Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 6 April 2011

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 96

Happy WOYWW everyone!

Well, one hectic week so will be brief as I am still in middle of much ado about nothing! so here is my workdesk this morning some new stamps by Crafty Individuals newly arrived from Fat cats (see link here).

I was sent one as sample (the Damask Duck) and bought two as well - they have amazing detail and sooo gorgeous.

They are great to play with!


Here my samples are using my brayer and Big and Juicy Stamp Pad (Hydrangea) and Iridescent medium,(I dropped this on with an eye dropper in the middle of the brayering the ink pad colours) to give it that sheen..
{Note to Maggie and others: I put the drops of medium on the paper not the brayer, and it is available at any art shop which sell watercolours, (Winsor & Newton) or eBay where I bought mine very very cheaply!}




The photo does not show sheen properly but you kind of get the idea! You can also see wedding card elements on the table too, which I am supposed to be making.


For those of you wondering why we are looking at incomplete cards on desks take a peek at Julia’ s glorious blog and you will discover a whole new world  – at Julia's Stamping Ground!

May God bless you all,
Shaz in Oz. x 

35 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Wow, such lovely detailed stamps. They are going to make some lovely cards! xo

oneoff said...

Those are looking gorgeous, Shaz - love the hydrangea colour scheme, and those new stamps.

Bx

Neet said...

Love your brayering and done so well - I am brayer disfunctional. Some great images on your desk - bet you can't wait to get playing (sorry, creating) LOL
Have a nice day.
Hugs - Neet x ~17 I think

Sarah said...

These stamps from C.I. are just great - I love them and they always make fabulous pieces. Enjoy...
Thanks for sharing your space today. Have a fab week...
Sarah (sasa at 2)
www.blueboxbabe.blogspot.com

jude said...

Adore all your stamps and the inking is beauitful.Have fun thanks for show casing couple gone on my must have l;ist!getting longer ..lol
hugs judex 9

Dragon said...

Love those stamps... They do fab ones. They occasionally sponsor my challenge blog ... Have a great week
Frankie
xx

Helen said...

Love the stamps and the brayering.

Berry said...

This is stunning the colour and inking is fab! Happy WOYWW hugs Rebekah xx (63)

Neil said...

Beautiful colours! I love Crafty Individuals, they always have such wonderful images. Hope you have a blessed and creative day.

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Great stamps you've bought. Specially the one with the birds. And thanks for the tip. I gonna have a look at their site.
xFranka

Glenda said...

Well done Shaz! Love what you have done here!

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Love those stamps -everyone seems to have new stash this week. Love the wedding cards you're doing and the colours are beautifully rich. That's a great technique to get the sheen.
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (48) x

karen said...

Beautiful stamps! I have the one with the little bird postcard too! You have made beautiful cards with your stamps!
xoxo Kaz

Caroline Hallett said...

beautiful stamps. Thanks for Sharing and hope you have a happy WOYWW. Caroline (No 31 x)

Angela said...

Hi, Shaz! Drooling over my keyboard...love the postcard/chickadee set! Iridescent Medium...pretty look. Thanks for the peek today!

Angi (#129)

Chrysalis said...

Greetings to down under. What lovely stamps, Shaz - you'll really have some fun with these! xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping around and commenting on my blog Shaz! I'm loving the cards. I think I'm going to have to get myself some of that iridescent medium.... not sure where though. See you next week for WOYWW, if not before!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Well done, Shaz, those are really lovely. I have to ask, did you drop the iridescent medium on to the card or on to the brayer. Can we have a tutorial, please.

okienurse said...

Awesome stamps. I love all the details! Good job with the brayering! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #88

Trish said...

You have been busy,gorgeous detail as always

lisa said...

You're making some gorgeous cards with those Crafty Inviduals stamps, Shaz. I love the colour combo and the sheen is beautifully.
I see you have some Lily Of The Valley stamps too!!
Hugs Lisax

RosA said...

Those new stamps are lovely! And I like that brayering effect. I've never actually tried it.

hazel said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment. I love what's on your desk, I'm a big fan of Crafty Inkividuals and have quite a few of their stamps.
xxx Hazel.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks for that tip, Shaz. I must try it.

Hettie said...

All the stamps on your desk are on my wish list. I might just have to change them to my bought list! I love CI stamps. Thank you for your kind words on my blog and words of encouragement. At least this week I can get round to more desks as I am now housebound!
Hugs Sam xx

P.S. what was your answer to Maggie's question please?

voodoo vixen said...

You always choose such detailed stamps and the results are always so stunning, love the colours in these two you have just done. Annette

Angela Toucan said...

wow, gorgeous stamps and fabulous inkwork

blessings to you from Angela (#123)

Angelfish said...

I love Crafty Individuals stamps too and there are far too many on my wish list! Love the colour scheme you've chosen:)
Fiona x

Mrs A. said...

You have new Crafty Indivdual stamps? I love their stamps so I must away to investigate forwith. Thanks for tip off.Lol Hugs Mrs A.#67

Serendipity Stamping said...

A wonderful wealth of stamps. Really like the one of the ship. #114

Anonymous said...

Those are incredibly detailed stamps and I love what you've done with them, the colours are so pretty. have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Brenda 98

Dee said...

Lovely cards, especially the one with the watch, male cards need that little bit extra thinking about don't they?
Dee xx

Dee said...

Lovely colours blended together, love crafty individuals too. I struggle and become inpatient with brayering, but keep trying....

Sue from Oregon said...

Such pretty colors you used to brayer! Happy WOYWW?!

Tertia said...

Now if I had some yummy things to play with I would leave it untill the wedding cards were finished - yea right, who am I kidding? I would have a play too, especially if it ended up looking as fab as yours!
Happy very belated WOYWW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...