Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 24 May 2017

WOYWW 416 = 8 years today + Romanian Cards etc.

{Special thoughts and prayers for Manchester. 🙏🏻 ❤️
  I have family who live there .. they were away from town at time mercifully, but I have been praying for all who have suffered through this cruel, senseless act.}   
 Hi everyone, as the days are rushing past in May.... and it's WOYWW 8
- aka 416th week of WOYWW!!!

 Boy, is that a lot of weeks.Was 8 months late starting for WOYWW, (as before I blogged) + other reasons I've managed *208 of them!!
(**EDIT: used numbering labels on my blog sidebar - I didn't actually count them!)

This is a wee homage to WOYWW, these items are always on my desk someplace, the first item is the PiF of my first WOYWW anniversary in 2011, made by a very dear friend and clever one too, Jozarty. It has many exquisite elements on it, including an enameled WOYWW key chain. I have two ATCs made by Jo (aka Twiglet) and as they're dumfing (which is my utter fav. technique) they're usually on my desk someplace + my usual WOYWW sign + two rascally monkeys, one wearing the WOYWW badge. I took that badge all way on visit to UK, then forgot to take it on the day I was meeting WOYWWers in Manchester - Neet, Jozarty, Donna Doone, and Anne :D
Desk this morning.. mid stream on number of things .. as it is now after 7pm this was hours ago. I have finished the two cards and will share. (I am struggling a little to keep up with things at the moment.. for several reasons mainly family commitments-> tiredness from this. However, I love helping my family and wouldn't swap, they're priority. But it means for last ten months I  have struggled to keep up commenting, so am bad blogger in reciprocating. I am sorry.)
Am making the Romanian cards, still, making 12 for a missionary in Romania. Loved the effect of the inking of embossed sheets here .. great fun!
Inking up embossing folder Sue Wilson Pinpoint Embossing folder Ocean waves. Love size of this ... its 5.5" x &.5" from memory, but being bigger than 5 x 7" you can emboss the whole front of a 5 x 7 card, which you cant with most 5 x 7'', so annoying.
Black card stock, embossed added inks shown, mostly the Oplalite with touches of Sky Blue Brilliance.
Completed card. I did google search for bible verses they use. Copied and pasted these into word doc. overlaying it on image.
La Mulți Ani! = happy birthday etc.

The painting is a famous Romanian one according to Google. ;) amazing sheen on this ..
Psalm 34:6: 
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
Embossalicious Folder swirls, with ribbon die by Nellie Snellen on side of ribbon, Scallop Labels Spellbinder, you cant see it but image is sprayed with Frost shimmer mist.. love sheen and sparkle!
Verse Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, lean not to thine own understanding."
Embossalicious sswirls again, blue card with Blue Opalite,  lace + pearls across bottom, printed verse on a frame (+one above) from Ginny Maxam of Maxam Made.
Verse is Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
Last week I picked the home grown pineapple ... see below - we cut it up, weighed (365g, not skin etc) and wow, might not be biggest BUT was it the sweetest pineapple ever!! sorry none left :D
Today we went for a drive, about twenty mins south. .. it was one glorious day the LORD gave us .. 28c and sat eating icecreams (Weiss Mango Macadamia - YUM!) in car and balmy 28c enjoying fresh summer-like air from open car windows. This is second view and one below is first stop.
Happy WOYWW8, everyone
If you pop back in twelve hours time, I am posting a second GDT card, as this month's Guest artist for "Inspired by Stamping"..
May God bless your day .. where every you maybe, and thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat, you really do cheer my heart!
Shaz in Oz.x
Linking card over to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 
2. Simon Says Wednesday challenge - a little bit of Sparkle - second card- shimmer sparkle of frosted shimmer spray on iamge and also flower, was coloured and sprayed with mist too.
3.Allsorts Challenge Blog - Birthday - the second card is a birthday card.


39 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 8th Anniversary lovely gal! I don't know how many WOYWWs I've joined in, shall have to find out. I loved the peek at all your WOYWW goodies, it's so lovely to swap with friends. I've received a RAK this week, have absolutely no idea who it's from but I love it!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xx

Annie said...

Good morning my friend and a very happy 8th year anniversary. What a wonderful group we are part of.
Thanks for all your visits and for all your lovely comments.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

LilArtsyWoman said...

How wonderful to view your projects. They are all lovely and Happy 8th to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 8th Birthday WOYWW. Perhaps I will add up how many weeks I have taken part in, but perhaps not! So many lovely things on your desk, and your cards are stunning as ever. I will be sending one of my ATCs to you, so please email your postal address to teddybob@live.co.uk Ali x #30

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, some gorgeous cards here. You always inspire me with what you make. That embossing folder and the Opalite ink is absolutely beautiful. Have a lovely week, Love & Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Unknown said...

happy Anniversary Shaz, I always love to pay you a visit on a wednesday I look forward to many more visits in the future, Doone @ 23

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy 8th anniversary. I've been joining in for less than 2 years, so you are positively 1st generation in comparison. Lovely embossed backgrounds on those cards. Sarah #27

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. Happy 8th WOYWW anniversary. What lovely cards - so much your very own style. Well done. Thanks for the visit - My brother and I are happy to be praying Father God will take my dad home. He is 96 now, in a home, well into dementia, and is now beginning to sleep most of the time. He has been a Christian since his teenage years - so I'm sure his mansion must be ready for him!! When I visited last Saturday he never woke properly the whole time I was there - didn't have a conversation at all. It was as though he was on auto pilot - when the carer told him there was a cup of tea for him, he simply picked it up and drank it without opening his eyes!
Take care dear girl. God bless.
Margaret #5

Cara said...

Looks like you've been very busy! Glad to hear that the pineapple was gorgeous.great to see the love being shared in these dark times. Cara x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was wonderful to visit you again. It's been far too long. I always love seeing the monkeys on your desk and the WOYWW sign.

You always make the most impressive cards. They are absolutely STUNNING. And I was also impressed by the size of that huge pineapple. I planted the top of one a couple of years ago. It rooted and grew for awhile, but died in my cold house in the winter. Happy 8th Anniversary from # 1.

Helen said...

I don't know how many desks I've participated in... didn't always label my posts. it's lot though! Your desk today looks great with all those PIFs an swaps. Love the photos from Oz too. Happy WOYWW #2 Helen

Plush Possum Studio said...

Thoughts and prayers for all who've been affected by the events inManchester this past Monday.
Happy 8th to you!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden #50

Bubbles said...

Do you use an embossing plate with your folders? The impressions are excellent :)
Beautiful artwork - as always :)

Bubbles #36
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-416.html

Stacy Sheldon said...

ooh I think I "need" a waves embossing folder that looks super and so do the shots of your trip :) ~Stacy #42

Sharon said...

Lovely cards! Glad you got to eat your wonderful pineapple. Looks like a lovely trip you too.

Happy WOYWW anniversary
Sharon K #37

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy WOYWWs Anniversary :) Love so much your three romanian cards, such great embossing and inking!
Your own pinapple looks big and soooo yummy!:) Fabulous places on your shots!

Kathleen said...

Congrats on the 8th WOYWW, some fabulous creations and a super desk.

Kath x

SewPaperPaint said...

What a milestone for this very fun prompt! Love your beautiful makes on the desk and that amazing pineapple! How cool that you grew it yourself?! Hugs, Autumn

Kim said...

Happy 8th Anniversary!I love all the items on your desk and all your cards. Have a great week.
-K #39/40

April said...

That pineapple looks yummy. Happy WOYWW.
April #34

Natalie said...

What a blessing for the missionary receiving these! Grace and peace to you! Appreciate you sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

lisa said...

Happy 8th Anniversary, Shaz. It's been a real joy getting to know you and your beautiful part of the world over the years. We have the same temperature as you for once this week. It's been the warmest May since 1945 here apparently.I'm certainly enjoying the sunshine!!
Have a good week.
Hugs Lisax #26

Conniecrafter said...

The cards are wonderful, so special to have done the verses in their language, how special for them, love the coloring of the embossing folders, that always adds so much to the card!
Yes family takes over much time but that's what is most important. Glad you enjoyed such lovely day out!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy belated 8th WOYWW Anniversary. I'm a bit late as I have had a busy couple of days. It looks like you've been busy too, so much going on. Lovely cards. Thanks for the visit to mine. Have a great woyww week and happy crafting, Angela x17x

Lindart said...

Yum - that pineapple looks awesome! I love the way you stamped the background in blue on the black, looks really nice! Happy 8th WOYWW! Lindart #51

brenda said...

It's lovely to see you at Allsorts 8th Birthday celebrations Shaz, thank you so much for joining in with your lovely creations. And patience paid off with your pineapple, can almost taste it.

B x

Christine said...

Happy WOYWW!
I could do with some of those balmy breezes here .... it is 28C here and I have a head cold!!! What a time to get a cold ....
I am drinking pineapple juice, refreshing but to pick one!! I remember picking green oranges in Nigeria ..... wonderful!
Have a good week
Christine #22

Karen Letchworth said...

You make and share such wonderful cards, Shaz. Thank you so much for being such a blessing to me and so supportive of WAW, our ministry and challenges.Thanks so much for stopping by to share your sweet card with us. I love to have you play along and share your talents. Have a blessed week, and please be sure to join us again soon.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Anne said...

Hi there, Always lots of lovely interesting things to see and read about on your blog. Wanted to pop and say hi on this special 8th anniversary. Thanks for visiting me as well, much appreciated. Anne #24

Dorlene Durham said...

What fun WOYWW momentos, your cards are lovely as usual. You did a wonderful of researching for those. Happy Anniversary. Dorlene #49

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards and great pictures too.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 8th Birthday challenge and good luck x Susan x

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Shaz - love the inked/embossed backgrounds! Love your desk with all it's monkeys and bits and bobs - mine is currently plain chaotic at the moment as I am in the middle of a large (A4) card that has been commissioned.
Good to see you here, precious sister.
Blessings
Maxine

sandra de said...

Hi shaz, even though it has taken me ages to stop by and say hello I have popped an act in the mail. Lovely kingfisher card in your latest post. Have a beautiful week in your gorgeous part of the world.
sandra de @28

loz said...

Happy Anniversary Shaz. Your cards are fabulous and the pineapple looks Yummy..Loz

Neet said...

Love those Romanian cards you have made. What beautiful pictures, I do like the scenic one especially.
Sorry to hear you are so tired y friend, but as you say family are precious and we have to do what we can, pushing that extra mile when necessary.
Yes, we have a lot of memories from over the years of WOYWW and friendships. I feel so privileged that I got to meet up with you in person and still remember standing outside Boots the Chemists where we had arranged to meet. A lovely day and one which I will never forget.
Thank you Shaz for being my friend,
Thanks for visiting me and Happy 8th Anniversary - Hugs, Neet xx

Cobnut Crafter said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for visiting my blog and directing me to this verson of the pinpoint Ocean Waves background. Brilliant - so vibrant and love the Opalite ink you have used. I haven't come across these in the UK so must have a search around and see if I can find them. Isn't it frustrating when you something overseas and can't get your hands on it in home country? Love your scenery photos - keep well, Anne x

Pia S said...

Such pretty cards. I really like how the blue, embossed background turned out. I can see this ef as great for using for underwater scenes as well, so many possibilities with this one...

Julia Dunnit said...

Really fab cards Shaz. It's Sunday night here, so I'm fully aware of how commitments keep you from things, you really mustn't t worry about it, all of us just do the best we can, don't we! The Weiss mango sounds good...but not as good as a balmy 28 degree day for autumn. It's been 'hot' here these past few days, top temp was 25 and we're all talking heatwave!! It's lovely though, so good for the spirit. I love the collection of WOYWW memorabilia, it's a nice pic to see, makes the eight years quite tangible!!

Marit said...

I didn't have acces to a computer last couple of days so I'm very, VERY late visiting desks and celebrating the 8th anniversary... anyway, here I am and wowzah, so much to see and read on your blog! The cards are very nice and the photo of the pineapple makes me drool... I will have to see if they sell them here already (I think so... after all, it's the time to have them in store...) Thanks for visiting my blog last week, it's so nice to be part of this lovely group of crafters. Hooray, hooray and on to another year of 'desking' and crafting! Hug from Holland, Marit #29

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...