Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 1 June 2016

WOYWW + Snippety Cards!

Warning - photo heavy post...

Another WOYWW or What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted again by dear Lunch Lady Jan (Thanks, dear LLJ!) Our wonderful Julia had surgery yesterday. For "non-deskers", (who asked me to update them, 'cos they were praying) - news from Lunch Lady Jan's blog, this morning UK time. Keep praying folks too, thanks!
"Julia is in the High Dependency Unit, recovering from the very long operation yesterday to remove the acoustic neuroma that has made her life so difficult over the past 9 months. Mr Dunnit texted me last night saying that the surgeon was pleased with how everything went."
My desk this morning.. on far left its hidden cos its a birthday card, on right are two finished snippet cards so off to the playground .. yay! Just near monkeys is my PiF from my first WOYWW in 2011 from Jozarty. Its nearly always there somewhere near monkeys. You will be surprised to read what those two cards are made with - see below.. Sorry no atc's, 'cos I'm in Oz, takes a while to get downunder and not sure if Shaz Silverwolf has hers yet with my PiF.
...the once front view, but now back view of an envelope from Ginny of Maxam Made.....
The new front view - I loved the lining on this envelope, and thought it would make great DP! so went through my snippets of verses and pinks and greens
There was a sketch on "ChristianCardMakers" (CCM) on FB, wanted to use that sketch as an idea... sort of I always change things. EF from is from SU Decorative dots, bought it on their recent half price sale on discontinued items. On my wish list so very thankful!
Here I am making Sarn's gems... Sarn is from the Snippets playground, but is poorly so pray she picks up soon too. Use a normal small round punch (from school days, mine is decades old) Use a mat + embossing too, emboss them into a softly rounded shape! Dots to size and shade.. perfecto! (Tip: moisten the card with little spritz of water, as found that helped shaping, plus good glob of glue to size, so it holds it's shape).
The verses are digis, printed but not used, are free over at Word Art Wednesday.
To the Aussie shots today - two from the garden yesterday and one from my walk yesterday, it was sooo pretty .. have more but will share later. I do love this time of year.. our autumn is very dry though .. only two days with rain last month of 3rd and 5th May a total of 12mm, we need more as was drought before that here.
A Grevillea called Peaches and Cream it opens yellowy then changes to peach hues. It is next to an African daisy which comes in all hues and we use pine bark mulch here so we dont have to water native and drought lovers so often.

Looking down the park, five minutes from here - see across the creek + ocean beyond that.
Please say hi - to let me know you've been by! 
May God bless your day wherever you maybe!

Shaz in Oz.x

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit .." Isaiah 57:15

Linking up to: 
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 
2. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on all of the cards.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
3. Cuttlebug Mania - use embossing with CB.

31 comments:

Kathyk said...

Ooh, great desk, pix and snippety makes

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#24

jill said...

A lovely card . Happy woyww Jill #17

Helen said...

the cards are beautiful! it is good news indeed from Julia's surgery. Happy WOYWW Helen #10

sandra de said...

Ohh that card is lovely and as always great OZ pics. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @36

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think that pink and green go together so well! The cards are delightful, so pretty 💖😊💕
Thank you for all your support, Shaz, it means a lot.
Hugs, LLJ xxx

Di said...

Gorgeous snippets cards Shaz! Super pix and also uplifting news about Julia too.

Hugs

Di xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, Your's isn't here yet, but I'm sure it will be in the next few days. You should get mine about the same time, I hope. Lovely cards, Shaz, and I do love that Grevillia- beautiful colours. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #18 xx

LisaDV said...

Love your cards. The green and pink are fabulous. Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #38

Robyn said...

loving this busy desk, and the travelog! thanks for visiting and your kind words- and yes! praying for Julia!!!!
robyn 3

dmgarafalo said...

awesome card, great colors, It is always fun to stop by a fellow crafter's space - even if virtually. Donna #6

Twiglet said...

I love pink and green together - probably because we see it in nature. Your flowers are so lovely down there! x Jo

Sharon said...

Beautiful card. I love the flowers and then the green. Beautiful picture of Australia.

Have a great week
Sharon K #5

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great use of the envelope's paper, it's so pretty! You have made a so lovely card with it! Your handmade canies looks fabulous! Great idea!
Beautiful photos, too!

Neet said...

So good to hear that Julia has got through her operation and the surgeon is pleased with how it went. Now begins the road to recovery, let's pray that it is a short one and all is well for her.
The pink daisy is beautiful and must be wonderful to see how the Grevillea changes colour - you certainly have some beautiful flowers and things in Oz.
Love how you utilised the paper and how you made the little gems. Something I must try for myself.
Take care my friend
Blessings, Neet 14 xx

Betsy said...

Even though I don't know your friend Julia, it is always good to hear that a wonderful person is doing well after surgery. Your cards are beautiful as always. I especially like the pink and green together. Your Aussie shots are pretty too. Life seems to be dry a lot of places right now...except where there is flooding. It seems to be either feast or famine with moisture this year.
Blessings,
Betsy

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards these are Shaz - love the pink and green.
Your flowers are beautiful, as is the sunset
Blessings
Maxine

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

When I first started going to France with my school, I would buy loads of envelopes from one of the cheap type of supermarket, because they were good quality and had a beautiful deep blue lining, and I could not get anything like it at home. Thank you for your visit and your lovely comments. I am certainly having fun at the moment and I have been asked to take the Pixie Powders in to the local craft shop to demonstrate them. The shop has recently been taken over by a young couple just starting out so they are trying to decide what goodies you need to stock to make a going concern. I have been taking different things in to show them and let them and their customers test out. I am just off now to get my tyres checked out ahead of a couple of longer motorway journeys. I hope you have a great week. xxx Maggie. #2

Craftychris said...

I love pink and green together so totally love your cards! Fab photos too - I love seeing your Aussie pics, they are always so cool! I am so glad Julia is out of surgery ok, I hope she recovers well. I haven't managed to join in with WOYWW for a very long time. On Julia's return, I must really try! xxx

glitterandglue said...

Thursday afternoon already - sorry to be so late visiting, Shaz. Your cards are beautiful - a great way to use up some bits and pieces. Those plants are lovely, too - that peaches and cream one is gorgeous!!
Thanks for already visiting - yes, I was so very touched by Shaz's thoughtfulness in sending me that ATC. Yes, it was indeed good that John managed to have a great time away - even managing to get out and about a fair bit. We self catered, so were able to simply eat as much or as little as John wanted, when he wanted, so he was under no pressure... I managed 2 jigsaws, which was good!!!
Take care dear girl. God bless.
Margaret #15

Unknown said...

Hello Shaz thanks for stopping by my blog and leave such a sweet comment. Oh I love the colours of your cards and I am going to scrap lift the idea of hole punch little circles to use as embellishments. Thanks for sharing this. Have a great week. Hugs~Anne L#4

Conniecrafter said...

Love the designs on both cards, and such pretty papers. I keep thinking I need to make a bunch of these dots up with all the little scraps I have saved and just have them on hand but I haven't had the time.
Beautiful pictures of the flowers and plants, sorry to hear you haven't had much rain, hope you get more soon. Lovely sunset to end your post with

Marilyn Mathis said...

Enjoyed my visit to your WOYWW this week. Thanks for the tip about the dots. I never thought of making dots that way, now I will have to try that! Love the cards and the pictures make me want to come for a visit! Love ya! Hugs.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the color combo and the paper is lovely!! The flowers in your garden are very beautiful!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Cara said...

What a sweet card and great bit of recycling! Cara x

Brenda said...

What beautiful card Sharon! I love that lining too and it does make great pattern paper. Love it on your cards, which are just amazing! I also love the flowers and the view, I never tire of seeing your surroundings! Hugs, Brenda

Gail said...

Howdy! Dropping by to say Thank you so much for entering your art work [love how you created this card! super] into WAW this week Anything Goes Challenge - where you can upload 5 pieces each week - a total of 10 opportunities to win a prize! Happy Dance - it is a blessing to have you come by and join the challenge - may your day be filled with fun and laughter and leaving you with this message "The Lord is Good - All of the Time" Blessings, Gail WAW DT

Cathy said...

Wonderful card Shaz, great recycling too, thanks for your happy visit and kind wishes too, Cathy x

Annie Claxton said...

Hi Shaz, sorry for the late visit and hope you're having a fab weekend :o) Love that pink/green combo and very taken with those gems made from paper, what a wonderful idea, must try it. Annie C #26

Kim Heggins said...

Love peeking in to see your desk...always fun to see how other create! And your card is so sweet, I always love pink and green!

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz

Love the look of your card and thank you so much for the shout out and your kind words.

Loving the Aussie photo's too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shaz, what fun to read your post today. I'm not a WOYWW gal, but I love seeing what's on your desk!! The end results are beautiful cards! And I too have so many WAW verses that I should use. They are beautiful, and I love the paper you've used. Beautifully done, and so wonderful that you got that EF for 50% off. Big hugs, dear friend! Love! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...