Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 12 June 2019

Tin Tin Pop up Slider Card +Snippets + WOYWW

Yes, somehow  it’s Wednesday again.. and time for WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday.
Pop over to Julia’s Stamping Ground to check out all the best crafty desks .. you learn soo much!
My desk today, kind of cleared as just finished a couple of cards, on right is my new cutter. New mini guillotine. I’m an old chalkie as we say here, or schoolie or teacher. We used guillotines so as crafter I love guillotines. One I had was Kaisercraft and ten years old, just wasn’t as good as it was so been looking for ages for new one. Till saw this one (Crafters’ Companion Mini Guillotine), I’d not found one in my price range that was real quality. I bought it for cutting technique, not scoring part as love my Martha Stewart board. 
See video demo here (ignore sales pitch, listen to facts 😊). Selling of other items helped pay for this and my new craft machine, which is such a blessing. Very grateful.
My desk on 15th May looked like this:
I was in midst of card for Daniel in France, he has received card so can share it here now.
It was a pop up slider card (for “How To” details see HERE on this blog post). Used for this one Tin Tin, we’d watched Tin Tin video together at his lovely French farmhouse last Aug. The part on my scoringboard was the slider action for the card and also the colouring of Penny black floral piece I’d stamped out. Sharing both cards here.
First to the Tin Tin card.. must admit these slider cards really work for these cartoon images ... they’re so much fun.
Image courtesy of Google again. Mostly hand cut except CCD pierced rectangle for image background. Wanted to 3D image but ran out of time. It takes a month to get to France from here.
Second card is with the Penny Black Stamp Floral Bouquet multi stamped shared back here. At the time I was not happy with first card I made. I worked out issue in my mind! It was yellow roses on that card, plus didn’t like whiteness of background card. I changed it since then and now happy with it. Here my new version with this stamp .. quite different as you’ll see.
Used SB divine Eloquence centre die for Sweet n Sassy “Wait on Lord” Stamp (actually has typo on it 😐). Lace is ODB Lace border. Colours on stamped floral are with DI and colours intensified with Tombows.
They really made it pop. Cardstock is disc. variety.
Took few Aussie photos today on way home. Our days are glorious and those winter crystal clear lights in sky are evident in these two pickies. Second image if scroll in has a surfer catching a wave as this is good break for surfing.. 
Well, that’s all for today. It’s late here again, as our Wed is nearly over, never seem to be organised but better bit late than not at all.
Happy WOYWW and may the Lord God richly bless you wherever you maybe.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x
Blessings from God’s Word:
How the Lord understands.. when no one else. What a comfort this is, never alone! He's only a prayer away. 
Our Refuge and Strength as David says. 


Joining up with:
1. Snippets playground. Lots of snippets on PB card. 
2. http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2019/06/pbsc-june-anything-goesoptional-partial.html Optional partial image which way used PB Floral Bouquet, with watercolour paper stamping.
3. 
4. Also linking up with Word Art Wednesday. http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2019/06/anything-goes-390-391.html?m=1 Both cards have been linked.. for Anything Goes.
5. Cuttlebug Mania  
http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.com/2019/06/tic-tac-toe.html?m=1 Tic Tac Toe used top line on Tin Tin card Sentiment, Image and Die cut.

33 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Brilliant cards Shaz, the slider does work well with the Tin Tin image! Lovely sea pics too, Gordon and I walked down to our harbour and beach on Monday in glorious weather (while the rest of the UK was having a deluge), sat and watched the tide coming in and wondered why we need to go elsewhere!
Hope your leg is continuing to heal well,
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

sandra de said...

Stunning cards Shaz and you manage to create something different overtime. Gorgeous pics of the surf.
sandra de @25

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards Shaz - you amaze me with the techniques you try and the finesse you achieve, especially on the 80th card!
Blessings
Maxine

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, lovely cards. Not tried a slider, must give it a go. Love the colours in the roses card.Lovely dies you've used. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

Glenda said...

I love all the beautiful cards! Also your photographs of the water just makes me so happy!
Happy WOYWW
Glenda #24

Annie said...

Love the cards Shaz and really hope your leg is continuing to heal well now.
Hugs
Annie x #15

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Beautiful, intricate cards and stunning scenery! Love the staging of your photos as well and I'm a bit envious of your clean desk - mine's long overdue for a clean-up! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa #20

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wonderful cards and lovely photos!

Neet said...

Lovely cards Shaz - I especially like the Tin Tin one which I m sure your nephew will love very much. You always finish your cards off so nicely.
Those pictures of the ocean are fabulous I could almost hear the waves crashing. How I wish I could have a day at the water.
You don't mention your leg, do hope and pray that it is starting to heal, it is taking a long time but it looks as if you can now put some weight on it - can you?
I went to a different doctor about my swollen legs yesterday. He acted so quickly. This morning he rang and he had already spoken to Cardiology as he thinks it is my heart causing the problem and we now have a three point plan in action. Praying it will work with the first one. But if not there are two other plans to try.
If only they could sort out this back pain!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Di said...

Wonderful cards Shaz - especially the slider one. It looks like an easel card to me but I bet there's a clever secret! Hope you're doing well and avoiding any unknown meds! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Must admit
I am old school too and much prefer to use a guillotine for cutting. I have my big sturdy one and a mini lightweight one that
I have just bought and pleased with. I love your Rin Tin Tin card . Took me back a good few years. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do not believe I have ever made a slider card, your making me want to try now Shaz. What a super Tin Tin image, not seen him before either. Perfect for the occasion. I love the sentiment on your second. Hope you are keeping well Shaz? I have been away so have missed so much.
Sending Blessings your way & Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #3

Betsy said...

Good Morning Shaz! I think your slider card is brilliant. As always. God surely blessed you with a wonderful talent for making cards that make people happy to see...even when the card isn't for them. :-)
The ocean photos are stunning. That sky! It declares His handiwork for all to see.
I'm keeping you in my prayers daily for healing. I'm looking forward to reading soon that you can walk freely again. I thank you for your faithful prayers on my behalf. Our family in Christ is such a blessing.
Blessings,
Betsy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also have a guillotine cutter, but mine is very old school. I have a friend who bought one of those mini cutters and she loves it. I find mine doesn't always cut exactly straight, but it beats the Fiskars I have that I can't seem to figure out how to use.

Beautiful cards today and lovely photos from your lovely area. Happy WOYWW from # 8.

Caro said...

Both of those cards are simply gorgeous. Love the photos of the sea and bright skies - it is chucking it down with rain here and I could really do with some sun. How is your leg? I hope it is finally improving. Happy WOYWW. with love & God Bless. Caro (#19) xxx

Helen said...

that's a great card with Tin Tin (no Rin here on his name, lol) I keep looking at a proper guillotine in a local stationer but can't make my mind up.. my brother beat me to my Dad's one that I had my eye on lol!! Fabuylous cards and stunning Oz shots. Like Neet, I hope your leg is improving. Helen #9

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two fab cards, Shaz, both brilliant! Love the cute and fun characters of the slider card, and such gorgeous feel for the second one!
Hugs!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great cards Shaz and lovely photos too. Happy woyww and wishing you a lovely crafty week, Angela x13x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the dark blue embossing in front of that pretty paper on the second card Shaz. The Tin Tin card must have gone down well. Glad you are getting on with the new guillotine. Miserable weather here so I really enjoyed the Aussie photos. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Twiglet said...

Lovely cards Shaz and super sea pictures - always so calming to look at. xx Jo

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, sorry for the late visit. Love the Tin Tin card - I think my son in law would like that one! I'll check out your new mini guillotine, as I am in need of a new one. I bought a very cheap one on eBay- and it is rubbish, so will end up as scrap metal pretty soon! Thanks for stopping by earlier - first time I have ever put together a GIF, but saved on posting individual pics or one pic and you wouldn't be able to see the cards! Have a lovely week, hugs Heather xx #12

loz said...

Fabulous Tin Tin card Shaz. The second card is so gorgeous. I had a look at the new electric machine and will be saving to buy one for my birthday..Loz

Conniecrafter said...

your tin tin card is fun, and i love how you did the second card, the gold against that dark blue is lovely, pretty flower paper with it and love the lace border!

Anne said...

Daniel is so delighted with his card, it will last a lifetime I think! It is so well made, big, heavy and so colourful! He is a great Tintin fan! Merci bien! I really like the richness of your other card, it has a very royal look and quite rightly so! Beautiful photos, I so love the seaside but our summer has gone awol at the moment! Brrr!!!!!

pinky said...

Lovely work!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

LilArtsyWoman said...

Love your two projects and your new toy.

Lindart said...

Beautiful ocean pics, I love the ocean! Your cards are beautiful as always, the Tin Tin one is fun! I'm late getting to WOYWW, but on Saturday mornings I have a little time! Have a great week, Lindart #30

EmmaT said...

Wonderful cards, love tintin, spent many holiday summers in france watching it so lots of memories, your Christmas card is beautiful, very regal looking. Emma

MiamiKel said...

OH Tin-Tin! How delightful! I remember him as I was growing up! And I adore the paper choice you've found the original Stampin' Up - I think - that paper. So fun! Thanks for sharing! Blessings xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, no, Shaz! After you mentioned the typo on your stamp in your comment to me, I had to hunt it down over here and see. Did not even catch it when I read this post the other day. I guess it happens to the best of stamp companies, which Sweet n Sassy definitely is. Dang! And you being a teacher, I bet that goes all over you. I'm certified to teach grades K-8 Language Arts and my dad was an English teacher, so yeah, I feelz your pain, lol. xoxox

Jannie said...

What a great Tin Tin card! Love it

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Swissie said...

A wonderful Card, Shaz!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT

Paddington fan said...

Love your cards! Thank you so much for joining us over at PBSC, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope you'll join our next challenge, love Jacky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...