Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 11 August 2014

Illuminated text + A Sufficiency Check

Hullo there everyone!!
 This post came to me last night during my devotions, and so sent myself an email on my mobile :D
I have a prayer list which I use most days for prayer. It has many pages and on right side are people's names, on left side are verses to pray for them (and me). 
This one just leapt out at me afresh and sent me meditating....
"Not sufficient of ourselves to think anything....of ourselves, BUT OUR SUFFICIENCY IS OF GOD
I Cor.3:5
See verse on the middle of page on the left hand side (yes need to make new one of these, as this one was made years ago and has pencilled inked additions all way through on right side with name... it is on the list)!

"For our life is as a vapour, it appeareth for a little while and vanisheth away" James 4:14
John 15:5b "for without Me ye can do nothing."

A true perspective on life is often more clearly seen in the deep waters of trial, rather than in the calmer water's of life.  'Tis then, when the rubber meets road in life's steeper paths, then we realise our own inadequacy and insufficiency....
And the need of One Who" never leaves nor forsakes us"..
For " lo, I am with you always.. even to the end of the world."...
 our Lord Jesus Christ will meet our need, right where we are at!!!
Yes right where we are at Now.
I have a precious sister in the Lord who thinks SHE has to get her heart in right place before she can be right with God. 
But that is not God's way. 
We don't and can't do it in our own strength alone.

We need to simply lean on the Lord, our Strength. He didn't say in the "Abiding" chapter of John 15:5  "Without Me, ye can do Nothing." without a good reason. 
Nothing means Not A Thing!!
Just as we cannot make ourselves ready for Salvation (see here)
and make it to God's perfect standard in our own strength, so we cannot make ourselves ready for Service, or even just for the day ahead..
We must come as we are, right where we are at - yielded at the nail scarred feet of Jesus.

So rest in the ALL sufficiency of our great God and our Saviour for your daily walk.
 For "As thy days, so shall thy Strength be".
This is done in 1990's before digital camera and was using water colours rather than Gouache, so colours are much more subtle .. found even very good water colours faded too much.
I hope this little mediation might bless your heart as it blessed mine last night in communion with a very dear patient Saviour. Some folk might look at me and so very wrongly think what good person I am.. but you see I know my heart.. it is a desperately wicked heart, as the LORD says in Jeremiah 17:9 
 I need the LORD every moment of every day, truly without Him I can do nothing..
" I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me" Phil. 4:13
May God bless each of you who take the time to read this all the way through and may these words be a blessing, and challenge too, as they are to me.. each and every day.
Shaz in Oz.x
Going to link this post over to Word Art Wednesday.

6 comments:

Marilyn Mathis said...

How very precious the words of this blog. We are nothing - He is everything. These words are really a supplement to what I read in my devotions this morning. How I must lean on the Lord continually, because I mess up all the time. I cannot do anything right when I try, but if I let God do the work it turns out pleasing to Him and that is all that matters. Thank you Shaz for these wonderful, encouraging comments. God bless you every day as you let your life be a witness to others.

Betsy said...

What blessed and encouraging words that I needed to hear this morning Shaz. Without Him I am, and can do, absolutely nothing of meaning, BUT... I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13.
Your heart for Jesus shines through everything you do my friend, especially your concern for others.
Blessings always,
Betsy

Ginny Maxam said...

So True Shaz, with out him we are nothing and have nothing! Good word for today!!
Hugs,
Ginny

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I did find your blog and I must say you have an amazing gift! I think this is going to bless me and many others. So many of these have become a lost art! May God bless you and all you set your hand too!
I look forward to getting to know you and be inspired by your gift!
Blessings, Roxy

Joyce across the Pond said...

Grateful thanks for taking the time to share those wonderful thoughts with us. May God bless you richly as you minister to us in this way.
Love and Hugs from a windy Northern Ireland

glitterandglue said...

What a lovely meditation, Shaz. How true that we can do nothing I our own strength. How quickly we forget that.
Take care my friend - missing you on WOYWW today. Trust all is well with you.
Margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...