Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Beccy's Place - Booklovers + Out of this world NBUS, Snippets House Moving Bugaboo + WOYWW

 Popping in with a quick post (after a lo-oong hiatus, health up and down, ie the usual, more in thought of the day...) to link up this card set with a few challenges. Hope, God willing, to post Good Friday + Easter Sunday with some more cards and short post.   

Okay it’s WOYWW day again ie desk day, I'm a bit late I think, in Aussie its hard to know! See "What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday", over HERE 😁 at Julia's .. so where’s my desk!?


Here I using a new digi from Beccy's place - used Promarker colours knew my friend would love rather than coloured image in set. Called Booklovers - here! On table is  the usual assortment,spray bottle, WOYWW sign, usual lighthouse cord pull (a mystery person gift at craft crop at Llundudno, 2018), glue, scissors, Memento Summer Sky Spot ink pad and brushes used to lightly dust the image edges for pale blue highlight,+ grounded it with lightest cool Grey 1.

 It's very versatile set either male or female, looks great with tartan for a male, used birthday voucher. If go to above link you'll see I used one of Beccy's cards as my inspiration. My special friend's birthday is Good Friday, so she has it to open then, I "Expressed' it as our mail is slowww.


Completed card - the DSP also Digi. By AMB (how I found it from a google image) called Wisps of Yellow Florals (but as much blue as yellow, load of papers in set for $2.99 AUD as was half price).

 Here's Mister Ten's card. 


His birthday is TODAY! this sadly is a discontinued set of Beccy's. 
Our birthday boy LOVES green, and yes, the grass is green and sky is blue! But today I took liberties and so used mixed brushos on the watercolour paper *Firstly though used Memory Box Stars Stencil (disc.) x 2 as its small A2. Didn't have glitter paste so just added TH Rock crystal glitter to paste before it dried. THEN I added the brushos. (Exciting plus, this card won at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge,  very blessed - thank you, Lols for letting me know too 😄💙)
Thought I'd taken a photo of colours used but didn't - sorry! 

Life doesn't wait for me to catch up! 

Have more cards to share but will add to end new two posts, Fri and Sun.

Last card is a house warming, also not received but they dont look either. Its a CAS of this one HERE

 Digi is house moving digi from Bugaboo. Not sure if disc.? I made digi for greeting

Now to Aussie shots: surfers on boards on first 😊

Two seascapes from recent walks. Now autumn, my favourite season and we get amazing skies to go with our stunning seas... more on next two post too, as had visitors and took pickies.

 Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat!
May God bless your day wherever you may be. 
  Will do my very best in commenting, and truly appreciate your visits!

Shaz in Oz.x 

Thought of the Day:

 We are approaching Easter - the verse that was echoing in my mind in the sleepless, early hours this morning was this - ".. My body .. broken for you.."

.. it was of course  Jesus speaking at the last supper (repeated in 1 Corinthians 11 by Paul). Jesus was with His twelve disciples, one of whom He knew would sell Him for forty pieces of silver! 

Sell Him to be crucified... and much more that - His body broken many times over (Isaiah 52:14 His face was ".. marred more than any man"), skin lacerated by Jewish 39 lashes, beaten by sticks of Roman soldiers, crowned with thorns, mocked & spat up upon, etc .... 

His own Father in Heaven left Him alone to die  - His Father unable to look upon the sin of the world Jesus bore on the cross.

This was hardest for Jesus to bear - separation from His Father because of my sin.

As I thought of all Jesus went through it encouraged me. 

I know He is always understanding...

When no one else gets is, Jesus does!  

How His joy in my heart strengthens me to cope in body's weakness at times.

FAITH in Jesus is not empty, but living, vital, eternal! 

A comfort - which words will never describe!

Praise God for the Easter story - it makes life is worth living! 

******

Linking up to:

 1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes, all three cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au   
2. Di's Snippety challenge 451 - Used snippets, die cuts, and embossing pieces almost most things on House moving card
3. Beccy's place - two entries card 1 and 2 - APRIL CHALLENGE 
4. Allsorts challenge Anything Goes / option spring garden first card
NBUS items 1. Booklover set. 2. card two was  NBUS technique, trying brushos after past stencil glitter then brushos! all on  water colour paper and worked a treat!
Simon Says MONDAY Challenge - add texture - added to card 2 and 3.

22 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely cards as always. Here's hoping you have better health my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge with this lovely book lovers card design.
Lorraine

Beccy said...

You've done a fantastic job with all three cards Shaz, they're awesome! Your colouring is wonderful and I love the background you created for the space themed one... I'm sure Mr Ten is going to love it too!
Thank you for sharing the photos from your walks, you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world.
Cheers,
Beccy

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous selection of cards and techniques as always Shaz. Great Aussie photos too. Happy Easter. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous set of cards Shaz! all of them are fabulous and I love photos of the beach scenes, would love to have a walk along there!! :-)

Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Please email us
simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
luv
Lols x x x

BJ said...

What a super post, sat and pondered a while in the busyness of WOYWW replies. Added a few of your references to my layout. sigh. Oops, nearly forgot, love the cards especially the book one. Hugs BJ#5

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely cards Shaz. I do like the spaceman and the books. Have a Blessed Easter Shaz and pray you have good health x Angela #13

Helen said...

It's lovely to see you again, Shaz. Sorry your health has been up and down. Hopefully up now! Great cards, of course, and Aussie shots too Take care. Helen #3

Sarn said...

Lovely trio of cards.
Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Happy Easter to you. Hope you feel better soon xxx

Di said...

How good to see you in the Playground Shaz. I was on the verge of emailing you to see if you were OK - seems like health is up and down for you. Here's hoping for some respite - and also time to craft. Lovely cards - your snippets entry is such fun! Perfect for a 'house move' - made me smile here.

Hugs

Di xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was so lovely to see your name on the list this morning Shaz, I hope you’re doing ok and keeping well. Your cards are up to your normal wonderful standard, love the greens blue background for Mr Ten’s card and the moving house drawing was a fun take on the usual cards, I may have to copy that at some point! Lovely shots of your area, I have to say that we’ve been fortunate with the weather here recently, blue skies and sun but a chilly wind, think it’s look warmer for Easter weekend, I have some gardening jobs to do!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, great to see you around always love to see what you've been up to, gorgeous cards. Hope you have a lovely Easter and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x7x

Christine | Dances With Hooves Paper Design said...

Great job - congrats on your win at SSS!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Glad to read you again Shaz! Hope you will feel better soon! Your cards are so beautiful and impressive, as always!! The recipients surely will LOVE them! :D
Amazing Aussie shots too!
Hugs and prayers

Conniecrafter said...

I thought that book set was pretty neat too, I love what you have done with them. So nice to color them up to what your friend would like.
Fun card for a 10 year old, cool background.
Love the new home cars, so cute, like the basket weave background with it.

Gail said...

Nice to see you! Love the book card!
Also the space card, and the new house card!
Your beach photos make me long for a beach!
Hopefully Spring is here, but Mother Nature is stingy with the warmer weather.
Congratulations on you SSS win! I play occasionally!
Hope you feel better!

Makira said...

Awwww! Your card is too cute! Love the inky background! I saw it at the SSS Monday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your reminds me of Epcot’s Mission Space Ride, Disneyworld, FL-USA. I invite you to join the fun! Have a creative & peaceful weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/. Cheers, Makira

Betsy said...

I'm so glad to see your post dear Shaz. We have been so busy with Mom I haven't been posting much either. She had had Covid for a week and when we tested her again, she is still positive. We wear masks and Dennis and I take turns caring for her.
Tomorrow night we have our Good Friday service at church and then a Sunrise service, breakfast and regular service on Sunday. Our daughters church also had a Maunday Thursday service tonight. Easter week. It is the most important week in a Christians life isn't it? Without our Dear Jesus being willing to lay down His life for us, there would be no hope. Oh, how I love Him.
I hope your Easter weekend is very blessed my dear sister.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Brenda said...

You have been on my mind Sis and I was going to email you to see if you were ok. I have been checking in on your blog, but there wasn't anything. So I was glad I decided to catch up on commenting (because I got behind once again) or else I might would have missed this post! Sorry your health has been up and down lately, but it does seem par for the course with chronic illnesses. Hate it, but it is always that way. Always love seeing what is on your desk and today is no different. Love the image your got from Beccy's Place. Just saw it myself and loved it. You colored it so beautifully Sis, and I love how your card came out-a perfect birthday card for someone who loves books! The space card for Master Ten is fabulous! I love that background you have created! The colors are amazing and I love the stars. Such a fun card for any boy, but Ten is the lucky boy! I can definitely see why this won over at Simon Says! I would have never thought they were brushos in the background. Again, I LOVE those colors! The house card is adorable! Perfect for the couple who is moving to a new home. Love, love, love the Aussie shots. Never tire looking at your views. Were your ears burning on Wednesday? I have two lovely ladies that come and do Bible study here at the house with me and I was telling them about you and how you feel nearer to the Lord at the sea and love to talk to Him there. Even though I know you talk to Him any where, but this is certainly a beautiful place to do just that! Anyway, I'm so happy to see this post from you and I can't wait to see your other posts and photos of your visitors! Love, hugs, and Easter blessings, Brenda

kiwimeskreations said...

How wonderful to see you here again Shaz - with some exquisite cards too. such a wonderful trio.
Your Aussie shots are always enjoyable too.
Easter blessings -such an important time of year
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Beautiful cards, as always, Shaz! Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition from SSS!! And lovely beach photos, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy Easter to you, too, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

loz said...

Beautiful cards and photos Shaz..Love the book image and sentiment..Loz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...