Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 22 May 2019

What is Your Own Workdesk Wednesday TENTH Anniversary

Hi there everyone! 
Great celebrations today! Week 520 of WOYWW!
 WOYWW 10 - What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday
In the land of Blog, there is a hop called WOYWW,
For running it, our Head Desker, Julia, must take a bow,
All over the world she gathers desks all in a row,
And thereupon we Bloggers our work we do show.
It’s our tenth anniversary which has come upon us now,
So let’s all join together to celebrate our Tenth WOYWW!
Huge Congratulations dear Julia, and to also to Lunch Lady Jan who ably aided her in the wings .. So to check out desks elsewhere.. see our Queen Julia of WOYWW, Over Here! To my desk!
As you can see there is some inkiness going on. Revisited the Distress Ink on Gloss card technique shown back here! A really great technique, you smooch the inks in selection of colours that go together. 
HINTS - it faded somewhat, once dried. I decided to try usual colour pop technique with oxides and sprayed it with good hair spray.
YES! it popped colour beautifully. Also may set chalks with it, but cheap hair spray is tacky so don’t use it.. (wonder how I know?). 
Another tip is you can reactivate copies of inky gloss card, if not happy with random inking, a light spritz of water and redo. If don’t spritz it doesn’t work.

I’d done that with some of these.
Here’s today’s desk with ATC assembly line starting, I’ve inky limited number because my leg decided not to heal well. On Sat, found wound had opened up in two places, so I had to fix it it up, to rest and rest. I cheated on WOYWW 10.. printed it on printer upon taped on snippets of card on sheet of paper.
Printed template on copy paper then taped colours on right spot to reprint copy. Was able to heat emboss them as gloss card. Loved that!
Here is the card I’ve made with ATC hidden for PiF for Our Tenth Anniversary. I’ve joined  WOYWW on  first Wednesday in 2011. Didn’t blog when WOYWW began - in fact didn’t discover blogs till March 2010. First blog post was on palindrome date of 01.11.10... totally unplanned. 😊 The inked stamp on this card is a poppy stamp by Artneko which don’t exist any more sadly.
Our Aussie shots are take this week, but not on walk, stopped the car on way back from post office, at our creek.
This beautiful palm is a coastal favourite of mine, only palm I really like.  It’s a Pandanus and to me it means where I live - we used to call them Breadfruit Trees when we were young. They’re sadly threatened by decimation from a native leaf hopper which is killing them up on Gold Coast.
This is a lovely golden banksia I had one of these in my yard but didn’t survive, sadly yet not dissimilar spot. So pretty.
And then the sunset views. That’s all from me everyone.
TEN WOYWW’s – indeed WOW!
Congratulations Julia & WOYWWers the world over! 
HAPPY WOYWW 10!!
 May God bless your day wherever you maybe, and thanks for popping over especially if you’ve time to say hi!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x 
“This is The day that the Lord hath made, we will be glad and rejoice in it”. Psalm 118:24

I’d like to also join up with:
1. Word Art Wednesday 
2.

31 comments:

Neet said...

Can see why that is your favourite palm tree and that golden banksia looks lovely as does the sunset.
Didn't know Artneko was no more - think I have that poppy somewhere. It has made a beautiful atc for you to swap.
Thanks for the info on AI's. I really must have a play with mine and get that new Lift off ink pad out and give it a try - will probably have to look up what to do with it now.
Take are my lovely and rest that leg. You really must take care of it, you don't want it to turn into an ulcer or something nasty like that.
God Bless
Neet 18 xx

kiwimeskreations said...

So sorry to hear that your leg is not healing well Shaz - rest up and be good ;-).
Love your card and ATC, and what fun backgrounds - I must ry that technique soon, as the pressure for cards for birthdays os ff for me over the next few months.
Blessings and prayer for healing
Maxine

Marit said...

Happy anniversary, so glad we 'meet' almost every Wednesday. I feel blessed to be part of this crafty, creative, nice and supporting online tribe and I love visiting you to see what you're up too... always so talented with the inks! Enjoy your day! Hugs and kisses from the Netherlands. Marit #17

sandra de said...

Hello Shaz, always lovely to see a pic of your beautiful part of OZ. Even though I don't blog every week it is always lovely to pop back occasionally and be welcomed and to catch up IRL. Have a lovely week
sandra de @33

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love palm trees. Sadly they would die where I live. Yours is amazing and SO different from most I have seen.

That was NOT cheating with your ATCs. I printed everything on mine. I am NOT much of a stamper. You, on the other hand, make great art and beautiful backgrounds. Happy 10th from # 4.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm sorry to hear about your leg Shaz, we just don't heal as well nowadays. Rest up and take your time to get it properly mended. At least you've been doing crafting this week which is more than I have! Must pull my finger out.....
Thanks for all the friendship and lovely comments over the years.
Happy 10th WOYWW!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, I hope your leg heals soon, everything takes longer as we get older, doesn't it? Lovely card & ATC. I do like the DI's on Glossy, must give that a try. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I hope you are resting well Shaz we need it to heal asap so don't get over doing it now. Love those techniques used, it's so much fun finding ways to make marks and see how those effects can be changed. Fabulous ATC card for the WoywW 10th Anniversary. Wishing you a blessed week Shaz and take good care.
Hugs Tracey #9
P.S That really is a magnificent palm!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Super ATC and lovely exotic shots from down under! Hope your leg gets better soon, Shaz! Happy anniversary! zsuzsa #26

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sorry for your legs, Shaz, get better soon!
Lovely ATCS and photos!
Happy WoywW Anniversary! :D
Hugs

Conniecrafter said...

So sorry to hear your leg is not healing well, I hope the rest will get you back on track to good healing. Pretty backgrounds for you ATC's.
That palm tree is beautiful, so sad it is threatened, there are Ash trees over here that are infected and had to be cut down to stop the infestation they had, it is so sad to see them go.

Annie said...

My plan is to get round everyone today to wish them a very happy 10th anniversary and to thank you for your friendship and lovely comments over the years.
So sorry to hear about your leg my friend. Really hope it heals soon for you.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Betsy said...

Good morning my sweet friend. I'm so sorry to read that your leg isn't healing properly. I have been, and will continue to pray for you. Your cards are all beautiful and I love the purples and pinks.
The breakfruit tree is very pretty and I'm saddened to hear that they are struggling to survive. I'm so glad that we've been albe to get to know each other through the wonder of the internet.
Blessings,
Betsy

LilArtsyWoman said...

An awesome, beautiful ATC.

Caro said...

Lovely Palm tree and gorgeous ATC. Sorry to hear you are not healing well. I will pray for you. Happy 10 year WOYWW anniversary. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz, Ooh I hope the healing starts speeding up soon! and its always such a thrill to me when people post their gardens and plants and things since its usually so different than what we see around here :) Happy Anniversary! ~Stacy #37

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's a shame about Artneko, I have a few of their stamps but can't say as I ever saw many in the UK. You really must take care with the leg, I don't like the thought of you suffering for so long. The photographs are lovely, both the plants and the views. Wishing you a lovely woyww and a happy creative week with hugs, Angela x19X

Diana Taylor said...

Beautiful photos of where you live - what a magnificent palm, I can see why it's your favourite.
So sorry to hear your leg hasn't healed, I hope it soon starts getting better - sending healing thoughts your way.
Hugs,
Diana xx #22

Helen said...

that's a great poem! hope your leg plays nicely now and heals! Great desk and Oz pics. Thanks for your visit. Helen #1 Happy WOYWW

Twiglet said...

Take it easy and make sure that leg heals well and quickly! Happy 10th anniversary! xx Jo

Dorlene Durham said...

Take care of yourself and your leg. Good thing our hobby is a sitting down one. Happy 10 year WOYWW anniversary. Dorlene #39

Debbie Rock said...

Happy 10th WOYWW to you Shaz! Hope you leg does not get any worse ... easy to say but try and rest it all you can. I have to admit that swishing and swooshing of distress inks is just my most favourite thing to do and the first time I saw Tim Holtz demo it was life changing! Always my "go-to" most used technique. Love to you from Debbie #25 xXx

My name is Cindy said...

Hiya Shaz! Lovely ATC - and that palm tree is ace as well! I did not know that about he hairspray and the oxides, TFS. Happy 10th Anniversary, Cindy #44

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, Happy WOYWW 10th anniversary. Lovely palm tree - I think I would drive just to see it! Thanks for stopping by earlier, I am enjoying all the colouring practice - mind you, I've always liked colouring. I'm really pleased I met you too last year - my first Crop, and you were soecial guest! Have a lovely week Heather x #30

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy 10th WOYWW birthday Shaz. I do hope your leg heals up soon, it must be most frustrating. Lovely inky backgrounds. Thanks for the tips. Sarah #3

Glenda said...

I always love to visit because your desk is so interesting and the photos of the landscape in your part of the world just are amazing. Such beauty; you are indeed fortunate to live where you do!
Glenda #32

Robyn said...

Happy 10th! never knew you were a poet too! guess it goes with all that time with a pen in hand.
robyn 6

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz - Happy 10th anniversary - Couldn't comment yesterday as blogger wasn't letting me - bah humbug! - so am trying to get around a few today whilst at least google and blogger are working!!!
Some great Aussie shots today - the Banksia is gorgeous. Having been away for four weeks I have missed what is the matter with your leg - doesn't sound nice... trust it will heal soon.
Well, you did all the gadding about last year - and this year I'm taking time out and visiting lots of places. Teehee - it's proving fun!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Shaz you are clever, what a great rhyme! It’s very hard to believe that ten years have passed in a weekly way....as I’ve said to everybody really, the congratulations are absolutely mutual for there’s no desk hopping without contributors! I love the backgrounds you’ve made. It’s a strange phenomenon of gloss card that the ink fades to that slightly chalky finish, you wouldn’t think that gloss coated card could do that. Really strange. Not awful though, specially with such lovely vibrant colour mixes. I don’t think it’s cheating to print the WOYWW stuff, genius way to find the position on the sheet! Never seen a golden banksia before, it’s a lovely example. Frustrating what will and won’t thrive in similar conditions.beautiful pics, as always. Xxxx

loz said...

Gorgeous card and ATC Shaz..Loz

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary, Shaz! Thank you so much for bringing me to this lovely group of folks. I so enjoy being here. I already have you on my list to get an ATC. ;-) I hope to mail on Friday. Creative Blessings! Kelly #35

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...