Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Butterfly Summer Challenge in Winter ~ Downunder :D

(Sarn's cards down next post below...)
Well am just sneaking "last-minute-like" for this challenge ... over at Mrs A's Butterfly challenge.. it is summertime there!! I made this week ago but did not get around to posting it.. I had some "pixie post" arrive, with a yummy card from Miss. and one of those equally yummy PB butterfly stamps!! woo hoo! thanks so much Miss!

So that very day of the pixie post I embossed the stamp with iridescent embossing powder and Versafine on vellum..... then coloured the butterfly with Sakura Gelly Roll pens which are iridescent too, and fussy cut it out, tried to pick summery colours. Sprayed with glimmermist a background for the card..

Here is the finished card with Stylised Flowers cuttlebug folder, and Spellbinder Petite ovals and stamped greeting. So fluttering quick smart over to the flutterby challenge .. see here.
May God bless your day everyone and thanks so much for all your wonderful encouraging comments, too.

Shaz in Oz.x
 Also want to join card over with:

14 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is stunning. So pretty and sparkly. Love that background shimmer too.

scrappymo! said...

This is so beautiuul and shimmery! I can see the sparkle and it is fabulous!

fairy thoughts said...

hi shaz
lovf the colours its just a shame we cannot see the irridescence
janet

Mrs A. said...

Wow Shaz this is such a fabulous butterfly. Gorgeous colours and a super background .Glad you fluttered by in time for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Betsy said...

That is such a gorgeous card Shaz. The colors are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sally H said...

Totally gorgeous! I love it very much! Fab colours too x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely card Shaz, gorgeous colours and detail.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Unknown said...

So beautiful, the details on the Butterfly are delightful. Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday. Happy hugs and sweet smiles from Carole, God Bless you and your family!

Di said...

Wow and double wow Shaz! You really did that butterfly stamp proud - glorious colours! And a lovely card as a result too.

Hugs, Di xx

brenda said...

You know I am a push over for flutterbys Shaz and love the elegance of this one.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Carolyn said...

Beautiful butterfly card. How do you do it all?

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely use of your new stamp. This card is beautiful. Kate x

Graciellie Design said...

Love this card! I like the irridiscent effect. The butterfly stamp is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your Sakura pens tricks! The effect is gorgeous.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the shimmer on the butterfly!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

PS - thanks for entering the DT call too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...