Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 13 April 2011

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 97

Well, here we are fellow WOYWW-ers! back at another review of work-desks on a Wednesday and for those of you who are wondering what I am muttering about - join in the fun by checking out our royal hostess'  Queen Julia's glorious blog at Julia's Stamping Ground!

Here you will see my desk is littered again. There are some completed cards to the top right. To see these and also the terrific Fat Cats Competition [with three $100 AUD vouchers to be won! -wohoo!] see here .

Also I'm playing with some glimmer mist Jazz Blue and cosmic shimmer Silver having read Brenda's Blog - Floral Fantasies and her workshop on mixing them. I ordered these two new colours to have play and I am hooked!! Thanks B.! if you want to see it look here for her helpful tutorial . I like the Cosmic shimmer better for for its high shimmer but think the Glimmer mists lighter glimmer has place too according to what you need so mixing the two is good.

The embossing folder embossed above in white is one from Fat Cats (which I have extended using my extended method to double the length - see here or sidebar labels if you dont know how to do this). A new one called Leaves & Butterflies K Kingdom Embossing folder 129, which has small embossed butterflies on it. Since I was also sent the Creatables Butterflies from Marianne I am hope to make some butterflies with the spare card I have coloured as well. I have used silver Cosmic Shimmer and Jazz Blue in Glimmer Mist.

Happy WOYWW everyone and may God bless you wherever you are..
Shaz in Oz.x

29 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Beautiful cards as always. My favourite is the top one in the maroon/pink colour. So pretty.

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards on show today.
A x

Neet said...

Some lovely work on there for us to look at and I spy one of those cut and emboss folder cards in the top. Love those folders - so handy.
Love your sprayed pieces.

lisa said...

You are very industrious Shaz. I love the colour range you get with Glimmer mists, just about every shade under the sun but they are so expensive in the UK now, the Cosmic Shimmers are a cheaper option for us and work just as well although not so many colours. I just use my GM's more sparingly!!
Brenda's tutorials are great aren't they, she is such a talented crafter.
Hugs Lisa #81

Glenda said...

Beautiful cards. Very creative workdesk today! Hope you are doing well! Have a great Wednesday!

Sue said...

Hi Shaz
lovely desk, beautiful cards, luv the embossin folder,thanks for the snoop, have good day, happy WOYWW, sue,x(10).x

sandra de said...

such gorgeous cards and great hints about the glimmermist.

Elaine Harding said...

Happy WOWWW! Lovely cards - TFS. Elaine #21

Helen said...

What lovely cards! Have a great day.

Dragon said...

Woo so many lovely cards... have a good week
Frankie
xx

Karen said...

Very creative desk Shaz and gorgeous cards.
Have a lovely Wednesday,
Karen #102

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, I'm back after being awol for a couple of weeks. Love the cards, especially the Crafty Individuals one, I LOVE their stamps. Shaz #105

Hettie said...

Lovely cards on your desk as always. Very pretty and very busy! Thanks for sharing x

Mrs A. said...

Thanks for the lovely snoop about and the tutorial info. Off to hsave a look now. No desk from me this week as in doctors surgery this morning instead with blood posioning from an insect bite at the weekend. Hugs Mrs A.

oneoff said...

What gorgeous colours! Thanks for the info on mixing glimmer mist and cosmic shimmer; sounds as though I need to try that. And some lovely cards on show as ever...

Happy WOYWWing
Bx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Very pretty cards there Shaz, once I managed to get to see them. Blogger is playing me up still.

jude said...

Some gorgeous cards on your desk this week Es[ecially love the middle one with that bird stamp.would be intertested to know what make it is?Happy WOYWW have a creative one!
hugs judex3

okienurse said...

Fun desk. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

Sarah said...

Loving the butterflies - happy WOYWW x x x

Neil said...

Hi. Great desk. Love the mbossed card with the tiny butterflies! They are fantastic dies those.
Thanks for the visit to my blog. In reply to your question, when I talk about plastic in some of my posts I generally have been referring to self adhesive metallic finish plastic that i have adhered to a sheet of card so not thick plastic! When I was up at the retreat we tried friendly plastic which worked on the bug but not tried it at home with mine!
I've used shrink plastic with my bug ok.
Have a blessed day

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks Shaz. I usually use Firefox, but I am having to use IE as well to see some people's piccies. It is driving me nuts. I think It is right at the moment.

akilli melek said...

ok you have to tell me how you do it. I bought one of the cosmic shimmers and i've only used it twice so far, every time i use it my hands end up the same colour as the bottle. I find it has quite a forceful spray as well, so end up getting quite big dollops of colour rather than a spritz effect.
love your cards
thanks for popping by earlier
caroline #49

Nicky said...

Love your cards and that butterfly die you have got another thing for my wish list x

KanataNewf said...

I see some beautiful work on your desk! Thanks for already visiting mine this week!

Happy WOYWW!

Sheena #137

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

I have recently bought a few glimmer mists and am planning to have a play too over the weekend. I will check out that tutorial you mention. Thanks
Happy Wednesday
Rebecca (84)x

Carola Bartz said...

I love to work with Glimmer Mist. I haven't tried Cosmis Shimmer yet, but perhaps I should give it a try.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wwooww,, the card you made it creative

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Louise said...

Being a writer and not a crafter I have no idea what glimmer mist Jazz Blue and cosmic shimmer Silver are. But they sound great! :)

Sorry I'm a bit late, been working on lots of projects and been on a date or two :)

Holly #14

Andria said...

Happy WOYWW, some gorgeous creations on your desk this week.
Andria #32

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...