Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 10 November 2014

Just 'cause + a Christmas card or two!

Hullo everyone in a rip-roaring hurry here so wont waffle :D
Over at Christian Cardmaker's (CCM) group on Facebook, (run by Ginny - see her blog, and email her, if you want to know more about it) has some really great digi's that just call out for you to make some cards so here are some made this week.
I just love this verse... and good to remember when I am full of negativity. Spellbinders rectangles and cuttlebug folder which you can barely see. A birthday card for a friend next week.
Remember the batik patterns? well, we had a batik week and this was one of them available to print.. lovely isn't it? a WAW digi Bible verse.
This Digi Bible verse is from WAW, too and love it ... "the LORD is my Refuge, my Fortress, in Whom I will trust" Amen! Balloons are this weeks theme @ CCM. A great male image, focal image is raised but you cant tell. Tim Holtz distressed folder all inky.
Ten days ago I shared two dozen cards (here), most were made with these card toppers for Christmas, with differing backgrounds.. thought of doing this one with Memory Box Star mask. It has all these different sized stars on it. Used gold embossing paste and mixed gold glitter with it for extra sparkle... really love it.
As wont have time again this week to post... or so I think at this stage... here is my image from Oz for this week. My bunch of Kardinal roses (yes, spelling looks wrong but that is how they are spelt). All but one of these were off one rose bush and four of the six were on the one stem, pretty amazing, eh? I love God's marvellous creation!
I will comment as able may take til next week to get there :D

Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be!  Shaz in Oz.x
Linking cards up to:

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.
3. Our Daily Bread - bi-weekly challenge anything for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Christmas cards

13 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Shaz

Beautiful card makes, and I agree with the verses they are so apt.
Stunning Kardinal roses, the rich red
of the roses and dark green leaves is stunning, and I bet the smell of the open roses is gorgeous.

luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Oh what a beautiful selection of cards Shaz! Great use of snippets - I especially love the balloon one.

Can almost smell those roses from here :)

Hugs

Di xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shaz, it's wonderful to see all these beautiful cards you've made! Each one is lovely, and I especially love the blue and gold one you've made for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. What beautiful shine and wonderful gold stars to match the magnificent focal image of your card (which is so powerful!). And your roses are gorgeous! Just love how God has made so much beauty for us to enjoy! Hugs, sweet friend!

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous cards and all so different, love all the stars and sentiment on the last card.

Kath x

debby4000 said...

Oh what beautiful cards.
Luv
Debby

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You sure have been busy, Shaz. Each and every one of your cards are beautiful!! I especially love the one you shared with us at ODBD with the gold sparkling stars and the rich blue with all the majestic names for our Savior. Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD!!

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful cards and wonderful choice of verses, Shaz.
Hope you are doing well...seems so long since I stopped by...just busy organizing the move!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love the color combos on the hot air balloon and the WAW card. Hope you have a wonderful week with all you are going to have to handle. I'll be praying for you. Hugs.

Brenda in IN said...

All I can say is wow, wow and wow. The cards are great. I love the gold stars one best. BUT, the batik really is so pretty. Well they all are. Your roses are stunning. They look like they came from a florist. They are lovely.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cars
love flowers
hugs Tamara

Mrs A. said...

All fantastic cards and I adore the colour of your roses. Hugs mrs A.

Darnell said...

Such a fantastic snippets post to come and visit, Shaz! Your cards and roses are so beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

Craftychris said...

What a wonderful selection of cards! Each one is gorgeous - you have been very busy! Your roses are so pretty - such a lovely deep colour xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...