty silver and gold pops on each card! Well done!
Glenda #45

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz! I love your cards and I think your poem is wonderful!! I also enjoy your Oz photos every week!!Thanks for sharing,
Happy WOYWW Ginny #43

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz . . . lovely of you to join in with Rudolph Day again after last month's little problem!

Your cards are great. Terrific layout.

Glad you are getting some much needed rain. We've had rather too much of it recently . . . happy to share!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Never mind about time to blog share - be sure to take some time for yourself...you do not need to be over doing it this season and in the heat! Your cards are of course gorgeous, and I love the insert..not surprised that you had to work on it, it's wonderful!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz...sure have got a production line working there. Lovely Christmas verse....I have all the card middles to do this week mmm...busy day tomorrow. Have a great week Cheers RobynO#34

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the embossed background and the circles! We've got those PG monkeys too! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #41

Anne said...

Beautiful cards, beautiful verse! I didn't realise you wrote these verses yourself! Clever gal! You are a blessing! TFS!xx

fairy thoughts said...

Looks like a sweatshop production like to me lol .... It probably feels like it too. The silhouettes look great
Janet

Hettie said...

Lovely cards there Shaz. I do like the purple ones! You should get alot done at this rate.
Hugs
xx

Brenda in IN said...

I think these cards are beautiful. Such wonderful scenes and the verse you created is perfect.

Lisca said...

Oh those cards are lovely. I have a stamp set like that (silhouettes) and you've given me an idea of how to use them.
Clever you to think of that rhyme.
We're having drought here too. It hasn't rained for months and when it does it's a short drizzle or a 5 min shower. The farmers are praying for rain. It's winter here (Spain) and it should rain (but it hasn't so far).
Those 'baroque' decorations are beautiful. I do love your zentagled baubles. Stunning. I might look out for those dies and do some next year.
Have a great week,
Lisca#24

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing what you inserted on the insides. Lovely. Happy WOYWW! #57

Karon said...

Wonderful Christmas cards - so unique! Thanks for sharing.

Karon #48

Karon's Krafty Korner

Robyn said...

busy girl- glad you are feeling up to it! continued log and healing light coming your way.
In His grip,
Robyn 7(maybe?)

Kathleen said...

Love these cards Shaz and the great images and colours are fabulous.

Kath x

VonnyK said...

Your cards are beautiful, I love the circles and your poem in the cards is fabulous. Guess I should think about designing a card, I'm always a last minute person. Please do send some rain up here, all the storms seem to miss us and our tank is empty.
Have a great week making cards.
Von #17

Craftychris said...

Fabulous cards, and lovely poem. I have made quite a few but still have a lot to do! xxx

Mrs A. said...

I like the fronts for these cards. At a quick glance I thought you had used bottle tops.
We have more than enough rain here in the UK. The overflow flood pond at the side our house was have full this morning. wish I could bottle it all up and send off to you. hugs Mrs A.

Cazzy said...

Hi Shaz, Happy WOYWW. I know what you mean about not being able to stick to a pattern, it is the reason I have no cards for sale in the shop - the committee approved just one of my cards and said they thought I should make 6 variations of it - I haven't even managed to replace the approved card with the same yet!

Great idea with the silhouettes though, and they look good.

Cazzy #42

April said...

Thank you so much for sharing the inside of your card - I love it. And it's too bad you're not in the states - we have two postage stamps that would go along with your card perfectly. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
April #71

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Happy WOYWW and Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for dropping by! Oh wow, I am so impressed at your Christmas cards. The best ones remind us what Christmas is really all about and your card does just that. How amazing that you make your own poems! I am super impressed, Shaz!
Hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS@13

Mrs.D said...

Shaz, loved those circle labels, make a very simple but very 'to the point' cards. And I love your poem, someone share one with similar theme on a card making page on FB, so important to tell the Gospel and let people make of it what they want.
Bless you.
Chris #27

Di said...

Two fabulous snippets cards Shaz! I think your little circles saved the day!

Hugs

Di xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the Christmas cards, looks like a great way to make some fairly quick cards, great idea.
Happy crafting, Angela x 60

Unknown said...

Very nice and very creative Shaz. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday today. We appreciate your faithfulness.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Anonymous said...

Love your cards! I also spied a little WOYWW sign on your desk... what a great idea! :D
Hugs,
Beth P
#70

Anonymous said...

Love your cards! I also spied a little WOYWW sign on your desk... what a great idea! :D
Hugs,
Beth P
#70

scrappymo! said...

Your cards look wonderful (as always) and I love your veerse!

At first I thought you were making bottle cap embelliew when I saw the sheet of paper with all the circels. Then I blew up the photos and saw the lovely metallic scalloped mats...so pretty.

Your beach photo is awesome.

Yep...I am going to take over Rudolph Day starting in January. We move house 2 days before so I have made my cards ahead and have autoscheduled it. Will walk over to my daughters in the evenings and post comments for that first month. Can't always count on the internet to be working right away!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving your Christmas cards- and I am not brave enough to show off the mess on my desk! I dropped you a letter- and forget to put the letter on it, so you will just get an envelope and some goodies : ) Not a dog collar though....hehehe

Mrs A. said...

Your gorgeous card and goodies arrived this morning. Thank you so much. I love the card. hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...