Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 7 April 2023

What Cost is Today? + NBUS Challenge + Oxides Altenew Beautiful Bergenia 3D Folder

 As I thought on this Friday's purpose thoughts wandered to childhood. I don’t know about you, but growing up in the 60's that little question - COST was very important to us in everything. 

Treats were that - treats not like today, or perhaps I should say last year. This year that focus has returned.

My favourite thing as a child were the hot cross buns of Good Friday… yum! Lightly toasted, eaten warm with butter & cinnamon sugar melting into it. Yes, it’s on today’s menu ๐Ÿ˜‹

This simple acrostic came to mind, so relevant today …. COST

  C Christ  (Messiah - Anointed or Promised One)

  O Omniscient Omnipresent Omnipotent 

  S  Salvation - in our LORD Jesus Christ's own Sacrifice

  T Trinity - Three in One God

The very first time the reality of what Good Friday COST our Saviour hit me was 4th January, when twelve years old.

  God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that WE MIGHT LIVE THROUGH HIM.               1 John 4:9
  
Was in a park by the beach, five mins from where I now live - I loved books! I’d won a book prize at the Scripture Union Beach mission. 
 
Collecting that book prize gave me a far greater prize. 

For the first time, as the teacher talked to me, I saw Jesus, hanging on the cross, for my sins - I saw my sin put Him there. 

What cost indeed!

AND LOVE, Jesus' deep LOVE kept Him there!


That memorable day, when I saw Jesus on the cross for my sin, has lived evermore for me in these words of this hymn. (or see link here)

There is sadness in the GOOD FRIDAY story. 

There is pain in the story. 
There is death. 
But there is more. 
 
The whole story includes Love's beauty of Easter. 
The triumph. 
The joy.
I would dearly love that all who read this might know or already KNOW that Beauty, Triumph, and Joy.. in our Lord Jesus.
 
Now sharing a couple of cards - and used new Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set - so they are NBUS (Never Used Before Schtuff)! 
Yippee. So thankful for my friend Marilyn who forwards US mail to Oz.



 The verse up closer - a great favourite of mine.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; 
but of power, 
and of love, 
and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7
 

Well, a continued theme from this post back here - with variations, of course. I am still using Oxides mostly - though for that blue one I used mixture of 3 inks, Oxides + DI with Altenew Beautiful Bergenia 3D EF.

Technique- smooch all over top surface of EF with chosen ink, inked three times, and emboss each time, without shifting the folder on bottom side

I also lightly water spritzed the last smooch to activate the oxide, pop the colour and even out the tones. 

I chose top side to ink up but optional.
The New stamp set is called "Fear Not set" and is over here!
On the 80th birthday card I used another older set - called Wait on the LORD.
 

An Aussie views to close with to brighten your day - north and south view from a nearby lookout.
 
 Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat!
May God bless your day wherever you may be. 
  Will do my very best in commenting, and truly appreciate your visits!

Shaz in Oz.x 
Linking up to:
 1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes, all three cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
2.  https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2023/04/nbus-challenge-49.html  NBUS items are stamps from Fear not set. 
3. Allsorts challenge Anything Goes / option spring garden  First and last card  Both have spring flowers on them
4. https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=31110    Simon Says MONDAY Challenge - add texture -  cards 2 and 3.
 

13 comments:

brenda said...

More pretty floral cards Shaz and just can't choose a favourite as all are lovely, note you have entered two for Allsorts but we only allow one entry from a post.

B x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sorry B., I did forget that rule in my forgetful way. Thanks for popping over commenting and running your challenge, as well. God bless your Easter time and blessings on your health.
Shaz in Oz.x

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful and inspiring cards with these pretty color schemes!
Thanks for linking up at Allsorts challenge!

Happy Easter!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Gail said...

Lovely cards!
I will have to try that technique! Its very effective!
Have a great Easter, and I too, will be eating Hot Cross buns today!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Shaz, a lovely post to remember all us the true meaning of Easter :)
Beautiful sweet cards and lovely Aussie photos.
God bless you, have a joyful Easter time!
Hugs
P.S. Love so much those Timothy verses! :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Such pretty cards, Shaz. Your art is always such a blessing to me and I'm grateful always to have you share your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Betsy said...

Hello dear Shaz. We had the most somber and lovely Good Friday Service at church tonight. It was dark, we partook of Holy Communion, sang appropriate hymns and read scripture. It was wonderful. Plenty of time was given for reflection and we could stay and pray as long as we wanted to.
Oh, the sacrifice that was given for us. I am so unworthy and yet He felt I was worth it. I'm so blessed. We all are.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Nice music ๐ŸŽถ you shared. I saw a few more YouTube afterwards as well. It's good to hear this morning on Good Friday.
We 3 went to Good Friday service this evening at with a song then scripture on big screen to reason with background music ๐ŸŽถ. Prayer readers then communion with 3 songs and 1 before service was over. I felt blessed. I enjoy your posts my friend. Happy and blessed Easter. ✝️ ๐ŸŒท ~Becky

kiwimeskreations said...

I love Easter, Shaz - it really is the pivot point of our faith.
Wonderful cards and I love the results you have obtained with layering the inks in the embossing folders.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

LOvely embossing in all the pretty colors and great verse to go with them!
Happy Easter!

loz said...

Beautiful cards and sentiments Shaz..Loz

Linby said...

Very pretty results with the embossing folder technique. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Brenda said...

I pray everyone knows the sacrifice that the Lord made, that God made with his only begotten son. He died for our sins so that we may be forgiven, how much more love can you get than that?!! Thus why Easter is such an important holiday for us Christians. I love your cards. The oxide inking is so pretty pressed into the backgrounds of your embossing folders. Each card unique with a scripture verse on them. So lovely! And speaking of lovely, the Aussie coastline views are just beautiful. The water is a gorgeous color, our beaches around here don't have water that color! So peaceful looking! Hugs and blessings Sis, Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...