Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Christmas Challenge, WOYWW, Oxides + Romanian cards etc.

WARNING.. total photo overload today... :D
Hi there one and all.. yes another week has flown since posting! Think we all feel that time is simply scooting by! Time for another of Mo's Rudolph day, in fact it is over soon, at end of May in Canadian time! Also another WOYWW or What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - pop over to Julia's blog, please say hi! Look, see, what you learn!
My desk today.
 Mid card photo, second last Romanian one, adding digi to background from paint clean up on home made gelli pad, see top post of my sidebar if interested in recipe, tried and true over generations of use. adding a digi with Romanian bible verse overlaid on it. Finished card, but not photographed.
My desk a few days back making background for stamping with Prickly Pear EEO145 nativty scene Verse is from Our Daily Bread Christmas set. My card for Mo's challenge, using my two Oxides, and some other inks as well to deepen Blue Jeans and Wilted Violet. BTW I think I've thought of an idea how to make normal DI into similar ways of layering as oxides. want more oxides but not pennies (due to expensive teeth) so thought of idea last night yet to try it. Watch this space.
Here you can see the faint outline of a CCD. This was lying on my desk, hadn't thought of it till my eye lay upon it.. Mm, I think that would work! this die is a detailed die. Put double side paper on back for easy adhesion, so it required multiple passes and shifting around. I lightly embossed it on inked sheet to get outline so as to make laying down very easy.
Plus slight embossing means it sits really well, giving sort of inlaid look..
Completed card.
Folder used is Ultimate crafts,
Christmas tradition 5 x 7 folder, extended a little.
ATC + Card - by SANDRA DE (link here)
Last week, we had out 8th WOYWW, I sent out four, two were in Oz and two were in UK. This lovely set is from Sandra De with one of her lovely watercolours on the card. I love the sheen on her ATC but doesn't really show up with all its nuances like the real thing.
 Romanian Birthday card, with brushos tag. Circle Die is a CCD, stamp is long discontinued SU one, On the Spot Background, plus Spots CB folder.
 God bless you in Romanian. Romanian embroidery digi from Google, gold braid from Shazsilverwolf. Embossalicious swirls folder.
 Digi from FB group, and Ginny Maxam, verse is 2 Chron 20:12.." for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee."
Kaisercraft folder inked up in two greens of Brilliance inks over gold card base. God bless you, free doggie digi on B.'s Floral Fantasy blog years ago now...
Aussie shot .. sunset taken a while back.. stunning changes this evening like you rarely see. Love talking with God at such times. He is always near but especially walking in evening.

May God bless your day .. where every you maybe, and thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat, you really do cheer my heart!
Shaz in Oz.x
" .. for we have no might against this .... that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon Thee." 2 Chronicles 20:12..
Linking card over to:

1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 
2. Dis snippet's Challenge week 283/4 Used some sort of snippets on every single card.
5. Cuttlebug Mania - Frame it. Second Romanian rose framed card Plus Christmas leaf framed card

48 comments:

Helen said...

Such beautiful cards you made this week, also love the atc from Sandra. Happy WOYWW Helen #5

scrappymo! said...

Your inky card for RD is wonderful Just the right amount of subtle inking
That die is fabulous. Worth every moment of diecutting it with effort!
Of course I love the Nativity scene too...

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, it looks like you have been a busy bee this last week, love the subtle inky Christmas card and that die is very cool, I have one that took multiple rolls through my machine, direction changes and I eventually worked out that if I place my steel plate directly under the die it worked in half the time. Have a wonderful week... Megan

sandra de said...

Stunning cards Shaz and that leaf die frame is perfect on the card. Glad you like the ATC and thanks for always stopping by and leaving such lovely comments. Have a lovely week up on the beautiful North Coast.
sandra de @5

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz and as always I love your Aussi pic.
Hugs,
Annie x #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The soft tones of the lavender/violet is really pretty but I like your bright cheerful cards too!! That is such a lovely countryside pic, what beautiful colours :-D
Hugs, LLJ 18 xxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful creations, love them all.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Neet said...

That last photograph could be an English scene. It is beautiful and well worth enlarging and making into a picture for the wall..
Love your Romanian cards - they are special just like all of your cards.
Sending love
Neet 13 xx

May said...

What a feast for my eyes... such Gorgeous cards and the beautiful Aussie photo is amazing... I have one of those PG monkeys too...Have a happy week ahead... May#19

sharon said...

Hi Shaz,
Your card is fabulous,l think if you put a drop of water onto the distress ink it works very much like the Oxide. I saw it somewhere although i haven't given it a go yet.
Beautiful cards by you friends and magnifcent photo.
Hope all goes well at the dentist. Leave a msg on my blog with your email l won't publish it l will then msg you.
Enjoy you week.
Hugs
sharon :)

Unknown said...

I love that we met in person and in Manchester of all places! if you cannot get to see me here in France if and when we have a woyww gathering Chez Nous - I will make sure we do an online thing that can involve you too, much love doone @27

Jenny L said...

Hi Shaz,
Happy Rudolf Days.
oh my word so many beautiful makes and gorgeous designs.
Your work is so lovely and wonderfully created.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarah Brennan said...

I love the idea of the semi inlaid die cuts. It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the technique, I will definitely have to give it a try. Sarah #22

Andrea said...

My Shaz
you've been very busy, I do love your creativity, as always what lovely cards you've created this week and so many different styles ...great..my fav is the green tag one...although all are beautiful. I have not posted myself today unfortunately, I havent had the chance andI am still on catch up from last week! Have a wonderful week and thank you, I always love your posts.
Isn't it great getting an ATC through the post ..stunning little masterpiece that makes you smile :-) happy hugs Andrea x

Barb said...

You've been very busy Shaz. Those are some lovely makes and a lovely ATC from your friend too. The photo is a beautiful peaceful scene. Barbxx

Di said...

A wonderful selection of work from you Shaz - and it's lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground. And that photo is gorgeous!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue Jones said...

You have been So busy! love your cards. Have a great week . soojay 28 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz.
Your cards are just lovely. I really like the nativity scene card as well. Great work - and a fantastic Aussie shot! Welsh ones to be seen on my post this week.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Betsy said...

Good morning Shaz,
As always that card is just beautiful. I always love it when you make things with purples that's my favorite color. I can't believe the intricate designs that you do. Not be in a card maker, I can only imagine how much time if mistake.

I love your Aussie shot. When I take my walks at the lake in the summertime, I like to use that time to sing praises to God and to talk to Him. I always feel closer to Him when I'm in nature. Isn't that silly? I know he's with me all the time. Have a lovely day my sweet friend. Blessings, Betsy

Pat said...

What a great selection of cards Shaz and your Christmas card is very elegant and pretty and love the inking in the background too. Thank you for joining in with the May Rudolph Days Challenge. x

CherylQuilts said...

Hi, Shaz, and God's richest blessings to you today (well, for you probably tomorrow!). Truly, it's always a joy to visit with you, dear sis, and I praise God for all the beautiful things you share with us. I love seeing all your lovely cards and especially love the inlaid die with the Christmas scene with Mary and Joseph with Jesus as the wisemen arrive. Beautifully done. And what a gorgeous scene that I can imagine your walking along in the evening just praising God for His beautiful creation...as we await the new heavens and new earth. Love you dearly! Hugs! xoxo

Cara said...

Thank you for sharing all your creative news. Hope you have a great week x

lisa said...

You always have such a lot to look at on your desk each week, Shaz, it's such a joy to visit. Love your Aussie shot of course and what a beautiful ATC from Sandra.
What a pity your couldn't track down the rose. Hopefully you'll be able to find something equally pretty. I have so many in the garden. I love them, although not their thorns when I have to tie them back or prune them!!
Hope you have a good week
Hugs Lisax #26

Kathleen said...

A fabulous array of cards and nice to see a desk that looks a bit like mine.

Kath x

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card - the colours (again!) are so lovely :)
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #31
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-417.html

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many beautiful makes in this week!! They are all so pretty and particulary love the last one with the cute watercoloured doggie and the fab embossed background! I have not time for craft, instead... so busy in these crazy days at the end of school!!! :(
Hugs

Swissie said...

Wow, Shaz, you are so creative and productive! Stunning cards!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Blessings,
Swissie DT

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

What a brilliant table of creativity.
I love the ATC's- stunning!
Have a super week.
Katie #44 xx

Nikki said...

Lots of wonderful cards and the ATC's are great !!!
That facebook group has so many different styles it's just Eye Candy
Lovely sunset to look at too
Hugs Nikki 10

RosA said...

Hi Shaz
Thanks for stopping by. Love the tag with the brushos background.
I will look forward to your ATC and I will send you one, when I can face the post office :)
Ros

kiwimeskreations said...

Shaz your cards are beautiful - I do love the fabulous backgrounds you make with your embossing folders and inks :-) That christmas card is beautiful!!
Thank you for your card which arrived yesterday - it is deeply appreciated, and a beautiful work of the heart.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

A real jam packed post of loveliness Shaz, each one so different and I too still have that doggy image, always reminds me of my Granddads dog many years ago.

And very pretty creation for our Vintage theme this week, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Brenda said...

Wow, lots of beautiful cards you have made Sharon!!! I love your Christmas one for the challenge, I have yet to make any. I know the challenge is over, but I still want to get them made for my stash! You have me intrigued about the DI's, can't wait to see what you know! lol Hugs, Brenda

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful idea to frame your Joy to the World card and love the touches of color too!
Great brusho background on that tag. Love the patterned border in the next card also! Love that cute dog image too, very sweet!
You captured that sunset so nicely, I feel the same way about sunrise and sunsets, those quiet times of the day are great times to speak to our Lord!

craftyani said...

Absolutely stunning cards. I always know I can read some encouraging words on your page. Anickoana #6

Whisper said...

WOW what a stunning & thanks for joining in Mays Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam x

loz said...

Beautiful card and colour Shaz.. The other cards are gorgeous..loz

Mervi said...

Lovely creations.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Vintage Challenge;-))m

Kelly said...

Beautiful cards and I love the last shot. Very colorful. I hear you on the expensive teeth. But I'm glad have them... most days :-) Still find I eat some things easier without them all together. Creative Blessings! Kelly #36

Maura said...

Wow! you have been busy! Love the beautiful variety of cards you've made! xx Maura

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, sorry I'm late. I seem to be apologising for this on a regular basis at the moment. Loving your ATCs and the cards too. Happy crafty belated woyww, Angela x21x

sandra de said...

Hi aha, your beautiful card and ATC arrived on Friday. Thank you a lovely addition to my collection of woyww act's over the years.
sandra de

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous photo Shaz, it must be a wonderful spot for contemplative walks. The cards are so beautiful too, great use of colours and textures.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, sorry to be so late but what's new - it seems I'm like the cow's tail, always behind! In fact, I think I've been neglecting you recently, so apologies for that ... it isn't intended, it's just life getting in the way of commenting. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and looking at your beautiful cards. Making use of the unintentional embossing was such a good idea and the resultant card is a beauty. As usual, I love the Aussie shot -stunning sunset. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Elizabeth x #33

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, I'm back again with my GD hat on... some gorgeous cards and wonderful uses for those snippets, thank you for coming to play in Snippets Playground... good luck in the draw... have a wonderful week... Megan GD

Claire said...

You've created some gorgeous cards, all different but equal in style and design x

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz what a lot of gorgeous cards and what wonderful places they will be going! I always love seeing the How to photos too!Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

Debbie Rock said...

Have sent you an email Shaz ... hope it reaches you as I was not sure of your address. Much love, Debbie (tatteredrocks) xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...