Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 27 May 2020

New Blogger Coming, Altenew Enchanted Iris, NBUS, Rudolph Day + WOYWW

Well, a multi faceted post!  😁 yes! WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at our lovely Queen of Desks, Julia, Rudolph day again.. tell me how does that happen? And some NBUS!
(Blogger question at end of post).
Now to my desk!
Two cards and a whole lot of sorting needing doing! 
First on right is Christmas card for Rudolph day, on left card is for my friend Iris' 88th birthday, it's already winging it's way to Lincolnshire! 
Thanks so much for sending the stamped diecuts, dear kind Darnell! I do love that set. Perfect for dear Iris!
Desk 2: Here I’m painting the images, sheet underneath is back of used envelope. Found these paints work well as watercolour as well as thicker style of gouache-style painting on card two weeks ago. I did add some Tombows watercolour pens to image, too.

Finished card for Iris. 
Sheen on image is from embossing Darnell did with Platinum Wow EP, I think. 
TIP: After painting images with Gansai Tambi watercolour I reheat set Embossing Powder to make it pop.
Think it's up there with a favourite card!! Several NBUS here so popping over to join in there. The lattice is one, a SB die sent me by Marilyn, kind friend, thank you! The lattice aperture DP piece was cut from was a drooloworthy pad. I thought I’d stroked it long enough, so broke into it, and irises are NBUS to me! Also used Stitched rectangle die for frame, a layered peel off Happy Birthday, dry embossed parchment card with A4 EF in stitched daisy pattern from Crafts Too. Have a few more iris in Black stamping to make one or two cards more too.
Second card was ultra quick card for Rudolph day over at Scrappy Mo’s Christmas card challenge. It is a DL size card, a topper made from an old Christmas card, gold layer up, gold thread three times around with bow,  and some bling. Love the names of Lord Jesus, Immanuel which means God with us, and really wonderful background.
Now to Aussie pickies, first is fading sunlight on a walk the other day, this is the creek a bit further along from usual ones. Then surfs up on local beaches.
First one is by Greg in Oz.
Then the next two are by Robbie in Oz, on an SLR. That’s all for me today, sending love and prayers for everyone everywhere who is hurting. 

Comfort, help and a refuge at such a time is found freely in the LORD to all who seek Him.
Thanks for popping over for a peek and a chat, may God bless you wherever maybe, 
prayer hugs, 🙏🏻🤗 
Shaz in Oz.x
Blogger update:
And the question bloggers might  be wondering- what is this new blogger coming? Well, you've possibly noticed the  pesky little orange tab on lower left of your blogger dashboard saying:
'Try the New Blogger!'
*****
This  is an Article on it by Blogger here! 
I suggest you read it. Last update to Blogger was in 2012, I do recall it, but only know date by search. So if blogger is going to keep going, they do need to update it.
At least Google isn't pensioning it off!
From a cursory research I did on it there were some issues by some folks, noted in mid May. It's with things I don't use, but one issue was with image insertion last month.
I usually wait before adding updates till they iron out glitches. I dont rush in. 
****The update will just happen on your blog, at different times in different locations in June. 
You may change back to old blogger, till end of July. 
I don't think I would.
It will become outdated and not be assisted if you get issues. You may lose some information further down the track if dont accept update.  
I'd also recommend if you can, backing up current blog on Theme tab of Dashboard page, in that page there is a BACK UP/ RESTORE tab. Perhaps do that before June, just in case of issues, but would need to go on computer, as backup file probably too big for mobile device. Pray all goes well with it for us all.
Another blogger tip
If writing your posts and having issues, try it on Chrome Web browser. 
Google owns Chrome and Blogger, their software are compatible. Apple definitely is not.
I'm also writing this blog post on Android Samsung phone. Android is also owned by Google. Rarely have issues as all software are compatible on apps.  
Linking over to:

40 comments:

Regina said...

I noticed little changes recently on my blog recently. It seems like Google is always changing Blogger. I just hope I can still moderate to keep spam and rude comments out. Thank you for the heads up.

Betsy said...

Hello my dear friend. Thank you for the comment you left for me on my last post. I appreciate each and every prayer for my family. It's hard to lose a brother who has always been there for you.
Thanks for the information on Blogger too. I've always had issues with Blogger so I hope this doesn't do permanent damage.
Blessings,
Betsy

KathyA. said...

Stopped in after seeing your Iris card on NBUS Challenge... and am glad that I did. Not only is your card GORGEOUS... I also appreciated the update on Blogger. I did have some issues last month so will follow your suggestions. Thanks so much. Kathy A from myasperations.blogspot.com

scrappymo! said...

You upcycled a card front this month, as did I. It is a good feeling to upcycle something, isn't it?
Your card is lovely and the mirri mat and then gilded thread looks great here.

As always, your photos are amazing.

Thanks for the blogger info. I did not know about the backing up of my blog. Will have to do that.

Take care, Shaz.
Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

loz said...

two fabulous cards Shaz. Love the beautiful one for Iris.. Thanks for the info on blogger update. I have had no trouble but will wait and see what happens when they update. fingers crossed...Loz

Craftychris said...

Love your Iris card, its beautiful! Lovely Christmas card too. Thank you for the info on Blogger, technology can be scary! Take care. xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

I am so impressed with the fabulous work you do on your tiny desk space Shaz. These cards are wonderful. My Christmas cards last year were commercial cards re-cycled ... and I have enough left to do the dame again this year.
Loving that iris card - that is amazing, and worthy of a favourite rating.
Thanks for the heads up about blogger - I too had seen that and tried to ignore it :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Shaz,this is just beautiful as is your creative soul! I love that you have a creative work space AND you make it work! I often grumble that I had a craft room and now I'm at a tiny desk - and need to humble myself! LOVE the picture of the ocean - just a fabulous post! Hugs~

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful cards Shaz especially the one for Iris. I like the look of the new blogger but do not enjoy trying to create a post using it so have reverted for the time being. I hope they iron out the glitches before it becomes compulsory. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Neet said...

Your Iris card is absolutely beautiful Shaz, ,what a gorgeous card and so many new things involved in the making of it. Your friend will be delighted.
Thanks also for the Lord's card, simplicity at its best and the colour is so striking.
Then we come to the photos which are always appreciated - lovely little creek.
Not sure I know what you mean about Blogger - will have to investigate so thanks for the heads up.
Love and Blessings as always
Neet 9 xx

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW Loving both your cards and those iris are stunning What lovely place you have to walk,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B # 9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I hadn't even noticed the new blogger reminder until this morning! Oops, better check that out but maybe not today, lol. Lovely card for your friend Iris, your painting is beautiful and works with the whole design. Just gorgeous!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful cards Shaz especially the Iris, it's a popular flower of many right now in blogland. I too have so much to tidy up today, not a day i'm going to enjoy as the sun is shining so brightly today and you know here in the UK we need to make the most of our sunny days.
I now changes are coming with blogger and I must take note over the weekend and try and work on mine as i'd really not want to lose any of my work. I know we have to change with the times but people like me really don't like to fix things that are not really broken :(
Take care & stay very safe sending WoywW blessings your way Tracey #16 x

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. Gorgeous cards. Trust iris has a wonderful birthday - I visited her some months back - haven't rung or anything since lockdown began - but I know her daughter is near by. I met her too the last time I visited. Great Aussie shots today. It's really sunny and warm here today, too. The temperatures are going up and down like yoyos! My heating automatically cut in one day last week, and now I can't open enough windows!!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #5

sandra de said...

Shall your Iris card is stunning all the elements just come together beautifully. Ocean shots and sunset are as always a beautiful reminder of how lucky we are to live in OZ. Thanks for the tips on blogger update and will definitely do a backup. Take care and stay safe.
sandra de @15

Sue Jones said...

ha Ha - I had not noticed the tab , thanks so much for the info - i will back up as I have has two blogs, the first since 2006 and dont want to lose anything. Your cards are gorgeous. Take care and have a great week . Soojay #27

Jenny L said...

Hi Shaz,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What brilliant use of a re-cycled item.
So nice to see a DL card for a change Imust make more of those.
Great colours also they so match the DT cards as well.
Hope you are keeping safe in these worrying times.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Twiglet said...

Thanks for the blogger info - I had problems uploading pictures yesterday. I looked at the new version but reverted to drag and drop for my pics in the old version in the end. Your iris card is really beautiful Shaz - I could never do anything like that - brilliant. However, I did chuckle as I started to look at your blog and noticed the monkey again. I sat out in my garden and painted a watercolour A5 picture of Ben's favourite monkey that lives here (Maxine's Curious George - as old as she is!)". I posted it to him so hope he likes it. We exchange stories and pictures while we are in lockdown. Hope I can see him soon. Keep well and stay safe. xx Jo

Annie said...

I've finished the latest Memory bear so have a little time to pop round my favourite blogs :-)
I really love the card with the irises on too....we have some in full bloom in our garden now and I love them.
Thanks for the tips on the new blogger...I've not noticed it as yet.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, how funny, just talking about Iris flowers on Margarets blog!Such beautiful flowers. Gorgeous selection of cards. I too saw the tab about Blogger update, like you I'll wait and see how it goes! Beautiful scenic shots as always, so peaceful looking. Stay safe,Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #17 X

Diana Taylor said...

Your cards are stunning, I love the Iris one, such wonderful flowers and very realistic looking too.
Thanks so much for the info on Blogger, it can be a real pain when things go wrong so your info is much appreciated.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #21

Lisa-Jane said...

Hi there, I've popped over from WOYWW (#23) I remember you from when I used to join in before - I had a pink and white spotty tablecloth back then. I love the background on the Jesus card! The Oz photos are reminding me of good times, especially when even travelling to the next borderless country isn't allowed! x

Mehrll said...

Thank you for all the information so that dumb little me can keep up with what is going on. I have been having issues lately with my computer and printer and have been very frustrated. So glad that my grandson is very intelligent and can help me resolve these issues. Love the coloring of the iris and the entire card! I appreciate the photos you post. They are very relaxing. Stay well. Love you. Hugs, Marilyn

Kelly said...

Shaz! Those cards are lovely. I love how you brought dimension to the Iris cards. I failed on my Rudolp club day. the 25th just got lost in the holiday .. and binge-watching my new downton abbey series I purchased last week LOL. Almost finished with the folios then I can put something new on the desk. No desk for me this week. Dealing with a personal security issue. Just catching up from last week. Creative Blessings & Hugs! ~Kelly

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, loving the Iris card it's beautiful. Very jealous looking at all those gorgeous photos. I've seen the tab for the New Blogger and I did try it but don't like it. They said it was going to become the default and I guess I will have to use it. I do use Chrome and have had fewer problems since I started using it so I agree with you on that. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x19x

Caro said...

Gorgeous cards, especially the one for Iris. It really is a stunner and so appropriate. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. Happy WOYWW. Stay safe my friend, and I hope you have a good week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#4)

Julia Dunnit said...

My word, those are some big waves for the surfers...not sure I would be brave enough, even if I were fit enough! My blogger dashboard has changed, lots of new icons instead of words. SO a bunch of new things to learn again..when did a picture become so over designed that you cant tell what it supposed to be?!! I miss words!! Of course the Iris card is spectacular, it speaks of all the work you’ve done. How lovely of Darnell to supply the raw images for you. Iris will be absolutely delighted with it, its a stunner. However...I cant commit to it being my favourite of the year because oh my, on your blog there’s so much loveliness to choose from. Also love that however much you brush them off s ‘quick’, your cards for the Christmas challenge are gorgeous and always eminently useable. My ‘quick’ cards are often at the bottom of the pile for a jolly good reason!!

Stacy Sheldon said...

hi Shaz, I did try the new blogger thing twice this morning and both times it would not give me a way to create a new post ( on a PC) so, I went back to the old version. Love those iris you watercolored the card turned out gorgeous. ~Stacy #32

Anne said...

Hi Shaz - lovely cards and super views. I did notice that re Blogger - not sure I can cope with more change.
I used to almost always use my phone to connect to WOYWW ( Android) don't know what if anything changed because I suddenly started having problems - few weeks ago now :-( just hope there won't be more :-(
Take care. Anne x 36

StampinCarol said...

I made my first post with the new Blogger. Didn't seem to have any posting issues other than trying to find where the publish button moved and where the HTLM when to for adding my Share A Sale products. Not too wild about it, though. Guess it's because I'm very used to the old.
Anyway, the Iris card is just gorgeous!!! And great Rudolph day card! Love the names, too!
Again, love the scenery. And what fun watching the surfers!
That Scripture is one of my favorites.
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #30

Darnell said...

You're so sweet to give me a shoutout, Shaz. You did such a gorgeous job with the iris cut for the card you made for Iris! (A favorite of mine, too!) I also love your Christmas card for Rudy Days! And thank you for the awesome Oz photos and information about the "new Blogger." I've made a note to do my backup this week and I'll say some prayers that none of us have problems continuing our little hobby blogs! Keep well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Conniecrafter said...

Love the gorgeous Iris, I need to make my Christmas cards for this month before it is all over :(
Oh I hate change anymore, hope the new blogger will be easy to manage

Kathryn Frantz said...

Happy Wednesday, ( still Wednesday here, barely)

I also participate in a Christmas card group, two groups actually. They both have suggested weekly themes, but not mandatory. I am stumped on one theme, ‘spice.’ Dragging my feet and haven’t been able to put anything together yet.

Loving the watercolors too. I’m sure Iris loves her card. It is beautiful.

Stay safe and well.

Crafting With Jack said...

Your Iris painting is beautiful. I think I heard about Rudolph day last year after the event, I thought you had to make a Rudolph card! Love the colours in your Immanuel card. I was going to ask you what colours you used , but I see you recycled a card. I have Bible Gateway emails daily, with both an Old Testament reading and a new one. Some of them I have been struggling with so I highlight the verse and look it up on Google. It makes it so much easier to understand sometimes. God Bless x Happy WOYWW Angela #31

Shoshi said...

What gorgeous cards, Shaz, especially the Iris one - just beautiful! Fabulous Aussie pics this week, too. It's always so nice seeing where you live and visualising you there. As for Blogger, I don't think any revamp of it would tempt me back. After 8 years' worth of blog photos disappeared, and my offline blog post editor ceased to work, I washed my hands of it. Also, I think Google has got far too big and powerful and own too much now - the fact that they own Android too as a revelation to me! I now use Wordpress, and Firefox for my laptop browser and Safari for the iPad.

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #22

Anonymous said...

The colours and ombré effect are so pretty on this upcycled card! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely christmas card with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda DT

Lindart said...

Hi Shaz! Beautiful cards, especially the Iris watercoloured one, just gorgeous! I love the lattice work behind as well. Great surfing photos! Have a great week, stay safe! Lindart #33

Crafting With Jack said...

I have been reading 2 Kings 7-9 this morning and then the next reading is from John 1. So much death and destruction in the Old Testament. I find it hard going sometimes.

Pia S said...

The flowers are incredibly detailed and realistic. Perfectly colored! I always enjoy seeing the Aussie shots as well.

Helen said...

Your irises are so beautiful and are a perfect focal point for this lovely card! I love the detail in your white die cut background! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...