Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Testing New Blogger, Brushos on Photopaper, Snippets, NBUS + WOYWW

{Apologies for long post, just skip review if you like, just thought might help.. or confuse!??}

Hi there - here for WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at our lovely Queen of Desks, Julia, + trialling new blogger, share at end.
Desk sees me about to assemble a card for my nephew, a July birthday but long way to Norway + mail is bad. Darkroom Door image, Photo collage called Explore, used with brushos on photo paper. Full technique see here! The background big sheet in same brusho shades is extremely Snippety (yay! off to playground!)
Who would guess what card was originally? 
Regulars would know it likely isn’t watercolour paper, & you're right! 
It’s the nice bright white inside piece of Mortein Cockroach Bait box! I grinned 😁😆 when pulled it out of my clear folder with packets from Frozen meals, yoghurt packets, biscuit, cereal, etc. all shades from this bright white to deep Kraft shade. 
 New NBUS item is under the photo collage image, a Spellbinder 3D EF called Celtic Weave. Can use either way, did both. Smaller black piece is dry embossed, brusho piece is v. large, extended TH Dot Matrix EF to almost double length.
Re first card I made... I’ve no idea what this AMAZING embossing powder is, it’s chunky as you can see and it’s only labels on it, are Eucalypt + $6.95, sort of vertigris with colour interference, like perfect pearls! Paid half price, store an hour north sadly shutting down a few months ago. Close-up also of embossing on Spellbinder Celtic Weave EF Black cardstock.
Completed cards..
This one is hopefully half way to Brisbane, depending on vagaries of mail, praying! Stamped embossed "Happy Birthay" is CCS. Hard to say which like best, kept design simple, added twine - bought in Manchester in 2012, finally opened! Another NBUS. EP on this are both NBUS, plus EF + kraft cardstock on base on both card also new, so both cards off to NBUS Challenge - Here (Never Before Used Schtuff)!
Next card has lots of green, yet brusho colours were Cobalt blue, Yellow, Sandstone! Great fun, colour and texture.
*** Wet it lots + kept layering up colour till enough on background sheet.
*** This is important on recycling of cardstock ... more colour needed than good watercolour card. 
****So don’t give up toooooo sooooon! 
Too many do!
 Now some amazing Aussie shots. I’m blown away by God’s handiwork!
Firstly a rose called "My Choice", this bloom is an old style Hybrid Tea Rose bush, struck by my father in 1974! I’ve struck another too, a few years back. It has huge blooms, with the most amazing fragrance!
 One late afternoon  ... a lone, pure white crane in creek.
Then creek mouth at ocean entrance, seagulls having a paddle, seascape - such shades!
And to close, lone crane again! in such subtle shades of soft aqua to pink! I’m going to try replicating those colours!?
It is really how it was.
Not photoshop, so wonderful!
 May God bless and keep you and those you love safe in His care,
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Thought for today:
Perfect peace and at such a time. 
(I made this on Phonto, a free app).

I weep in my heart when I read of such loss, such conflict across this poor sin-sick world. 
In nations that should know better, and ones like Brazil that suffer due to selfishness of despots. 
It drives me to prayer, to pray for leaders like latter to be removed, for God-fearing ones to be raised up & guided aright. 
Perfect peace, and at such a time.
With God there is peace, even when there is conflict all around.
 I’ve had it in my life, and know it to be true.
Ezra who penned those words knew them to be true, too - in midst of suffering and conflict.
Know God - Know Peace.
And I believe, no God, no peace.
******
Testing New Blogger:
Well, put it simply. I don't like it. However that's hardly fair. 
# Hate change. 
# Only a week of use.
# Use mobile devices NOT  computer. Maybe totally okay on computer.

However it certainly is very clunky on Ipad. I usually write all post on Ipad Chrome. 
Then edit and add photos in Chrome on Android mobile.

Some drop downs tabs freeze on iPad, plus top tab with dropdowns disappears altogether, esp. if down the page a bit and want to vary a script etc. have to scroll back up and hope your hightlight selection for change isn't lost... which happens. 

Links, page align, etc, mostly ok, except the open in new page seems unresponsive when you select it half the time. Sighhh!
Its on far right dropdown under three: vertical dots on left hand side. 
Bold, italic, etc with size on left tabs, some freeze on Ipad. 

To load a new post there is on lower right on post list an orange + in circle (this is non existent on ipad).

Side dashboard list is another pop up on left hand side, actual left hand list is unchanged!

My phone is Google, & Android as made by them, so easier, little conflict, but smaller screen.

***Summary need to iron out all glitches esp with Apple.

*** have noticed few explanations in items not there before, a plus for newbies.

*** please PLEASE  leave feedback of your glitches on tab under question mark ? On right side of page

If we don't let them know, then they won't know!

My photos are on phone, resized in free app called "PhotoResize" to x 800 photos. Easy load on page and in free blogger range. 

Also I've two authors named on my blog, both are me: but hopefully never will be signed out by a glitch that way.
One a Hotmail Blogger sign in, other a Gmail blogger sign in. 

So I'm using new blogger interface on Gmail (Chrome), and legacy (or old) blogger interface on hotmail (Firefox).
So when get frustrated I just change from gmail to hotmail.. 
Authorship name is reversed, ie
Shaz in Oz CalligraphyCards OR
Calligraphy Cards Shaz in Oz
Cos I've two sign in I've also joined a lot of blogs twice. 😉  It is a security measure but really because had issues when first joined blogger and it solved it.
Anyway this may help someone.. hope so! 🤔❤

Linking up with the following challenges:
**Word Art Wednesday - anything goes. Both cards.     http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
** https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=20231 make your own background.. I made the backgrounds on both cards, one dry + wet embossing, one brushos + dry embossing card.
***  NBUS - BOTH cards. Link above. 
*** Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Masculine https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

27 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love that Celtic weave pattern for the background, it works really well - and I would have known it was your card as it's in your signature colours! I have gone onto the new Blogger dashboard this week and am ok with it, but then I do write my blog on a PC not the ipad - the most annoying things is not being able to upload a few pics onto the dashboard without them all going onto the post, which I didn't want. Other than that, I quite like the new comments moderation...I'm sure it'll become second nature before long.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

I am avoiding the new Blogger but reading your comments I think I had better try it out soon. Knowing me will pt it off until it is too late. Must get on the case. Thanks for the comments - useful to have your review.
Love your card. What a gorgeous green you obtained with Brushos. You are quite right to say that one needs to persevere and it will turn out fine. Not sure I would ever get that gorgeous green you got though. The embossing folder behind is fabulous and it has made a simply super duper card. Your nephew will be well pleased to receive that.
Love the card you made with the last photograph - just perfect for those beautiful and so appropriate words. Well worth printing lots to include with other things that you sed out.
Take care my friend, and stay well
Bless You
Neet 9 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous cards Shaz, love the colours. I don't want to try the new blogger, but I guess I will soon not have a choice. Beautiful photographs, that rose is gorgeous. God Bless, popping over to your other blog now x Angela # 30

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Lovely cards. At some point must read about using brushos on photographic paper... something else to maybe try out during this period of lockdown. I have so many things I would like to try... don't expect me to emerge for some considerable time!!!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love the cards made, and especially that embossing folder! Gorgeous design. Thanks for the info on the new Blogger, I haven't done the switch yet, but I will later in the week to see what i think. I do do my posts on my PC, so hopefully it won't be too bad, but I'll let everyone know what I found. Thanks for all the info on your try with it, I see Christine was having trouble positioning photos. Stay safe,Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

Helen said...

the cards are fab, the beach is to die for!! sorry, not tried new blogger yet, was a bit pre-occupied last week!! Helen #3

Betsy said...

As always your cards are stunning. I can almost smell that rose and the peace that fills me with the ocean shots are much needed in this week of craziness here in the US. Know God, Know peace is absolutely correct. I need Him every second of every day and every day more than the last one.
Blessings and love
Betsy

loz said...

Fantastic cards and colouring Shaz. Great idea to recycle...Hugs loz

Pia S said...

Fantastic colors on those palm tree cards. Also, this style is what I consider gender neutral and works for both younger and older recipients. Love them!

StampinCarol said...

Beautiful cards! Love that embossing design!
Your Aussie shots are gorgeous. Love the colors in the rose.
I'm using the new Blogger on my desktop computer. Not crazy for it but it works ok. Had fun finding things but getting there. Have not tried on my tablet but I don't normally use it for creating posts.
Have a great week!
Carol N #27

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant photographs and loving the card, great techniques. Thank you so much for the lovely card which arrived this afternoon, gorgeous you are so kind. Wishing you a happy woyww and a great crafty week, Angela x15x

sandra de said...

The celtic weave background with the embossed powder produces an amazing background for another great card. I do love your beautiful photos. At this stage I haven't noticed changes on blogger but, one morning I will come in and it would of updated through the night and I will be in trouble. Have a good week.
Sandra de @11

Sarah Brennan said...

I am still avoiding the new blogger until I really have to use it Shaz. I have gone back and forth a few times and use Firefox for both but I can't get to grips with composing a new post with the new one (I hate change too). It also took me ages to work out how to get the date to change to the day I am sharing rather than the day I wrote the post (I prepare many in advance if they are step by steps of projects). Love the cards. I must dig out that Spellbinders 3D folder as I have it somewhere! Thanks for the reminder - it looks fabulous as a background on a card. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful beautiful cards Shaz - amazing EF, and paired with that EP, it's stunning. Wonderful texture and colours - you are so clever
I am avoiding the 'new' blogger until forced to change, in the hopes that the glitches are ironed out before I get there :)
Thank you for sharing these stunning cards with us at Word Art Wednesday
Stay safe
Belssings
Maxine WAW DT

Twiglet said...

Your cards are stunning Shaz and that Celtic weave looks fab - great colour combo too. I had a look at new Blogger but then reverted back. I guess it's best just to bite the bullet and get on with it. I use a PC so it should be OK. xxx Jo

Caro said...

I havent tried the new blogger yet, but probably should. I absolutely adore your two cards - they are gorgeous. Happy Belated WOYWW. Stay safe and I hope you have a nice week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#7)

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the pattern and the texture on that celtic weave! I had no idea that was what it was called. Beautiful pics again. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #17

My name is Cindy said...

I love those cards and that gorgeous celtic weave - really stunning! Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #25

Regina said...

I keep having problems with BLOGGER repeating various bloggers posts. I'm not sure why I'm having trouble. I'm hoping Google will fix there glitches soon.

sandra de said...

Yes please to a get together when life returns to some form of normality. Thursday and Friday's will be my free days. Stay safe.
Sandra de

Anne said...

Hi. Great cards. The rose is stunning. I have not tried the new blogger yet, I don't like change, especially in the world of technology.
Re my card last week - I think you mentioned me using gesso in background. It was just a paper but it does give that effect - it's absolutely flat :-)
Take care. Anne 22

Gail said...

Your cards are wonderful!
Love the pictures!
Not too fond of blogger(new). YET
Also when I click on a blog, it asks if I want to go there!?

Shoshi said...

That's a great card, Shaz, and I love the Celtic weave embossing. I designed a Zentangle pattern that looks almost identical, called Y-Ful Power. It's an intriguing pattern - I first saw it on a vase on Pinterest and was determined to deconstruct the design and create a tangle pattern. I was commissioned to do a design using it in a Zentangle book, and the piece had to depict my cancer journey. It was quite a challenge but I was pleased in the end with the way it turned out.

Reading your review of the new Blogger, it makes me even more glad that I jumped ship over a year ago and went over to Wordpress. Blogger was giving me nothing but trouble and managed to delete every single photo from my 8-year-old blog. At that point I felt I'd had enough! I never liked the awful clunky blog editor and used a third-party offline editor, and when this became incompatible with Blogger, I couldn't be bothered to waste any more time on it. I hope everyone who still uses Blogger will manage to make the change OK.

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #14

Julia Dunnit said...

I wouldn’t look twice a t a Celtic weave or not pattern EF, but as usual, you’ve made me! The colours are glorious and have made great cards...gotta love a cockroach bait! I love them both but remain impressed at the way you extend the folders for bigger pieces quite routinely; it only happens here with huffing and puffing! Talking of which...the new Blogger. the red + circle is on my iPad screen, so am going to try a post and see if i can do it directly in Blogger, on my iPad. We’ll see and I mean that cynically!

Di said...

Beautiful work Shaz and such fun that you came to play with us this fortnight!

Stay safe.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

You are a treasure, Shaz! It's always a pleasure to visit and see what you've been up to in a week. You've made beautiful works of art! I love the colors, design, and all the amazing texture from the e/f! Thank you for sharing how you made them and for sharing the gorgeous photos of the sea, crane, and stunning rose! Keep staying safe and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

scrappymo! said...

Your cards are so arty and beautiful! The backgrounds are wonderful, Shaz.

The rose is beautiful too! So nice to wee the wildlife in your Australia shots today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...