Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 13 August 2023

Still Here! Joining Snippets Playground + very belated WOYWW

 Okay, when three bloggers in less than a week contact you to see if you’re okay, it’s a big prompt from the LORD to do a post. Update is below.

First of all sharing multiple cards I’ve made for August birthdays, had a run of them in first month of August.
This is my desk using some Gansai Tambi watercolours and making three female cards, they’re really all birthday cards but one is late so turned it into a bible verse card and as lady has dementia I made it a simple verse “the LORD is my Shepherd”... so belatedly linking over to Julia’s blog post on WOYWW.  Over at Julia’s
First collection are all wood mount stamps and every item is discontinued, stamps are from early 1990s so 30 years old. 
They were coloured according to how I thought the ladies would like them. But one I don’t know the favourite colours, so went with mine ๐Ÿ˜‚

The next card is a CAS washi thank you card, die is Disc. CB die with Olivia alphabet, with simple scoring and peel off borders.

Last is a pop up window card (technique See post here) for Mister Four, image is from a Google add for Paw Patrol.. I think. First photo is me trying to figure out the layout. Ollie's mum made an amazing Paw Patrol cake, so glad they rescued it!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ


Personal update:
A simple reason for silence is poor health. I’ve multiple congenital conditions (from birth) that have affected my health all my life, and been on life saving medications for 55 years. When I had my heart attack three years ago Drs did their usual of thinking ‘they know best’, and refused necessary medication on admission. 

Result is a mild heart attack was not. This has totally affected my health stability. Combined with my 36 y.o very wise local Dr retiring, I have spent the last 18mths trying to source a new one, becoming more ill as time passed due to a Dr who wouldn’t listen. In God’s great mercy, I’m now (last 2 months) under another brilliant medical team and things are starting to stabilise a little, at last. I know that there is a good, God-chosen reason for everything, including this, and THAT is such a comfort at all times.

A Dr who will listen is a rare thing these days. It’s not taught in Medical Schools my Naturopath said (who teaches Physiology to Nurses at our local Medical School on our University campus). New Drs are apparently taught to listen to their learning above the patient! ๐Ÿ˜ณ So grateful my health is improving a little, but I’m not what I was when went on miracle trip in 2018 to visit all my blogging pals. I probably won’t even travel locally far, my system is now too fragile, and won’t be able to blog much, as I’m so slow. 

Crafting still continues though ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ and my garden and other things, I just have more help, God is good, all the time.

Here are some Aussie photos, some of nearby creek, with full moon recently . 

 
Including my garden today in front yard, the natives are in bloom, mostly grevillea (orange = Birdsong, cream = Moonlight), but white flowering bush is Leptospernum or Teatree (we are in late winter Downunder).
Thank you so much for caring bloggers, especially (in order of contact this past 5 days) to Neet, Liz and Brenda L. It’s a beautiful thing in blogland when you’re actually missed by your non appearance!
Also a big shout out and thank you to Julia who actually sent me an ATC for our WOYWW anniversary in May, I was very unwell then and sadly I’ve not acknowledged its receipt either. Here it is with Iris’ hedgie from Lincolnshire.
Thank YOU, Julia and for my new WOYWW badge too, to add to my collection, (especially as I’m not sure you’re that well either)... ๐Ÿ˜

I receive a lot of your posts via “Followit” but rarely comment as time and ‘oomph’ is scarce for such things. 

Praying God’s blessing upon you all and those you love, this day and every day ahead till Jesus comes again, just as He promised us (Acts 1:11)!

Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 

Thought of the day:

For those who wonder why I always do a “Thought of the Day”, it’s because of such events as 26.6.20, when after mild heart attack I nearly died again because was refused required medication. That was time number 7, my complicated Endocrine condition is very rare, hence easily misunderstood. When you nearly die 7 times you totally realise the ‘brevity of life’. Each blog post might be my last, and I always want to honour the One Who makes my life worth living, our beautiful LORD Jesus.

After such an update the verse that leapt out in my mind was Romans 8:28. It’s oft quoted in times of hardship, because it is SO reassuring. 

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for GOOD to them that love God,

to them who are the called according to His purpose.

Note: it's GOOD according to God's purpose... NOT good according what we think it should be!

It’s ALL THINGS … this of course is for those who love Jesus, we can be assured that everything happens for GOOD - and I add for GOD!

Our Loving Father God sees what we cannot, our wondrous God sees the BIG PICTURE.

The WHY behind everything. So when life gets tough it’s such a comfort to cling to “the God of all comfort”.

For some reason we are always expecting life to run smoothly, but this is exactly the OPPOSITE of what our LORD Jesus promised us. 

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. 

In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Our Jesus promised PEACE in Him, but TRIBULATION or trouble in the world, BUT HE has overcome it all, and will give us the victory in it all in this world by faith in Him ... 

The key is to abide, or live in His peace - while in the midst of the world’s trouble. Jesus alone can HELP us do that.

There is trouble in the broken world, because of Genesis 3, man sinned and a curse was put upon all, for all have sinned (See Romans 3:23). BUT one glorious day, ALL CROOKED THINGS will be made STRAIGHT (see Isaiah 42:16)! 

INDEED What a glorious day that will be!

Linking up also with:
1. http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ Anything goes! All cards 
2. What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday - 5 days late! ๐Ÿ˜… better late than never. Over at Julia’s 
3. Snippets playground ๐Ÿ˜ƒ over here! Card most snippets is all gold, + card with stamped images of Lily, but choosing “the LORD is my Shepherd “ card, these are such old stamps too, so very good to have them out!
4. Allsorts Challenge - https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/08/week-7412.html All Creatures Great and Small - Paw Patrol Window pop up card

20 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Sharon - good to see you coming to play in the Snippets Playground with the first card in this blog post. Lots of lovely cards. So sorry to hear you've been so poorly. Wishing you well. I think I have just the tonic for you up in the Treehouse if you climb up there! xxx

Helen said...

I just stopped by WOYWW again just to see if I'd missed anyone.... so good to see you this week, but sorry your health has been so poor. Glad however that you are finally getting some better care and a medical team who are listening to you as well as their text books!
Hope to see you again before too long and happy crafting! Helen #4

Di said...

Hello Shaz - you certainly have been through the mill. Hopefully things are on the 'up' now that you have a new medical team. Gorgeous cards as always and your beautiful spirit shines through as ever.

Big hugs

Di xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was good to see you blogging again but not so good to hear about your health issues Shaz. Your treatment by the medics made me cross, the very act of listening properly to a patient surely is the most basic thing for a doctor to do. You can only do what you’re capable of and I think that crafting is a fantastic thing to continue to do, it helps when your hand are busy and people are always so grateful for a beautiful card which those watercolours certainly are.
Thank you for your visit to mine, I’d have missed you otherwise!
Hugs LLJ xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Sharon, I truly did not realise how much you ahave to contend with healthwise but you have a wonderful attitude - I hope your new team keeps listening so that you can keep as fit as possible! Good to see you managing some crafting, I know it's got me through a few rough spots, even if it's just tinkering with my stash! Sorry I am so late, the week went downhill from Weds lunchtime, as it often does, so here I am playing catch up. Enjoy the rest of the week! Love n hugs Cindyxx #13

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz! I'm so glad to see your post, I was worried about you too. Sorry for your poor health, hope that the new medical team makes a BIG difference in your life. You deserve it and your big faith will help you. Yes, God is good.
Your cards are fabulous (as always!), love so much the birthday ones, beautiful watercolouring and the gold plus the embossed bases make them so special and elegant. Also the CAS is very elegant.
The pop up window card looks so fun and just perfect for a four years old boy!
I'm amazed by your photos, the creek is so peaceful and love your garden's flowers!
God’s blessing upon you, take care and enjoy the little pleasure of life, crafting too!
Hugs

Betsy said...

Hi Shaz, It's so good to see you back here blogging and I'm so relieved that it seems you have a medical team that is listening to you. I've been awful about contacting people this summer. I have barely been blogging myself. it's been SO HOT and also very busy with taking care of Mom.
Your cards are alsolutely perfect. As someone who has recieved your cards, I can attest to the amount of work you do on your beautiful cards.
Take care my friend and I'll continue to pray for you.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Darnell said...

Wonderful to see you blogging, Shaz, but I know it takes a lot of energy to produce. I (and your many bloggie friends) appreciate it! I was away and then unwell, so I wasn't aware you hadn't blogged in a while. I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering, but oh, so, so happy to hear that you have found another listening physician! They are rare, worldwide, which is terrible because it's the most important thing! Each person is different and unique, with different chemistry, so how can we all fit a textbook diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment? It's just silly.

I would never know you were fragile looking at your pretty, colorful, snippity, and adorable creations, as well as your awesome photos of your garden and Oz, and your thoughtful words of faith! Lots of love and wrap-around hugs, Darnell

kiwimeskreations said...

Precious Shaz it is wonderful to 'see' you back in blogland - and I agree, the peace as we go through trials is from Christ alone, and that gives us the strength to endure until we are called 'home', which is in His perfect time!
Loving your cards - as ever they are exquisite, and well done on the Paw Patrol card, that is a great one for a 4 yr old.
Blessings
Maxine

Mary Anne said...

Oh my. Best of luck with your new team and I hope you see improvement soon. I must have missed you on the day, sorry. Did you change your permissions? I feel like in the past I would have had to log in to Goggle to comment but now I seem to be able to without that! Maybe I am mistaken :D Anyway, your cards are very pretty and it's great to hear you are feeling better so hopefully will see you on WOYWW many more times.
Have a lovely day!
Mary Anne (2)

Liz said...

Sorry to hear about your medical issues, Shaz. Hopefully things will improve now you have a new medical team. So pleased to see you back blogging and what a wonderful collection of cards you’ve produced. xx

Brenda said...

I am glad you had the strength to do an update and share the gorgeous cards you have made! I pray with this new medical team, you will continue to make strides in your health and can be a bit more active as time goes by. The medical field has changed a lot and not for the better with some. I know exactly what you talk about as it is the same around here. I am thankful to have the doctor that I know have for my Lupus. It's hard finding a good one and when the older good ones retire, well....it makes then rough in more ways than one. Love the Aussie pictures as always! I also love the Paw Patrol card, so cute!! Sending prayers as you recover and heal! Love to you sweet Sis, Brenda

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Conniecrafter said...

Sorry to hear you have had a time of it lately, but so thankful God led you to a team that will listen and get you back to a better you!
Your first watercolor cards are so pretty. The washi is so pretty and makes a lovely border for your card.
Kids do love special cards and this one is very cute :)
Take care and hope you continue to get better!

Sarah Brennan said...

So good to see you Shaz. Good that I spotted your post. Glad to hear that your health has improved a little now you have found a listening doctor and hoping for more improvement for you. Love the latest cards. The watercolours are lovely. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a wonderful post for your return and yes I had been wondering if you were doing ok. I know how it feels to be ignored by drs. etc. It was a physio who listened first in my case, and sent me to a city based dr. for the help I needed. Hope the new team has taken the time to read up on patients with your conditions, it was something we were required to do when a child with specific health problems started with us, so why not the medical profession! Hope you are enjoying our warm winter... Megan

loz said...

Fabulous cards and the boys birthday card is perfect.. Sorry to hear you have not been well. I know exactly what you mean about doctors... I now have to fill out a long online form to explain why I am coming to the DR the day before I go.. I get about 5 min with the Dr and it has been a couple of years since she has taken my BP, which is high sometimes...I am glad you have a new fabulous medical team and are getting better... Lots of Hugs..Loz

Mervi said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Cheryl said...

Oh, Shaz! I am so thankful you are okay. I was thinking of you this morning and could not remember the name of your blog. For some reason, I stopped getting email notifications from so many blogs, and it is so sad because that is the only way I can keep up with them or remember. So, I went in search of you and found this other blog, thank the Lord. I have missed you, sweet sister. I am so sorry your health problems have been so bad. I surely understand somewhat and am so thankful God has kept you alive and led you to a new doctor. I pray you continue to improve and regain your strength. Sending love to you today.

Cathy said...

Hi Shaz, hope you are going OK. Was looking at some earlier blog posts and missed you... take care, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...