Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 26 August 2020

Christmas, Male cards with perfect pearls,Upcycle x 2, + WOYWW

Well, yes! we ARE into Rudolph Day AGAIN, at Scrappy Mo’s from 25th to 31st August!
 Here is my ultra quick upcycle! 
The verse underneath is small, is Digi which says,
”Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift”. 
Amen, thanks indeed! 
EF a gift without cover, 5 x 7 CB, maybe Scribble Frame? Die from Aust co., Scradragon, reduced size.
As it’s Wednesday, for first time in ages - joining over for WOYWW, or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at our lovely Queen of Desks, Julia - to my desk a week or so ago.
Those wondering where I’ve been, had heart attack on 26th June. Original post here (following update here).
Am back to my normal but still not blogging lots. 
My post on 27th June, I actually did on my phone, in hospital in Cardio Care Unit, day after heart attack.  Had made my card, couldn’t miss out on Rudolph day! 
Am using PanPastels here on my desk..
 on an icy pole packet, laying down base colours! 
Coloured cardstock to match brusho colours on stained Darkroom Door photo collage stamp. Used gloss card with the brushos, photo paper actually. 
Colours really pop! 
Added to PanPastels some Ranger Perfect pearls and some other pearls too. Folder is TH Grid Matrix. 
Rectangle Die is from Scrapdragon and Aust company.
Happy Birthday stamp is from Lawn Fawn set, banner die is CCD.
Made another card for 27th Aug, but can’t share yet.
Gave friend this card , she needed a big prayer hug, in hospital after bad fall.
Background stamp is Hero Arts, white embossed & brusho resist done ages ago, stamp die prayers set is Hero Arts, too. 
Now some Aust shots, here’s family‘s Eastern Rosella nesting box, just north of here.
They nest from Aug, on 1st Aug they took up residence.. namely, Esta and Ern (= Eastern, 2019 had different couple, Ross and Ella 😊, not around this year).
A birthday card sent to my BiL, in honour on the newly arrived couple.
 (NOT by me, another family member).
Clever, isn’t it? My dad would’ve loved it.
Another bird photo - this is our friendly Kooka (blue winged kookaburra) munching on the branch I’d draped over our fence. He did this til it fell below!

Now some seaside pickies, first is taken by friend, from our big island overlooking the harbour. Then two night time harbour ones.

A daytime one looking south, with a seagull photobombing it!
Back garden.. in its spring clothes, weeded, fed, mulched - the almost 3 dozen rose bushes are bursting in growth.

The lemons picked, a few left, lavender just has few flowers - hours of work, not all by me! Would that the front yard looked better too. In time!
****
May the Lord God be with each of you in your day, and keep you and those you love in His care.
Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and a chat.
Prayer hugs, 
Shaz in Oz.x 
Thought for the day:
This verse means a lot to me, so made a Digi for my iPad screen saver with it. You’re welcome to use (image is sunset at our creek).
Our Heavenly Father is our Anchor in the day of trouble! 
Who said, “Peace! Be still!”, in the midst of a storm? ‘Twas the Lord Jesus walking on the stormy seas.
If it’s buffeting you today, cling to the word of God, let Him be your Stronghold in the day of trouble and your Anchor In the storm. 
Really found it so, in the last 2 months!
 I needed my God in Emergency, in the Cardio Care Unit, with constant “beep-beep”, or having an Angiogram, or at home night after night with pain from cellulitis.
Then I knew Him in ways I never do in quiet waters. 
I am so blessed.
Prayer hugs. 🙏🤗
Sharing these cards below:
**Christmas card with Rudolph day, link above, and also with Hazelnuts Christmas challenge, here.
**All cards shared with Word Art Wednesday.. link here.
**Snippets used on all cards but linking the Male birthday card with lemonade icy pole packet.
** Also sharing Dandelion brushos prayer card with Simon Says Monday Challenge Beautiful Botanicals 

34 comments:

Betsy said...

My dear Sweet Shaz. How did I miss the post about your heart attack? I'm so sorry about that Shaz. I pray for you daily but I surely would have been praying specifically for your heart issues. How are you doing now my dear sister? I will go back and find those posts and see if you went into more details.
May God continue to bless you with His peace and I pray that His healing hand will be on you.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Helen said...

oh Shaz!! I hope you are recovering well and taking it easy but it is brilliant to see you joining us again here at WOYWW . Sending you hugs. Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh Shaz I am so glad to see you back and sorry to hear the reason for your absence. I pray that you will fully recover and back to full strength. Beautiful cards and Aussie photos. Stay safe and happy WOYWW Sarah #4

MiamiKel said...

Shaz, I am so sorry to hear that you had a medical emergency but goodness, you take care! I love that you are still crafting away because this is GORGEOUS! Take care my friend and rest, rest, rest! Lots of love xxoo

Susan Renshaw said...

Amazed that you manged to blog from the Cardio Unit! I do hope you re much recovered now...
Love the Eastern Rosella stories - we have them hopping about our lawns too - have not been so inventive with names yet though!
Happy WOYWW! Stay safe and keep well. Susan #9

Julia Dunnit said...

Well Shaz, I thought I was a bit under the mosh recently and am ashamed that having realised your absence, didn’t think to see if you’d blogged. My word, what a way to get winter over with. Please try not to let that happen again, it must have been very scarey and I dont know it, but I feel your pain - you know why? Because you never mention it and in this post you have had to. Enjoy your time at home, potter about and know that there are really quite a lot of people willing you well and hoping a warm spring will do you and your garden heaps of good! Love to you. Xxx

loz said...

glad to see you back shaz.. beautiful cards you have made .. the drawing of the rosella is beautiful. he is very talented.. lots of Hugs..loz

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh Shaz, I am so sorry to hear this - I missed your post and just hadn't realised what had happened to you. I am so relieved to hear that you're up and about again and doing ok. Sending you lots and lots of love and healing hugs for your continued recuperation. It's good to see that you're crafting just as prolifically, your cards are wonderful, I love the brightly colours bird. Have you noticed the Tour de France starts this weekend, I suppose your brother won't be there because of COVID restrictions.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Hello Shaz, sorry to hear about you health problems but glad you are recovering - that must have been pretty scary. I love the cards but the texture from the box and the colours on the second one are really lush! Beautiful photos and I love your little visitors - much more colourful than anything I get in my garden! Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, Cindy #14

Annie said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about your health problems Shaz and I really hope you rest and heal well. I always love to see the birds in your part of the world...they are so colourful and always bring a smile.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Neet said...

Well my little friend I wish I had know about this. Not that I could have done anything but put you in my prayers. So the 'broken heart syndrome turned out to be something else and you had a heart attack. Your tiny body survived which is the main thing, God is good. I do hope you take this as a warning now though and do not do anything too strenuous until the doctors tell you you can resume a near to normal life.
Lovely cards but I cannot imagine how you used PP's on a shiny surface like that. Hope you tell us more soon.
In the meantime take care my friend, may God be with you
Neet xx 7

Diana Taylor said...

Oh Goodness Shaz, I'm so sorry to hear of your health issues, but I'm so glad you are recovering well by the sound of it. I am also glad to see it hasn't affected your creativity - such beautiful cards - I love the little Christmas tree one, that is such a great idea using the twigs, and the white flowers against the blue background is stunning.
I've also been loving the Aus photos and the little birds are gloriously bright and beautiful.
Hope you have a good week and keep up with the good recovering,
Sending a virtual hug to you,
Diana xx #15

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, oh my, that must have been so scary, so good to hear you are recovering well and are back home. Been missing quite a few weeks with one health issue after another, so I hadn't seen you weren't posting. Lovely cards, and so many beautiful scenic shots. Your garden is looking lovely. I know you will, but please take good care of yourself, and stay safe in this pandemic. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #3 XxXxxx

Marit said...

Oh Shaz, a heart attack? YOu must have been scared... take all the time to rest and recover dear! I send you a big hug from Holland and healing vibes, stay safe! Marit #18

Brenda said...

I can't even keep up with how fast these months are flying by! I am hoping to get a card made for Rudy Day, haven't played in so long! Your upcycle card is fabulous Sharon, I love how simple, but so elegant it is. Your birthday card is amazing too, you have a way with all these amazing techniques! Loving the beautiful last card too, that background is amazing and I love the soft green/yellow in the center. I so love seeing the birds/animals in your neck of the world, they are so beautiful!!! The Aussie shots are amazing, would love to visit there, but for now....only through your blog and in my dreams. The garden looks so nice, clean and beautiful. I can't imagine picking lemons-they do in Florida I imagine, but we have nothing like that here, just apples!!! Lots of apples! Not in my yard though. lol Beautiful ending with the scripture, food for thought and for the soul. Thank you dear friend for always keeping the Lord's words and sharing with us! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Sorry, hit the post button too soon! I pray that you are doing better now. I know you definitely needed the Lord in your time of the Cardio Care Unit. Must have been very scary for sure and then to deal with the pain on top of it from the cellulitis. I hope and pray you are doing better now my sweet friend! My prayers are with you!!! I am struggling with leg pain and back pain. We always struggle, but it lets me know that I'm still alive and so enjoying life anyway! Sending love and prayers....Brenda

brenda said...

Oh my goodness Shaz, I also missed those posts, looks like it was about the time I was out of action for a couple of weeks, but nothing by comparison to your problem. I pray you are improving day by day, do take life easy and listen to your body.

Another real bumper post, photos, lovely colours and backgrounds and a beautiful Christmas card. It's always a delight to have you join in the challenges, thank you so much.

B x

Darnell said...

You are such a trooper, Shaz! Your cards are all amazing and I also love the card of the Eastern Rosella someone in your family made! You know I love birds so I really enjoyed seeing the nesting box and the Kooka, as well as the beautiful scenery! And your back garden looks fantastic in its spring clothes! But mostly, it was just lovely to see you posting and recovering. Please continue to take it easy, get lots of rest, and keep safe! Love and hugs, Darnell

Caro said...

Oh Shaz, I was wondering why you hadn't posted recently and had been praying for you. So glad that you are recovering from what sounds like a very scary time, and that you were able to rest in God's arms during the process. Love to see your cards again and the beautiful Aus shots. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love and God Bless, Caro xx (#11)

mamapez5 said...

Well done getting two upcycled cards from one. And a great text to finish it off. (Last time you visited me you asked why i had called my new little kitten Bartholomew. Well earlier this year my eldest son took up the post of vicar at St Bartholomew's in Sydenham, Outer London. He has been a bit sad because it has been in lock-down most of the time so he was unable yo do his first Easter service, first ascension day, first anything really, so I thought the little kitty might make him smile. He is partly open now at the church and has led some services with a small, socially distanced, congregation) . Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I was only thinking about you yesterday. It's great to see you back with us again and your lovely art work. Loving your cards and the beautiful photographs. Take care my friend, wishing you a very happy week and a creative woyww, Angela x13x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. So glad that you are recovering and your heart has settled. Your strong faith must be a blessed support for you. Pan pastels - I remember them! Lovely texture. Ali x. #30

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy WOYWW, I am sorry to hear about your heart attack and will be praying for a full recovery. May the Lord strengthen you x Angela #29

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a stunning collection of cards, love the reuse of the ice block box. I love some of the cards we receive with the tiny image repeated on the back, you put it to a fabulous use. The nest box is quite up close, so special to see Esta and Ern and their little family, we have Red Wattle Birds nesting in our back yard again, little do they know that the Lily Pilli will be cut back once the babies have flown the nest... Glad to hear you are on the mend, you are lucky to have a Cardiac Care Unit nearby, we would be shuttled about an hour for the same. Stay Well and take time to rest, sending healing prayers and hugs... have a wonderful week.. Megan

Conniecrafter said...

Hope you continue to heal and get stronger every day. Gorgeous cards, love your inking and great embossing frame!

Catie Cuddles said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, so sorry to hear you've not been very well too. what a summer it has been for a great many of us. Good to hear you are on the mend. Your cards are lovely and, as usual, I enjoyed your Aussie pics. Hope you continue to recover. Take care and take it easy too. Hugs, Elizabeth x #21

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Allsorts xxxx

scrappymo! said...

So glad to see that you are feeling a little stronger. Your card is really pretty and the verse is of course, wonderful!

The photos of your area are great as always, but I really enjoyed the bird box as it was cool to see a bird that I will probably never see otherwise!

Hugs and let me know if you feel ready for a certain parcel yet...

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

Di said...

Gorgeous cards and wonderful photos as always dear Shaz. So glad you're going into your Summer and the garden is bringing you such joy. And those birds - wow!!

Hugs

Di xx

Shoshi said...

Oh Shaz, I am so sorry to hear how ill you have been! I didn't know... You are in my prayers. I hope you make a speedy recovery, and in the meantime, please do rest, and do what the doctors tell you!! I am amazed at how much crafting you have done despite being poorly - well done, producing such lovely work.

Take care my friend.

Happy belated WOYWW and God bless,
Shoshi x #8

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great way of using up your snippet and thanks for joining us at Augusts Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Shoshi said...

Hi Shaz, thank you for your return visit - I am so sorry that you are unable to eat what you'd really like to be able to eat! My hubby and I used to love Rumpole of the Bailey and "She who must be obeyed"! Such fun. We must keep a sense of humour throughout all our difficulties, mustn't we!

God bless,
Shoshi x #8

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz, oooh (( Big Hugs )) I am glad to read you are recovering, I just love that card with the white embossed framing. I hope you continue to follow along with what your doctors are recommending and keep on keeping on, even if blogging is something that falls to the way side. ~Stacy #24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...