Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 20 November 2014

WOYWW Golfing card + Pineapples again!

Hullo there everyone yes a day late with this post again.. but as was told before better late than not at all :D Have been away and to be honest can tell the end of the year is coming cos the pace seems frenetic .. doesn't it?? For those not in the know .. this is desk time of the week, or rather Wednesday is .. over at Julia's for WOYWW or What is On Your workdesk Wednesday
My desk has very little happening, as have not crafted for over a week. However the images printed off there on Inkjet coated 108gsm paper ready to make some cards, as over at Christian Card Makers on Facebook the theme for this fortnight is roses.. hence all the roses printed. I do love my new inkjet coated paper bought this a week or so ago for printing, had run out :D. Also have some wee bottles of glue in front there (three), on left some Christmas making detritus. Of course the monkeys say HI!! and the tape at back on my drawer set is piled up with my tape stand - made out of foam base covered then some bamboo skewers all taped together, about eight, and then poked in foam base.. hey! presto tape holder :D
I have a number of cards made and not shared; this is one made for dad's only sister's 80th. She is a mad keen golfer, and so made 3D golfing lady card.. I changed the image  bit; found it through Google, could never find who drew it, so I am sorry if have erred in doing this. When printed it off was very poor image so redrew lines changed a little then rescanned it and printed it out for 3D. I did some paper piecing as you will see. Used X cut Victorian rectangles for die base.
OKAY.. yesss!!! another pineapple .. this is this plants second one... for those who are often here will member the first one back here..
and this one  is the top from first pineapple it is growing slowly and will have on about twelve months .. perhaps. I think it is rather a miracle really .. and yes it was just a shop bought pineapple, the first one.
Well thanks for peeking everyone, happy WOYWW and may God bless your day wherever you may be, Shaz in Oz. x
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

18 comments:

Anne said...

What gorgeous rose prints! I know you will have fun with these! Your golfing card is SUPERB! I love it! The image is brilliant, great fun! Well done! Your pineapple plant is doing so well!

Anne said...

Pretty prints and great card for the golfer! nature is amazing isn't it. Belated WOYWW from me. Anne x #34

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Lovely prints and gorgeous card
hugs Tamara

Di said...

Great card for a lady golfer Shaz! And I'm fascinated by your pineapple plant.

Hugs

Di xx

Craftychris said...

I bet Auntie Moira loved her fabulous card! Your desk looks very busy, those rose images are so pretty. xxx

Brenda in IN said...

Your flower prints are so pretty and will make gorgeous cards. The golf card is so fun, she looks so determined. I'm in awe over you growing your own pineapple plants. That is terrific.

Krisha said...

Hi Shaz, I adore the golfer card, that is sooooo cute!
I'm a little late with WOYWW visits, but couldn't resist stopping by to say HI!
Krisha #5

Stephanie said...

Hello dear Shaz! The flower prints are simply gorgeous! Have a wonderful day. Hugs!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love the golfer card. It looks like she is on a mission. Looks like you will be posting some rose cards on CCM. I didn't know it took that long for pineapples to grow, but I know you will enjoy them when they are ready. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Love you! Hugs.

okienurse said...

love those rose prints! Looking forward to seeing the cards! The pineapple! Yes I remember because I bought two gold pineapples to try this out after reading the 1st pineapple post and I am happy to say a year later they are still growing but since it gets so cold here they are in pots in the living room! Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #17

Betsy said...

Wow! You're growing your own pineapples? That's wonderful. Your golf card is really cute. I hope all is well with you my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mrs.D said...

Hi Shaz, doesn't matter that you are late, gives me something new to look at, I do like the golfing card, and those roses look as if they are going to be really special cards.
Thanks for dropping in at my desk, and yes sometimes I do run out of steam.
Bless you
Chris #25

Julia Dunnit said...

Thrilled about the pineapples - they are an exercise in patience aren't they! I love the birthday card - I think it's originally an image by Art Impressions, they have a whole range like this. It's a great card though. So can tell that you live in the 'other' hemisphere...roses for Christmas cards! How fab!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. The golfer card is great. What a fun image. How wonderful to be growing your own pineapple. How wonderful to have that climate! Ali x #42

Darnell said...

This was a fun read, Shaz! Your printouts look so pretty all ready for carding and I adore your golfer lady card!! And the pineapple, oh, yes, I remember! I think it's awesome that you have a new one coming! We tried that once when our Dan was a boy with no luck, so it's neat to see it work for you!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Letchworth said...

What a cute image, and it looks fabulous on that pretty and wide ribbon. It looks great, and I want to thank you for sharing it in our challenge. You are such a blessing to me in so many ways. THanks for sharing and have a fabulous week.
God's blessings to you always,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog - I hope you will stop by to say hello!

scrappymo! said...

Great Birthday card for a golfer. That series of ladies always make me smile...I think it is an Art Impressions stamp...they make a series just like this.
Your paper piecing is fab and so suits this image!

Conniecrafter said...

Thank you for the tip, that is a great idea when I don't see it in time to fix it, hopefully I can remember that next time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...