Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Penny Black + Spellbinder Botanicals + WOYWW

Well, everyone, tis Wednesday ( again!) it’s WOYWW or What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday, and it’s desky share time over at Julia’s Stamping Ground. My desk shows a special card in the making!
Looks neater than is, as you can’t see to left, tad staged. Desk was “Put it Here” spot from a card making session with a newbie last week.
Had a sort, put away, wipe down well glass mat. 
Must admit this keeps cleaner than any other surface I’ve used!
To the back right are 3 new products. Same crafty friend needed some help to spend the $75 for free post from north coast online shop (Scrapdragon). So I helped her out ๐Ÿ˜† Paper Rose Mistletoe Christmas die, Couture Creations sml dragonfly die, + Couture Creations glue pen (really like it - super cheap, all on sale, of course!).
Far right of new Dies is ODB Lacey square dies (gifted by dear Marilyn).
I extended it to rectangle (repeat pattern so pretty easy to do this one, though do pray as go!). Used for stamped coloured image on vellum on
 left of desk.
Trying to work out what colour to underlay the vellum.
To cards. Had intended to finish one above plus more as want a few spares, easy-make, to use. 
However "my times are in Thy hands".. so did not. 
 Another day - hopefully tomorrow. Here are two unpublished cards. No idea who for - made in early mid 2018, very memorable year.
First is a birthday card using Spellbinder Botanical Swirls corner die, idea off Pinterest. Centre die from same set, daises unsure brand of dies, leaves MS punch. 
Next is Penny Black Trailing Vine stamp. Watercoloured simply, + Inked Elizabeth Craft designs "happy birthday". Side border scallops are from Xcut rectangle scallop die.
Now to Aussie ones, a few different things but yes, seaviews! But a video on my phone! Link below if not work here!
Video link here.
Did you know it was a full moon on the 5th June? 
This one wins the beauty awards, I think anyway.
So here's the full moon in Oz... we get it first, beat everyone, but not NZ they beat us! isnt it amazing?
The next image below comes from NZ, too!
Know what it is? We call them Kiwi fruit here (were in 1990s called here Chinese Gooseberry). Mostly they’re green, and we actually grow those west of our town, they grow on vines kind of like grapes do.
It's not the green ones I love, it is the gold fruit. For some reason they only come from NZ, no Aussie grown gold ones, so allowed to buy them as try to get Aussie only .. they’re soooo amazingly sweet, just cut in half and spoon them out, like passionfruit. Only eat half at time, very good Vit. C though. Much better than green ones.
*****
I need to apologise  too, for not commenting as much as I’ve wanted. Really tried again last week but failed .. only third of ones wanted. Firstly sticky beak too much, talk too much in comment + only have half an hour each evening.
Life happens as they say.. as  I’ve commitments, needed time for a dear friend. Sad but necessary. 
BTW I’m writing this in old blogger ... left new blogger on gmail sign in, but can’t use IPad so use hotmail sign in not gmail. Found can't add videos on new blogger - unresponsive page,  and that's on Android Chrome! 
๐Ÿ˜
Well, praying earnestly things are looking up for you wherever you live with COVID-19, that your area is starting to open up wisely wherever you maybe. 
May the Lord bless and keep you and all whom you love, wherever you may be,
Prayer hugs, ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿค—
Shaz in Oz.x 
Thought for the Day:
"My times are in Thy hands"
A verse I often pray.. and certainly been echoing a lot in these uncertain times, internationally + personally!
I desire nothing better than to serve first of all my Lord, Who bought me with His own blood. Secondly to love and serve, be a blessing to others, whilst I live! 
We are all terminal.
Indeed "my times are in Thy hands". 
Praise God, such wise loving kind hands they are! 
Linking over to:
**Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards.     http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 

21 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Lovely cards - and oh! What a shiny desk!!! Do you know what caused the gulls to go mad like that? Was there a load of fish in the river, do you think? We get lots of kiwi fruit here - I don't eat them of course 'cos of all those seeds...
The train ride you went on those years ago wouldn't have been the Welsh Highland unless you got on the train right down in Caernarfon - and that's much further along the coast than Bodnant.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, I love that blue and white card! It reminds me of Toile de Jouy and Delft and William de Morgan all rolled up into one beautiful package. I hope you've been keeping ok in the madness, we're still in lockdown here and G and I have no particular desire to go out gallivanting!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely cards Shaz. Like Jan I love the blue and white one because if reminds me of blue and white china, which I love and have collected over the years. The red flowers are also quite stunning and that is a beautiful Penny Black stamp. The golden kiwi looks delicious.
Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Hugs, Diana x #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely cards Shaz, especially the blue and white one, so delicate. It was very kind of you to help your friend get the free delivery by adding items to her order lol. I love kiwi fruit, funnily enough thy were discussing it on the radio this morning. Apparently it should be eaten with a plastic spoon as metal causes a reaction which alters the taste, but you can also eat the skin too. I never knew that. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, the blue & white card seems to be everyones favourite, it's gorgeous. Lovely scenic photos, amazing video. I do like kiwi fruit now and again, I'm really not a big fruit eater. I was eating them for a few years before I found out you were supposed to peel them! lol. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #13 X

lisa said...

Hi Shaz
Gorgeous cards as always. I love the blue and white one especially.
Beautiful Aussie shots as always. We were told that moon was called a Strawberry Moon here in the UK as it was so red here. It was certainly beautiful.
Love Kiwi fruits.
Have a good week. We are not going far still here, even though things are opening up very slowly. I'm more than happy at home.
Hugs Lisax #24

Helen said...

I've never seen golden kiwi fruit over here. those gulls are mad indeed! Love the full moon too. Helen #1

Regina said...

Your cards are very lovely Shaz. I had golden kiwi fruit once but I prefer the green ones.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I so love Kiwi fruit but never had the golden ones. Nice cards too. I knew about the full moon because my hubby doesn't sleep well when it's a full moon. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy and creative woyww, Angela x19x

Betsy said...

Hello my dear sister. You have again made another beautiful card. I love the blue and white.
The moon photo is gorgeous. I did see the full moon here at the lake and enjoyed watching the clouds scuttle across it. Eerie and beautiful too.
I don't think I've ever had kiwi but I have seen it before.
I think the protests and rioting have calmed here a bit but honestly I don't know for sure. I haven't watched the news in days because it just gets to be too much sometimes. I pray about it and otherwise can do nothing so why watch constantly? Our virus cases have risen sharply in the past week and they don't know if it's from the protests and riots with no social distancing or masks, or some other reason. Meanwhile, I'm still staying away from most people. We're still watching church online and surprisingly are enjoying it a lot.
I'm finding it hard to concentrate on my knitting/crocheting right now. A very short attention span. I think it may be related to my brothers death and a delayed reaction to it. Who know? Well, God does and he'll watch over me and heal my heart in His time.
Take care my dear friend,
Blessings,
Betsy

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz.. Love the blue one and the vellum card is so beautiful..Loz

Conniecrafter said...

Love the corner die card, such beautiful style and center die too~
Your second card is so pretty too, pretty coloring!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Shaz - loving your desk, and cards - that blue and white is a stunner, and the other is really pretty too.
There must have been fish in the river mouth for the gulls to be feeding like that. Yes, I did see the full moon, coming home from visiting family one evening
I don't particularly like the gold kiwifruit - did you know they have now developed, and are starting to market, red kiwifruit?
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue Jones said...

Sorry I am late xx Beautiful cards . I have only seen the green Kiwi Fruit, i do like them , enjoy your sweeter variety and how lovely that they grow locally. Gorgeous Photos ( and video) . Take care and have a good week . Soojay #20

Crafting With Jack said...

I like your last picture, so I looked up Psalm 31 and the last verse is similar to verse 14 I. psalm 27 :

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. kJ
14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. NIV

The KJ version says God is the one who will strengthen us, whereas the NIV seems to say we are to be courageous. I prefer to think of God being the one to give us courage. I have been doing some lettering on my ICAD cards, I think I will do some from Psalm 31 today. These are the ones I have done so far https://craftingwithjack.blogspot.com/2020/06/icad-index-card-day-and-summer-buzz-hop.html

I love sweet Kiwis, unfortunately a lot we buy don’t seem to ripen very well.

Blessings my dear x Angela #28

Brenda said...

You are a blessing Sharon, I love seeing what is on your desk! Your cards are beautiful, I can't believe your even remembered anything about them since they were from 2018. I wouldn't have had any memory, I'm lucky if I can remember what Bret said to me 10 minutes ago! lol Yes, we had our full moon too but for us it was called a "strawberry moon". Forget why. lol It was beautiful though! I love full moons although most people don't. Yes, I think it is amazing at timing across the world. I love Kiwi fruit, but have never had the gold fruit ones, didn't even know there was golden ones! I just cut the top off and then use a spoon to spoon out the flesh ad each. Then I'm left with an empty shell. Haven't had any in a long time now though..especially since Covid hit. That is my problem with commenting...I'm to chatty like now! lol No worries dear friend, we doe what we can do and that has to be good enough. I keep hearing about new blogger and I'm afraid I have no clue what is going on. Just hope I can still blog here and there! Hugs, Brenda

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hello Shaz. Both of your cards so lovely, the blue one calls my name for some reason. I do like square cards. Gorgeous beach shots and yummy kiwi, that's what we call it too in Texas. Never seen any gold ones tho. Stay well and safe, XOXOX

Dorlene Durham said...

Love all the photos! Have a great week. Dorlene #35

Twiglet said...

A late visitor this week! Your blue and white card is really lovely - Jan summed it up perfectly! I love Kiwi fruit too. I have been finishing a seaside twiddle mitt this week. Stay safe. xx Jo

Gail said...

The cards are marvelous!
Love the scenic pictures, the moon is great!
Seagulls are funny creatures!
Stay safe!

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! Sorry I'm so late! Your cards are beautiful, and your desk nice and clean! I just cleaned mine up yesterday, and the glass is easy to clean, wherever there was glue it came right off with a razor blade. That must have been fun helping to choose all those things! I also have trouble choosing when I have the money - much easier when I don't have any money! Lovely seagull video! We have crows. Very loud crows. Very early in the morning. I think they are yelling at the foxes...have a great week (what's left of it), Lindart #29

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...