Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 24 November 2013

How glue on a ink pad? + 3D Vellum card + Nativity with Pan Pastels

Hullo there everyone! 
Well, what a shock it is that we are starting another week again, and the last one in November and we all know what that means!!! Ah, might as well make the best of it. :D
Here is my first snippety card for Di's Snippets challenge, and it was a "make in a hurry" card. Needed a "cheer-you-up" card for a friend recently diagnosed with cancer. She still is not very well, but praying she will feel the strength of LORD through those praying for her in the rough treatment. It  is a lovely verse, from Word Art Wednesday :
 "In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence and His children shall find a place of refuge." Proverbs 14:26.
The flower in 3D was one done aged ago and sitting on my desk waiting for use, and the verse was likewise. So the two came together to make this card, with Vellum on the frame - frame is a combo made with Marianne die, Labels four of Spellbinders. 
Second card is a  Nativity with Pan Pastels background done ages ago and then thought would go well with the Cottage Cutz diecuts which Victoria of Furry Crafts kindly sent me earlier in the year for more see here The frame was made but mounting on black and converting a Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Square die into corners, see post here.
Last thing for day is just in case folk don’t know!
I had found a couple of my favourite SU Ink Spots were without sticky on back.  So thought and prayed as to what could glue them on? As this was pigment ink and very moist not like dye ink at all, it was trickier than most. So thought of best “sticker” I know as far as crafting goes and used some Dimensional Magic by Ranger and it works a treat!! Stuck these on a some months back and still going strong I really like it as it does not clog like glossy accent either.
Well in haste so must close. I thank  you so much for taking the time to pop over for a peek and chat; and I pray the LORD may bless your day wherever you may be, Shaz in Oz.x

23 comments:

Betsy said...

Both of these cards are beautiful Shaz. The pastel nativity is different than any I've seen before.
I'll be in prayer for your friend. Please let us know how she's doing.
Blessings,
Betsy

Di said...

Two beautiful snippets cards Shaz - were you hanging round outside the Playground gates then? :) The Nativity scene is just gorgeous and I know your friend will love her card. Sending healing wishes her way - and love and hugs to you.

Di
xx

Mrs A. said...

Two great cards especially the one for your friend (sending thoughts her way). Thanks for the glue tip too. hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Two gorgeous snippets cards, Shaz! I am sorry to hear about your friend, and pray that her journey is not too rough and she finishes it fully recovered.

Thank you for the glue tip. I have cubes doing that, too! Hugs, Darnell

Anne said...

Another two beautiful cards, your friend will feel so blessed to receive a card. Would she like a card from France? Please let me know. The panpastel have turned out to be a very 'you' medium, you certainly have a feel for them and use them beautifully. The Nativity scene looks stunning! Ye....end of November....better make some Christmas cards.....!

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic cards,
love the Nativity scene
I am going to pray for your friend
hugs Tamara

Gail said...

These cards are great!
Your friend will be in my thoughts.

scrappymo! said...

Oh Shaz...so sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers offered here for a speedy and full recovery.

Two beautiful cards. The second is so beautiful...I am going to have to track down ordering that gorgeous die. It looks beautiful against that panpastel background that you have made.

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz

I am so sorry . . . but in my Challenge Rules . . . no backlinking is allowed, and in fairness to those who I have removed from Mr Linky in the past, I will have to do the same for you.

It is a lovely card though. I admire your pan pastel background and traditional image.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards especially the Nativity scene, I do so love them in black.

Kath x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz. Love the Nativity one.
Hope your friend is well very soon.
Hugs
xx

Rossella said...

Two lovely cards, hope your friend improves soon
Rosie x

Shelly Schmidt said...

A beautiful card for your friend- how thoughtful and so soft and pretty with the vellum and the beautiful Rose. Oh I love the Nativity- the scene is beautiful and I love the Pan Pastel look : ) Thanks for a great tip on reattaching ink pad too. Have a blessed day!

Jo Ann said...

Your cards are awesome. So glad you were able to use one of the Word Art we shared in the past. The embossing in your cards are beautiful. So glad you blessed us with your awesome project this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing. xx Jan (85)

Lynn said...

Two beautiful cards, particularly the one to your friend. I hope the words give her courage and hope. Lynn x

Jean said...

It's a lovely verse you chose for your friends card, I hope she finds comfort and courage in it. Sending wishes for a full recovery for her.
The nativity card is beautiful, with the lovely background colours.
Jean x

Cathy said...

Two pretty cards Shaz, the colours in the nativity one are gorgeous, Cathy x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That nativity scene is awesome. I love the gentle snippet card above that. I think a lot of in-a-hurry-cards end up being made with snippets. I don't know about you but I can think how to use them in a crunch much easier when I have time to over-think it.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Shaz - I am sure she will appreciate your card so much.

Love your nativity card with the way you did the silhouette on the background - looks so elegant.

Love the tip about the ink pad - I needed to know about this as I have an ink pad which needs to be stuck back down and had NO IDEA what to use.

{{hugs}} and prayers
Jocelyn x

Debs Willis said...

Super cards Shaz, not tried pan pastels yet so maybe Santa will bring me some :-)
I'm sure your friend really appreciated your kind card
Hugs
Debs x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering these delightful cards for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x

Robyn said...

Shaz, it is always a delight to me when I take the time to visit your blog. I came by way of a web search today and landed http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/how-to-make-gelli-plate-or-jelly-pad.html Not fully understanding the concept, but reminded of your wonderful spirit and talents! Love the cards in this post as always. I have a stamp pad or two that need to be reseated, so I will try your solution on those as well! Blessings to your friend. May she indeed find the peace found only in Christ alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...