Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 30 June 2016

Belated WOYWW + Rudolph Day + Darkroom Door Surfboards

Hullo there one and all.. YUP! I am officially running a day late for WOYWW (What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday, hosted again by dear Lunch Lady Jan.
Thanks, dear LLJ! )
Those who would like an update of Julia and her Acoustic Neuroma, post surgery please read her recent post here. Please keep praying for her, brain surgery of this sort is slow recovery. Pray also that her recovery will be complete.
Just scraping in for Scrappy Mo's challenge, see below!
Big warning - photo over load here!

To my desk at midday yesterday, before left for the day! there's a card half done there, a selection of dies on left, most of which were rejected. Sample of one chosen at rear left, the one chosen is in silver (extended) under the Dark Room Door Surboards, done with perfect pearls colouring.
This lovely 6 x 6" cardstock came to me by courtesy of Yvonne of Phoebez blog. Admiring her cards, I asked her where she bought her lovely cardstock from? Off cuts she said from a Dutch paper mill. Of course we live no where near a paper mill, so when she offered to post me some if I paid for post cost, I gratefully accepted. Hard to get good foiled card here - so thank you, dear friend! Yvonne also enabled me to buy a new SB on its way here (see here).  Bad me, of course Bizzy Bec's had them at such a good price, too good to miss out on!
I have shared this before but there are always new folks.. I don't have a scallop die to fit these LOTV stamps so I cut one and half silver smaller diecuts then cut it up on back to fit around as a fully scalloped edge. Cool, eh?

Image in centre, Darkroom Door Surfboards - emboss image in clear embossing powder + colour in with Versamark pen + add colour by colour the perfect pearls. Seal them with hairspray at the end. Used die SB polka Dots largest die. This one is going to UK so kept it fairly flat, safe to post then.
This image (A sketchy one by Sheena Douglas) was done the same way as the Darkroom Door surfboards, stamped on scrap of burgundy cardstock then added perfect pearls as above. I fussy cut it out, and glued it with silicone glue on the embossed card. The CB Snowflake EF had been smooched with blue ink then embossed and sprayed with shimmery mist. Snowflake (coloured with blue and silver ink) was one from RosA, + verse "For unto you this day ..."is a digi.
My entry for
Scrappy Mo's Christmas card challenge - aka Rudolph day (you've until today's end).
Now to the photos of Oz - in South Australia this is for you Cheryl Scrivens! Close family, Pete and Robyn are on on 3 months trip to South Australia. Have a four wheel drive + four wheel drive caravan. Doing the hard yakka of dirt roads in the rain - in the desert!
Yes,
they have been bogged and the Army came to the rescue.. they just happened to be passing in the middle of the desert, pretty good, eh?
One of God's coincidences/ providential provisions.  

As I write this they are just north of Marla heading to Alice Springs and Uluru (the rock).
I put this one in so you can see what difference the sunlight makes, this in the cloud so no many highlights. It is called the "Painted Desert" because of the amazing colour & lights. It was that sort of mud you drive over at 10 - 50km an hour, slow going. Especially if you had to stop and de-cake the mud off all the tyres, cos they were all clogged up with mud and wouldn't move.
This one reminds me of a Namatjira painting my dad painted and we had in our loungeroom as kids.
Spectacular mesas +++ God's creation is amazing!
Footprints in the salt of Lake Ayre, largest saltwater lake inland South Australia. They walked in as far as they could, till started to sink in sand ..
The hugest Sturt Desert Peas flowers I've ever seen and Rob too - she said each blossom was 10cm long, ie 4". Just growing out in wild of sandy/ mud flats. Popped up with recent rains, see caking of ground as it dries.
To left is their rig, the end of their four wheel drive caravan, shows they've been at the famous Pink Roadhouse at Oodnadatta. They camped out the back where there was a caravan park, and really great hot showers!
 A special welcome to a new encourager of this blog a Big welcome to Margaret Jones .. first new one in many months and sadly I cant welcome her properly as no comment. So please comment so I can link to and join your blog.

Please say hi - to let me know you've been by! 
May God bless your day wherever you maybe!

Shaz in Oz.x

  "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!" Romans 11:33

Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 
2. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on all of the cards.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

39 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulous photos and loved seeing your work desk...mine is in a shambles!! Another fun blog post and you certainly have some amazing projects going..!!!

sandra de said...

Hi Shaz, always interesting to see what you have been doing and I have to say this weeks OZ photos are amazing. Love the iris card, DI are great for watercolouring.
have a lovely week, I'm off on a couple of weeks holiday. cheers
Sandra de @21

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK SHAZ! I was JUST thinking about hair spray & perfect pearls the other day. LOL Your photos are AMAZING!!! THANK YOU for sharing!!! ;)

Kathyk said...

Better late than never, interesting desk, fab projects and great pix

Happy BELATED WOYWW

Kathyk
#16

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful both the cards, and great trick for a scalloped outline, thanks for sharing! :) Your photos are very impressive, such incredible places!

Felicia said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE those photos! What a gorgeous place!!! Those flowers are to die for, by the way! :) I also love the God moment of the Army rescue! I don't believe in coincidences, just God moments! That was awesome! :) LOLOL I love, love, your cards, they are gorgeous!! I love that polka dot die as well!! That creativity on the scalloped die is a winner for sure! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and many, many blessings to you! Felicia, #36

Yvonne said...

Wow...Shaz...those are some gorgeoys cards! Love them all!
Australia looks so beautiful.....I hope some day I will have the opportunity to visit is again.
Warm hug from Holland,
Yvonne (Phoebeez)

Anne said...

I love your ingenuity and creativity! You cards are superb! Love your photos as always it is so good to see your piccys of home! Aren't those desert pea flowers incredible? Bravo mon amie, thank you for sharing!xx

dmgarafalo said...

Thanks for the mini tour & guide! Great cards as always, thanks for stopping by earlier. I only got halfway thru yesterday - so finishing up today. blessing, donna #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's good to see you, thanks for joining in! I like the variety of cards, especially the little bird one. And thank you for sharing the photos of the outback, it's a difficult terrain, I'm glad they are having a good holiday 😃
Hugs, LLJ xxx

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love the pics of South Australia. Isn't it just like our God to provide what we need when we are in trouble. Thanks for the reminder about the way to create scallops when we need them! Hugs.

Betsy said...

Beautiful card Shaz and lovely photos. The scenery reminds me of the Badlands of South Dakota here in the States. So wonderful that God allowed the army to be right there when they were needed by your relatives.
Blessings,
Betys

KT Fit Kitty said...

I enjoyed looking at all of your photos, Shaz! You took some good ones! Your cards are beautiful! I really like your Rudolph Day card! Beautiful scripture too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

All those wonderful pictures of Australia I forgot why we were here... oh yeah, CARDS. I know you've fussed around with those surfboards before. I love your fix it solution to make the scallop circle fit right! Brilliant. Great Rudolph day card too with all that lovely texture and shine.

MaryH said...

Yay for you on securing some of this nifty paper. Bloggers are so kind, aren't they? Restores one's faith in this ole bad world we are living in. Not all bad people. Love that shimmering layers in #1...that is just SO cool. Of course the bird - well, that makes my heart happy to see it. Love, love all the desert pictures and that amazing flower growing in the midst of all that sand. What gorgeous blue sky. Your friends are truly adventurers..don't think I'd be so brave to set out in this kind of country, but I sure did enjoy seeing the awesome pictures! TFS & Hugs. (thanks for the birthday wishes. Not the best of days, as I'm battling an allergy attack which causes respiratory problems..but it shall pass!)

Chris said...

Fabulous cards Shaz, great technique with the perfect pearls, the result is beautiful. Thanks for the tip using the scalloped die too...must remember this!
Chris
x
PS thanks for your lovely comment!

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful cards, Shaz. Love the shimmer from the perfect pearls!
I lovethem both of course. The sufboards look fab and make up a very arty card.
The rudolph Days entry is so lovely. The bird and verse are perfect together.

Great scenic photos of Oz. I was amazed to see that plant with the huge blossoms.

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sally H said...

Wonderful cards and Stunning photos, Shaz! Those flowers were breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing xxx

Kathleen said...

Great work desk photo's and a really lovely RD card.
Great photos too of South Australia.

Kath x

Lin said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog, Shaz! Loved your cards, and the bonus of the photos, especially those flowers - wow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Brenda said...

Wow, what an amazing post Sharon! I love how you made your scallop circle-you are so clever! I also love that paper you were able to get your hands on, so sweet of the sender. We have such a sweet blogging community that is for sure! I love, love, love how your cards turned out Sharon. The texture on the surfboard card is amazing! The bird card is so sweet and encouraging. But boy it is the scenery that takes my breath away! What beautiful views and I would love to visit the Pink Roadhouse. lol Those flowers, stunning! Your country sure is beautiful Sharon and I never tire of seeing your beautiful pictures. Hugs, Brenda

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Shaz, super designs. Thank for sharing the scalloped circle tip.

TFS the photos, amazing!

Visiting your blog today with my Rudolph Days DT member's hat on. Good luck in the challenge. xx

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Brilliant idea with the scallop die!
Yes, that snowflake I'm sure is Memory Box, but I will have to look to see what it's called. Will let you know later.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful work!! Love the pics!! Very beautiful!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Valerija said...

Amazing Rudolph day card and such a great photos.
Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
Hugs,
Valerija - DT member.

Nikki said...

Such beautiful cards love the bird one and I'm late to visiting yet again lol have a fabby weekend hugs Nikki 1

Di said...

Your snippets cards are all fabulous Shaz! And wonderful photos as always - it's so good to learn more about your beautiful country.

Hugs

Di xx

Sharon Madson said...

Love your cards! Also thoroughly enjoyed your photos. Thank you for sharing them. #45

Conniecrafter said...

The use of the pearls is so cool, gives such a neat look to it, great for beach and Christmas cards :)
Such amazing landscapes you have out there!!

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful photos! And amazing cards too!

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic Shaz
hugs Tamara

Cara said...

Fab cards and brilliant photos. Have a great weekend, Cara x

Helen said...

Great photos!! thanks for already visiting. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, you're not the only one on catch-up this week. Desk looks busy, loving the card. Great photos too. Have a lovely weekend and happy belated woyww, Angela 15

Pia S said...

Loving the metallic look of those surfboards and great tip to make the scallop circle fit the larger sentiment.
I just got from a wonderful holiday, now I'll enjoy one week at home before starting work again, hoping to get lots of crafting time:)

kiwimeskreations said...

Sorry I am so late in visiting Shaz, but I was away for part of last week - your cards are stunning - which is normal when I visit your blog to see such beautiful work and be inspired.
The photos are fascinating - your world is so different to ours, yet you are relatively close in the grand scheme of things.
Blessings
Maxine

Gail said...

So STunning!!! - thank you for linking up at WAW - blessings Gail Scott DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Shaz! The embossed background looks wonderful & the metallic looks fab.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Shaz! I have been so behind and am now slowly "getting a grip" on things and catching up! I absolutely am fascinated by the photos and praise God for how He rescued Pete and Robyn! Even though they were prepared with their vehicle, it shows how the rain made such muddy and dangerous conditions. But the photos are beautiful and show how God grows anything in places we wouldn't think they would, doesn't He? You are such a joy to so many, Shaz, and I love you dearly! Big hugs and so much love! And remember, here or there...we shall be together with our Savior! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...