Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Middle Verse in Bible = TRUST God.

Dear ones, today's post is something I shared with another struggling friend in an incredibly hard spot. 
It blessed me and thought others might blessed by it, too. It's a timeless lesson on trusting God come what may, no matter what we see. My friend doesn't look here..
An illuminated text I made recently for a precious friend & her family. This verse is the middle verse in the Bible. "It is better to TRUST in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8
Many before us have walked hard, seemingly cruel, grief-filled paths and even walk them now.
We walk in a sin-spoilt world.
We are torn by our own sinful nature, which ruled in us before we became Christians, and continues now. The world that tells us to stick up for our rights, what we want matters!
This is simply not true. 
We are, as Isaiah 64 says:
.."we are all as the unclean thing .. and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
We are not our own.
If we have trusted in Jesus as our LORD and Saviour, we are not our own.
We are bond servants, slaves to Christ's will .. NOT our plans, wills or our desires.
We are bought with a price from the slave market of sin at salvation, bought by the blood of Christ.
Job is the oldest book in the Bible.
Job contains the oldest picture of full extent of human suffering.
In chap.1 after all their children their wealth were lost, Job's wife said, "to curse God and die".
Job replied: "thou speakest as the foolish ones speak. 
The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord."
**He gave an incredibly Godly answer.
Yet in spite of the completely wrong judgement by his four friends, that Job's sin caused his loss, Job was roundly condemned by God because he justified himself as righteous, with his replies to his friends.
When confronted by his holy, truly righteous God, Job cries (Job 42):
 "I repent in dust and ashes".
That's where we need to be.
All the things that befell Job were  seemingly unjust, cruel and horrid.
It is just the same for you and I.
Cruel, horrid and oh so painful.
Life really hurts.
But we must see our hearts as God sees them and be truly sorry or as Job said, repent in dust and ashes.
Hate our sin, not our situation.
That's what God wants of us.
Spirit-sight of a situation.
See as God sees.
We are very blessed with so many silver linings in those grey clouds.
Very blessed.
We need to focus on that blessing and not our grief, sorrow or loss of health, family or income, etc. Of course, it's easier said than done.
But God's help is but a prayer away.
For we can be sure..
God has a higher end in view.
He sees IN our situation, what we cannot see.
He sees in you what you see not.
He wants to glorify Himself in and through us all.
Trust Him.
He faileth not.
Satan loves to lie and torment. We need to listen to God's word not those lying torments.
I'm praying for all who read this.
If you're confused..  perhaps reading this post here may help 
We need to trust in God's wisdom not our own.
Trust God.
That's key. 
TRUST HIM when dark doubts assail you,
TRUST HIM when your faith is small, 
TRUST HIM when to simply
TRUST HIM, is the hardest thing of all.
Found in brayered snippets drawer this piece using SU Daisy Silhouette set. Love it. Snippets blue background embossed with Swirls EF. Verse digi from stash. Verse shows us to rejoice is the way to go to peace. 
I will be glad and rejoice in Thee, I will sing praise to Thy Name..
A peek from my walk yesterday. There is in photo a real tranquillity. Let us remember .."we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Rom 5:1b
Sorry this is long and wordy. If it blesses one, it's been worth it.
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

Linking up with:
1. http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ Anything goes! 
2. https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-glitters-gold
Illuminated text. Middle Verse Ps 118:8. Has 23 carat gold on it.
3. http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.com/2018/11/thank-you-so-much.html
Thanksgiving. = First thanksgiving was praise to God fot His provision. This verse is on blue card with Ps 9 vs2.

5 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a beautiful framed bible verse, your calligraphy is superb. Hope you are well. Have a wonderful week, off to physio in the big smoke tomorrow... Megan

Betsy said...

Oh my dear Shaz, thank you so much for this post. Although my problems are nothing compared to what Job faced, all of my physical things are beginning to get me down. We just discussed Job at Bible study last week. This is the fourth time in less than two weeks I have been faced with these very Scriptures. Do you think our dear Lord is trying to tell me something? Ha! I never was a fast learner.
Thank you so much for your words of wisdom in this post. I appreciate the lessons I learn from you my dear sweet sister from the other side of the world. Blessings always, Betsy

Conniecrafter said...

It is so easy when life is handing you some really rough times to forget to go to God first and ask him for strength and understanding to get through each and every day and moment really, I can't imagine going through life without God to guide and give wisdom!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful gift for your friend - and the words, as is all scripture, are so true.
Thank you for the encouraging tone of your blog post
Blessings
Maxine

loz said...

Beautiful framed words and a gorgeous card Shaz.. Hugs Loz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...