Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 9 April 2023

Happy News day = Resurrection Day! + NBUS Masking + Sweet 'n Sassy

 Well, YESS! today is a day of great rejoicing as my title shares. 

Today is Resurrection Day!

Can you imagine the depth of sorrow among the women and disciples upon the first day of that week so long ago? 
They thought all was lost - Jesus dead upon the cross of Cavalry, then buried in stone tomb.
 
BUT INSTEAD - their grief would roll away as surely as that giant stone did at the tomb's door!
Sorrow - turned to joy!
 That is what to do with our troubles today - tell them ALL to Jesus.
 
 He is the Burden Bearer, He will uphold us in our every care!
"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
He is not here, but is risen: remember how He spake unto you when He was yet in Galilee,
Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
And they remembered His words," Luke 24:1-8 (emphases mine)                               .

The STONE rolled away - what was unseen in the purpose of the cross is now seen! The same with our burden today - one glorious day the purpose of these trials will be revealed and as it says in 1 Cor 4:5 ".. every man shall have praise of God."  🙏💙🙏  What a day to look forward to, dear ones!
   
 I think this image of an empty tomb encapsulates Resurrection Day.  
The work of the cross  - the death, burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ, the Son of God our sin-bearer on the cruel tree.

May our Father God help us to walk every single day in the glory of resurrection day!
Satan is the defeated foe, for evermore the victory is in Jesus, as we rest and trust in Him alone! 
This hymn came to mind, I serve a Risen Saviour... may it bless your heart as it did mine.

To Him alone be all the glory, honour and praise, with much thanksgiving for Resurrection day!

Hymn sung below by Mennonite Youth choir. (link here if missing)

Now to share a couple of cards followed by Aust pickies of course.

The First card is my NBUS (Never Used Before Schtuff) - and of course, it is two lots of new schtuff! This CAS card was a really quick card. I suspect attempt two wouldn't be the same but I will find out as going to make a set or that is the plan!  

 
The gorgeous Dandelion stamp was borrowed, was teaching a friend how to use her new stamp platform, so used my new verse stamp (from Sweet n Sassy "Fear not" set) and her new dandelion stamp. It's a clear cling by Card Deco Essentials, on bottom it says Holland, maybe a brand from there? other name is www.findittrading.com CDECS098

Black embossed both stamps with Versafine Onyx Black and clear EP, gloss doesn't show in image, then masked a circle with die cut on scrap card and taped down + inked up with ink dusters. White splatters added too. Love this verse too!

  From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed

lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

Here is the last of the cards made thus far with Altenew Beautiful Bergenia 3D EF, inked top side of folder 3x with Oxide Seedless Perserves.

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. Ps 62:5

This image shows the shimmery spray used, used SB Majestic Circle die set, and Sweet 'n Sassy, Wait on LORD set. 

Love both of these verses. The disciples could have clung to them both in their grief on Resurrection Day.

Lastly some Aussie shots - floral and scenes. The cosmos have taken months to decide to flower - just as went to rip them out! The hibiscus is a stunning one at our church. Last two photos were out and about nearby.



Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat!
May God bless your day wherever you may be. 
  Will do my very best in commenting, and truly appreciate your visits!

Shaz in Oz.x 

Linking up to:
 1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes, all three cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
2.  https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2023/04/nbus-challenge-49.html  NBUS items are stamps from Fear not set and Dandelion stamp on first card. 
3. Allsorts challenge Anything Goes / option spring garden  First card

11 comments:

Betsy said...

I serve a risen Saviour indeed! He is Risen. Easter Blessings to you my dear sister!
Blessings and love,
Betsy

brenda said...

A very pretty design with the inked circle Shaz, thanks so much for sharing at our Allsorts Easter fortnight challenge.

Have a peaceful Easter Sunday.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Hallelujah - He is risen indeed!
Beautiful cards Shaz - I love the dandelion one, that is gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely hymn, cards and photos, dear Shaz! Enjoyed hearing the hymn and for sure Jesus Lives in all our hearts and today is a day of Joy!
Two amazing card, so sweet! Love the vibrant flowers and the Aussie shots.
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog :)
God Blessings in this special day!
Hugs, Happy Resurrection Day!

loz said...

Beautiful cards Shaz. I hope you are having a safe easter..Hugs Loz

Gail said...

Hope you had a great day!
Love the dandelion card!
I am going to have to try the embossing technique!
The flowers are beautiful, and really like the water lilies!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

My dearest Shaz, I hope you are having a peaceful Easter. I miss you so much when you're not around, your art work is so inspiring. We're doing okay here but busy trying to sort some care for my mother, she will be 95 in June. Loving the photographs and the gorgeous cards. Take care my friend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz. Your dandelion card is so pretty, thank you for linking it up to the Allsorts Challenge this week. Thank you too for sharing the gorgeous floral photos.
Happy Easter!
Liz xx

Conniecrafter said...

HE is RISEN INDEED!!!
Love the pretty dandelion, all the cards are so pretty as are the flowers!

Linby said...

A beautiful background for the dandelion stamp, it looks so peaceful.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Liz said...

Hi Shaz. Just stopping by your blog as I haven't seen any posts from you for a while. Hope you're okay. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...