Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 10 May 2017

WOYWW + Brayer Brusho Window Screen Card

Hi everyone, as the days are rushing past in May.... 'tis Wednesday, again!
Here's my desky share for WOYWW or What is on your Workdesk Wednesday (pop over to Julia's and please join in, too!).
This is current desk, taken last night, some piles at front and left, etc. left over from cardmaking. The brusho die cut in centre is from cards below, as is the MB Chloe die, to left is clear bag with some atcs, etc. from previous WOYWW swaps, so am hoping from inspiration from them :D figured better start thinking atcs!!
Desk about ten days ago.. just been reorganising .. see that lovely set owl shaped of drawers (at rear left, on top of narrow drawer set)? Had picked it up very reasonably, so shortened width of home made shelf, which was all across the back previously (its made of cardboard covered with paper, easy to adapt).

Back on WOYWW desk here I was working on this card.. it is using a Tattered Lace die, a freebie on one of their magazines. I find their dies very expensive here, so only have two freebies from magazines. Base card was made with Brick pattern Tim Holtz EF, inked before embossing with DI Antique linen. the die cuts are cut out of brayered brusho sheet (technique here). It has glimmer from Iridescent medium, which I used when brayering. You can just see some of glimmer sheen on image below...
The finished card .. now safely arrived in France!
Assembled two window frames, attached under the brick card.
Put DP under the window screen to suit it, inked it up with some suitable inks. HB die cut is my
favourite " Happy Birthday " Die by Elizabeth Crafts
Added some flowers with MS Hydrangea punch + leaves from Sizzix die cut. Coloured the flowers with inks and glimmer mist for shine ..added some bling. Very fine lacey scalloped edge is a Nellie Snellen Ribbon die set.

Now to the Aussie pickies .. here is my friend, a cheery Willie wagtail.. when i walk to creek he's there near water's edge most days, he's such a funny fellow, and chatters away as you walk by.. and I chatter back.. sometimes ;) was also a blue kingfisher, and they used to be together always, but dont see it anymore or the blue wrens, their habitat was partly destroyed by high seas some time back. I still hear the wrens so they haven't gone far just into denser scrub.
Below is one of the many lovely sunsets we are enjoying in the late Autumn evenings.
Happy WOYWW, everyone! 
If you pop back in twenty four hours I am posting a brand new technique to me of double embossed vellum, as this month's Guest artist for "Inspired by Stamping". ..
May God bless your day .. where every you maybe, and thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat, you really do cheer my heart!
Shaz in Oz.x


"..we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations." Psalm 79:13



Linking card over to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
2. Simon Says Monday challenge "Its a Frame Up" - http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=8961 

23 comments:

Betsy said...

oh my Shaz!! This is such a beautiful card and in my favorite colors. I love those windows. So intricate and lacy. Your owl drawers are very nice too. I would imagine you have a lot of little things that need to be stored away. Thank you for the Aussie pics. I can just imagine you chattering away with the birds as you walk by. It made me smile. Thank you for your prayers my sweet sister. They mean more than you can imagine. I'm trying to keep up with all of the exercises the physical therapist is giving me and have started taking calcium supplements to try to build up the bones. I know that our Lord will heal me in His time. Have a lovely Day my friend.
Blessings Betsy

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely card and that is a beautiful die! Worth the magazine subscription! I hope you are doing really well this week, take care!

Mrs A. said...

You may only have one or two of their dies but you have put this one to such good use. I love the lattice windows along with the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card!! Love the elegant window and the sweet flowers! Great embossed background, too! The clousure of the window is a lovely detail, too!

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is absolutely beautiful! LOVE your overall design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

loz said...

Gorgeous die and card Shaz. beautiful photos..loz

Neet said...

Another fab card from the desk of dear Shaz in Oz. Lovely owl containers too.
Thanks for the view of the sunset and your friend the Wagtail.
Hope you and yours are well.
God Bless, Neet 1 xx

Bubbles said...

Aw... wagtails are cute! :)
Love the colours you used on the card - and the texture effects are beautiful!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Bubbles (PatchworkApples) #13
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-414.html

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow, great card and a great Brusho technique. I haven't tried that one before so thanks for sharing. Sarah#25

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, lovely card. Always nice to see your Aussie photos, and yes that sunset is gorgeous. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxXx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lots of lovely things to gaze at on your desk today Shaz! The card is beautiful and the die is a good one for a freebie - I bet you'll use that loads. The Willie Wagtail made me smile, it looks a cheeky thing - we have pied and grey wagtails here, there's loads down on the beach bobbing around. And I'm happy to go button shopping now, I shall tell Mr LLJ that it's ok because ShazinOz told me to ;-D
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh wow! It's so gorgeous!!! I love the colors and that fabulous gate die! Hugs, Autumn

Cara said...

Your card is stunning. Great to see your workspace and wonderful photos. Cara x

Helen said...

that lattice die is just beautiful! it makes a fantastic card. I adore your sunset photo - just amazing. Helen #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Coo, you've been busy! Love your DT work, well done. Right down to the recommendation to remember to use an anti static bag...something I always always forget with vellum! Your desk seems spacious...I love the little owl drawers!

Lindart said...

Love the window card! And the beautiful water views! Give Willie a chatter for me next time you see him! Thanks for your visit, sorry I'm so late! Lindart#37

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the colors, not only in the window but your lovely flowers too! I do love the shimmer on it! The sunset is just beautiful.
I agree the Tattered Lace dies are on the expensive side here in the states also, probably because of all the detail in them.

Andrea said...

sorry for late visit Shaz having ongoing issues with PC / the internet...keeps freezing and cutting out! what a beautiful card. I don't have any tattered lace dies Other than tiny ones I got in a lucky dip type purchase. I do love flowers and you can never have too many of those. as always thank you for the beautiful photos I love watching birds..get some little visitors in my garden. I'm loving your sunset too looks so tranquil. I do hope you have a lovely weekend crafty hugs Andrea #4

Angie said...

That card is beautiful! Love seeing your pictures too. Thanks for coming by!
Angie #30

Twiglet said...

Such a lovely card Shaz and the last photo is so serene and peaceful - thanks for sharing.x Jo

laurie said...

Beautiful card! So elegant...love the purple.Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I Shaz, looks like I'm on catch-up this week. Wish you could pop round to mine, I would love to have a crafty friend as no-one I know is interested in the kind of stuff we like to do. That's a great transformation, I love a clean desk but it just doesn't happen very often. Lovely card too, gorgeous colour on the door. Have a great crafty weekend and a happy belated woyww, Angela x16x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card...love those gorgeous ornate frames...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...