Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 2 August 2014

Our Daily Bead Design ~ Sponging or Stencils

Over at  Our Daily Bead Design the challenge for Sponging or Stencils is on, so here is an entry in for this week. I had to make a card for a friend who has just had very major surgery in Sydney and so decided to use this verse from ODB. Had this white rose 3Ded but not carded for while so it came in handy too. I pray much for my friend, Gail, that the LORD will bless her with His healing and merciful Hand. The LORD is indeed "our Strength and Song".. "For without Him we can do nothing"!
Marianne die for the frame with ODB stamp and sponged around the die before trimming it and remounting it again for strength, adding the 3D rose. The folder is Swirls by Embossaliscious, extra large one which I cut down cause I loved it so much. I sponged the ink all over it to highlights and at side too. The curved border die is by Spellbinder, favourite Lala Land Filigree corners.
 Things very busy this weekend and into next week so will return comments as able.
May God bless your day everyone and thanks so much for all your wonderful encouraging comments, too.
Shaz in Oz.x
Also want to join card over with: 
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on both cards.   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

12 comments:

sharon said...

Shaz your card is fabulous, I am sure that it will cheer your friend up.
I love the way you have sponged the embossing.
I wish Gail a speedy recovery.
Hugs
sharon :)

Vikki said...

Oh what a lovely card Shaz...I am sure Gail will love it and I hope she gets better soon too.

Irene said...

Hello Shaz,

Your card is beautiful, I just adore the delicte sponged background and uplifting sentiment.

luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Beautiful card Shaz! Gosh that background is gorgeous - I love that you chopped a folder down - I'd never have thought to do that!

Hugs, Di xx

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous card, Shaz. I pray your friend recovers from her surgery. The card will definitely cheer her up.

Kathleen said...

Totally stunning card, love it.

Kath x

Marilyn Mathis said...

Very beautiful card. Pray that your friend Gail will recover quickly. I know she will love the card.

Betsy said...

Beautiful card Shaz! I'm sure your friend will love it. You are a very caring person and I'm blessed to call you friend.
Betsy

Alshandra said...

Beautiful card Shaz. Gorgeous colours and beautiful layout. Sorry to hear that your friend has to have surgery. Praying she recovers quickly. Thanks so much for joining us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge sponging or stencils. Elizabeth

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Shaz!! I just love the sponged background!! I love the pink and your stunning framing of that beautiful scripture!! Thanks so much for sharing it with ODBD this week!!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend!! I pray she recovers quickly!!

Ali H said...

So glad the test results were good Love the views of where you live ! Thanks for visiting Ali x 6

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz, This card is so pretty, love the roses and the curves! Inspiring as always!!
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...