Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 4 October 2012

Emily Elizabeth is One!

(Apologies to all WOYWW-ers or other bloggers: This is a post I did pre-op.
 I am not here this week really, as things still very blurry (in vision and in the head) after eye surgery on Tues 2.10.12 so wont be doing the rounds but really, REALLY appreciate all who kindly pop over to say hi. 
Hope and pray things back to normal soon. Addendum written Thurs 4.10.12)

Hullo there every one - those of you who have regularly followed this blog may recall last year I posted a card for Emily Elizabeth when she was born! 
 and wow! a whole year has passed and here she is ONE! They grow up so very quickly! 
Here I am inking up the punched out images with 1 1/4" EK Success square punch - using Kaleidacolor Blue breeze and sponge daubers for the edges to highlight them
Background format: (first shown to me by my friend Debbie who crafts here but sadly does not have a blog, so cannot show you her clever idea!)
 You take four punched images 3/4 inch in contrasting papers or embossed paper to make four by four checkerboard. Then ink around in matching or complementary colour and arrange in checkerboard pattern and mover them along the diagonal one each time you lay them down. 
Originally when I did this I made the embossed owl folder (Hoot Hoot by craft Concepts) in blue, but it yelled too much blue. Next tried the mauve pink and it was not enough contrast either, so went the lovely mint green.
 Used Spellbinders Fancy Labels and the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet and number. Owl is Quickutz Lifestyle OWL KS-0887 2". It was the cutest I could find on eBay. My first die like this and they are fun to make up, all the different colours, so bit fiddly! I used a rub on for the happy birthday greeting!
Thanks everyone for popping over for a peek and a chat and may God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x
I would like to enter it in:

 
PS. I suddenly remembered I thought I had a photos of Deb's card so here is it here everyone! isn't it just lovely! very different.

PPS. Woo hooo just found out this card on this post here won top three over at Craft A Scene!!!

Wow, how exciting is that!!! so funny, isn't it, a card which you think not that great (as there are bits you would like to fix) and others see past that and love it. 
Wow again, and whoopee! made my day! this is the very first time I have won an award for a card! Thanks so much!

14 comments:

brenda said...

Oh dear Shaz, sorry to hear about your op, do take care and don't push yourself, our eyes are precious.

I know I'm the last person the preach about taking things slowly, but been there with the eyes.

Your card for Emily Elizabeth is gorgeous.

B x

Di said...

Hi Shaz - beautiful cards both by yourself and your friend.

But most importantly, hope you make a good recovery from eye surgery. Brenda is right - take it easy honey, we'll still be here when you're back firing on all cylinders.

Hugs, Di xx

Jenny Marples said...

Beautiful card Shaz and you were oh so right to go with the mint card for the embossed owls. It gives the whole design real balance and panache.
Hope you are taking it easy and things improve day by day. I'm sure all us WOYWWers are wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. Huge hugs, Buttons #57

Twiglet said...

Hope the eye surgery went well and your recovery is speedy! Your owly card is perfect! x Jo

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, I do hope you are recovering well from your eye op and that all will become clearer, both vision wise and in your head, very quickly now.

Emily's card is beautiful - love all those owls and the clever patchwork effect. Debbie's card is beautiful too.

Take care my friend and continue to get better. Elizabeth xx

jimlynn said...

Both are beautiful! Your friend does lovely work and I love this cute, cute (and PRETTY) card you made! Precious!

Hope your eye gets better soon! I also had eye surgery recently and so know that it's no fun when you can't see like you want.

Lynn

Anne said...

Rest and chocolate will cure anything! Still praying for you for a speedy recovery and no side effects from medication. Both cards are absolutley beautiful! A super technique! TFS!xxx

Mrs A. said...

Your sweet owl card is a hoot. Love Debs card too. Hope you are recovering well from your eye surgery. Take care. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz

Beautiful card you made here and I love your friend's one too.

Hope your eye op went well and that you are making a good recovery.

Have emailed you.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Craftychris said...

Your card is gorgeous, such a fab idea - Debs card is gorgeous too. Well done winning top three and you take care of yourself after your eye op. Sending big blog hugs xxx

MaryH said...

Happy One Year Birthday, Emily! And this is such a lovely card, as is your friend Deb's card. Love both of them. Sure hoping the eye recuperation is still going well, and not to fret that you can't get around to other blogs. Take it easy, rest when you can, and have Emily keep you company with lots of hugs & Kisses to make all better. Thanks for sharing such lovely inspirational cards.

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards you have made there Shaz and congratulations.
I hope you are feeling well after your eye surgery. Both my Mum and Dancing Teacher have recently had eye ops and I hope and pray you are all well very soon.
Hugs
Sam
xx

Sally H said...

This is gorgeously cute! I love owls and this is brilliant! A fabulous idea and I love this colour combo too

Andie's Space said...

Hi Shaz,
This looks gorgoeus. I love the design & the owls are all so cute! Especially like the embossed ones. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...