Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 5 June 2016

Bizzy Becs Challenge - Lawn Fawn "Hippo Birdie to You!" - Shaker Cards

Hullo everyone .. another post for Bizzy Bec Online Store it's anything goes at the Monthly Challenge for June! (Yes, June! six months into 2016!)
For the  "Anything Goes Monthly Challenge"  the winner worldwide receives either a die or stamps prize from Bizzy Bec's..
Some stamping and masking here today, a learning curve for me .. some shaker cards, using Pre-order Lawn Fawn Stamps hippo- Hippo Birdee To You! (cute, plus suitable for any sort of birthday card really).
Inked up some post-it notes with some images, cut around them for masking.
Stamped two lots of images, making up two cards .. just in case..!

Made a hill mask to add sky and grassy background. Masked some clouds as well for the sky.
Finished backgrounds.
Here are the first two Hippo Birdee shakers. Made major booboo in making these. *Do not use tacky glue for attaching layers new the aperture.. tacky glue makes the shaker elements stick and stay stuck!  
*Also use anti static pad on acetate etc to remove static with shaker elements.
*Another point I need to remember is to make the aperture on card base the size of inside of the frame.
I sent them off, irrespective of booboos, as still liked them. One went to France and one went to Canada. Being flat cards they are ideal to post overseas.
So made another one, with no tacky glue. Static does make things stick, even though used anti static pad around it before attaching base. Sadly don't have anymore of the textured card I used on first ones (found out its discontinued - boohoo) so used an embossing folder for this one. Masked sponging bit different as no hills on this.
Embossing Folder - S.U Decorative Dots
Foam mounting tape.

 Don't usually add Aussie shots to DT posts, but we're experiencing an east coast low. Put on waterproofs and went for a walk yesterday (Saturday) morning. The rain and wind gusts were up to 35 knots or 69 km :D it was nearly blowing me over as I  took these on my phone.
{EDIT: it has passed now thankfully, rain gone - was a total of 9 inches or 225mm. In my last post, I said how we needed rain. I guess we had it :D
Passed mostly unscathed except damage to few shrubs. Up north the flooding was worse, some areas here were evacuated, more photos later on.}
 

Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat - it means a lot to me!  

Shaz in Oz.x

The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power ..: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. Nahum 1:3

Linking up to: (this is scheduled, will link as as soon as able)
1.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au. 
2. Mask it - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
3. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets, on die cuts.  http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
4.  Cuttlebug Mania - use embossing with CB. 
5. Stamping Sensations - June challenge is Feature a creature.

30 comments:

brenda said...

Pretty shaker cards Shaz, it's so nice to see them popping up here and there again as they are always such fun. Thanks for your visit earlier and kind works, the garden does indeed provide me with so much inspiration.

It does indeed looks rather blustery, it's been the same here but we expect it, but don't think it's the norm for you.

B x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab shaker cards Sharon. Those images are really sweet and your blending with the masks is beautiful. Hope your weather clears up soon. Sharon xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thank you for your tips, Shaz!! Surely I will learn from them :)
Always love Law Fawn critters and these cutie are perfect with your inked background! Love the effect of the embossing folder with the shaker scene!
I'm very impressed by your photos, hope that the weather will be sunny now...
Hugs

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous shaker cards Shaz, love the images and the embossing.
Hope your weather improves, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous creations and love the image and the fabulous backgrounds, brilliant design.

Kath x

Betsy said...

Those are such sweet cards. I'm always amazed at the talent you have Shaz. Wow! Those are some winds. I was talking to our son in Tokyo last night and he had two windows open his apartment. I have never heard the wind howling through that apartment like it was last night. I wonder if it was linked to the wins that you have somehow? However, I do know you're far away from each other. Ha ha! Have a lovely day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

Liz said...

Super shaker cards, Shaz! Love the little scenes you've created.

That sure looks windy where you are. Lots of sunshine in my part of the world. xx

BożenA said...

Wow Shazz,
two beautiful cards shaker. Zaaranżowałaś wonderful scenes. I love the hippo :-)
Still not done, "gelly plate", I can not find the time, but I used to take for it :-) Definitely write if I did ...
hugs,
BozenA

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Shaz!! Love the shaker windows!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

scrappymo! said...

These are so darned cute. I enjoyed the step by step you accom;lished with the photos. Well done!

Carol said...

Cute card Shaz. I've never attempted to make a shaker card so all power to you.
Love the stamps, beautifully coloured. Hugs Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card with fabulous colours chosen...just gorgeous..xx{aNNie}

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very sweet shaker cards Shaz, you created such wonderful little scenes for the cute critters.

Hope the weather has calmed down.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful pair of shaker cards...love those sweet little Lawn Fawn images! You are so talented and I love that you show us all how to make them!!! Thanks for sharing the photos you took while on your walk, so beautiful even with all the rain. Take care and stay dry!

Cara said...

Lovely cards, shaker cards can be a pain to make though! Cara x

Brenda said...

Awww, your shaker card is adorable Sharon! I struggle with masking scene's too. Just don't do it enough, so I really have to think about it, that's my down fall. lol Oh my the pictures are amazing. I can't believe you went out in the storm to get these pictures! I'm glad the wind didn't blow you away!!! Beautiful pictures though, just not beautiful images that get left behind. I hope everyone was safe and no damage was found. Hugs, Brenda

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love your shaker cards. I have tried one in the past - that was it - one. :) May try it again. You did a great job. Hope all is well with you and your family through the bad weather. Hugs to a sweet lady.

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, glad to hear you survived the low unscathed, we had about 10" or 25cm of rain but the lower mountains catchment copped a whopping about double that, hopefully some of it ended up in Warragamba Dam...

Have you tried any of the From the Heart Stamps out, Faith has some lovely freebies if your interested...

Have a great week... Megan

kiwimeskreations said...

Shaz these are beautiful cards - love your wee scene within the shaker!
So glad you did not get hit badly with the storm - we are due for it over the coming weekend.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

That card is just adorable and love the background you did for them, putting them into a shaker card is just too cute!!
Glad you got the rain you needed, but wow sounds like it came in quite the big storm, good to hear you made it through ok!

MaryH said...

Sharon, it is truly amazing how you could take such 'simple drawings' like these cute digis, and make such stunning shaker cards. (I really liked the texture c/s on your first two cards as well. Too sad it's been discontinued). However, I liked the embossing effect just as much on your 2nd shaker. (I've never tried a shaker, so thanks for the lessons learned). The digis are adorable, but with the way you've used this set, you really turned them into outstanding looks. Enjoyed the pictures you shared, and thankful that you are ok. Hope no flooding in your immediate vicinity. Stay safe. TFS & Hugs

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those are two awesome shaker cards - so sweet! Aren't you happy for rain? But I guess spread out over a few days would have been more helpful than all at once...

Di said...

Aw Shaz - what fabulous shaker cards! LOVE the cute little hippo and birdie - super work!

Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di
xx

Brenda in IN said...

These shakers are so cute. I love the hippo. I have heard if you wipe the acetate down with water first it helps with the sticking. I'm glad the storm has passed and you did get some much needed rain. Our news carried the flooding on local tv. Flooding has been such an issue in so many places around the world. I hope that issue is over now.

Jingle said...

This is wonderful! SUCH an adorable scene! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with the masking challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Brenda Brown said...

Love how you masked the background and ended up with such a cute card. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. xxx

sandra de said...

Those shaker cards are absolutely stunning and as for the weather we have all had... glad it is over. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @13

Pia S said...

I think they're just adorable, no visible boo boos. And not being too perfect is the charm of a handmade card anyways:)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a sweet set of baby cards, and I love that they are shaker cards. And the hippos are adorable! I love your grass and amazing sky with clouds. I hope your rain stops and that those who suffered flooding are fairing better. The west coast of Florida was hit quite badly with the storm Colin. It has now passed, but we are still feeling the effects with rain that we so much need. Big hugs, precious Shaz! xoxo

pinky said...

Ahh these are super sweet, just love them. Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month.
Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...