Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 27 August 2014

WOYWW ~ with Surfie cards.

Hullo everyone .. yes another mid week post, and was MIA last two weeks .. succumbed to one of those dreaded lurgies floating around.. 
This desk is in readiness for more creativity or that is the plan... the books are old Gould League Bird books which show you how to sketch birds if anyone on is interested found a digital copy on a Digitised Resource viewer but cant save link correctly no matter what I do.. it is the  third link just below "Images" on this Google search.  Hopefully that works.
 I bought two old copies about thirty years ago in op shops in Victoria when lived down there. In centre is a test run of some Da Font scripts to see what I will use (FYI on Da Font script downloads to Word) for "Emily Sleeps Here" .. did one for older brother but she doesn't have one, yet.. naughty me! On "Thomas sleeps here" ( see below) - I did a Koala and used Bodoni script. You can also can see one of the Playground PB butterflies. I did card stamping it with vellum on post below.

Done just before started blogging in 2010.
Although not blogging was making cards.. this was for one of the grey haired "surfie" in our family birthday on 19.8.14. Labels 8 for digi image not longer available, done in Primsacolor. Image bought in 2010, folder are CB swirls and bubbles, HB stamp is a Disc. very old one.
This obviously is for Thomas five years old and one of the younger "Surfies" in our family :D DP and digi paper as well as digi image. Die is Victorian rectangles, and greeting is digi with SB Petite Ovals, 5 chipboard was freebie in parcel years ago. His birthday is today so a big 
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY THOMAS!!

The Aussie photo today is courtesy of my sister.... they have just come back from travelling around. This was some pelicans looking for food on their trip and a seagull is trying to join them too...
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be!  Shaz in Oz.x
PS I also want to welcome two new Wonderful Encouragers of this blog.. so peek over and say hi to them.. one is an Aussie, just north from here :D Cathy of the playground, and the other is from USA -  Roxy of Living from Glory to Glory.
Also want to join over with:


1..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
2. Allsorts Challenge -Warm sunshiny colours... both cards are that way inclined - being surfie cards... bright and cheery.

40 comments:

jill said...

Some lovely items on your desk today Shaz. Happy woyww jill #16

Helen said...

Hope you are over your lurgy, the cards are fab! Happy WOYWW Helen 4

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

You have a great stuff on your desk
I wish you creative moments
hugs Tamara

Belinda Basson said...

Sorry to hear you been poorly. Love the two cards and the pelicans. Saw some on our local river here, just yesterday, they are so majestic and HUGE! #23

Mrs.D said...

Hope you are feeling much better now and can enjoy makinh 'Emily sleeps here'. Love those pelicans, isn't God inventive!
Chris #18

Mary said...

I think it's time to send that bug packing. Hope you feel better soon. Bird books are lovely, and your projects are a trip though your blog history. Good show and I love the framed "Thomas Sleeps Here" Happy Birthday Thomas!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue McDonald said...

Loving all the crafty things to play with on your desk. Miss my stash sooo much when I'm away! Have a fab woyww.

Sue #5

Cathy said...

Love these cute surfie cards Shaz and the drawing of the koala is lovely.
Thanks for the shout out too. It's pouring outside, the wet weather has slowly been heading towards us, our water tanks are overflowing now. Hope you're not getting too wet down south :) Cathy x

Glenda said...

Love the cards and just know they will be loved! Am always so happy to see the photo's of your part of the world...such a beautiful place with lots to see!
Glenda #45

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, happy WOYWW....love those old Guild books, I remember being a member as a child and had a small badge. Cute cards too. Cheers and take care, RobynO#24

Cardarian said...

Love your card - doesn't matter how old the stamps or any other material is - it is the style and intent to make someone happy with the card that matters!
He, he there are my few pearls of wisdom!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Unknown said...

I say!! Pretty busy aren't you? I love what you have on your desk, reminds me of things I need to get done. hehe.. Thank you for sharing.

Kind regards
Mariane

http://cordes.re/blg/wind/?p=1505

brenda said...

These are certainly full of sunshine Shaz, super bright and happy.

Thanks so much for joining in my Sunshiny colours theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love that surfer card, so bright and breezy! The door hanger is pretty cool as well and I have to wish Thomas a Happy Birthday too :-)
Love the pelicans shot - they're such ungainly looking birds aren't they?!
Hugs, LLJ 20 xx

scrappymo! said...

Those books look fabulous! Could they be photocopied and coloured?
I guess that is taking the image...my bad!

Your surfers are so cute. Great idea for the young and old surfer crowd...lol

Robyn said...

Sock monkeys and birds, who could ask for more!
Thanks for visiting and the snoop around.
Robyn21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz and Monkeys, thanks for the visit earlier. Love the bird books, some of the prints would make great stamps. Sorry to hear you.ve not been feeling too good.
But you're obviously bettewr now and ready to craft LOL!
Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 34

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh happy returns to Thomas, he's turning into a big boy already! I like the butterfly stamp, and I like each of the fonts you've picked for Emily...never give me choice!!

Krisha said...

Great fonts, thanks for the share.
LOVE the surfer cards.
Krisha #19

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, what beautiful old books. I do love to see old books- usually so clearly well used and loved. Loving the samplers too- cute Koala. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #54 xx

Carole said...

all sorts of fun on your desk...sock monkey cute

fairy thoughts said...

hi shaz
love the surfer card...s so cool dude lol
janet #8

Neesie said...

Oh no not the dreaded lurgy. I hope you're feeling better now that you've had lots of visitors.
Great card Shaz
Happy Belated Birthday Surfer Dude ;D
Happy WOYWW too Neesie #43

Sue said...

Loving the cards for Thomas.

Looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

Happy WOYWW
Sue 25

Anne said...

Hello Shaz and sorry you've been unwell - trust you are recovered / or getting there. Loving all I see and especially those Pelicans! Anne x #28

Unknown said...

Great how you used the same surfer image and changed the sketch so they look different! Glad you're back and feeling better! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #51

Anonymous said...

Cards are so cute and colourful, sure to be admired, but oh that pelican. He is crying out for a caption - from the open bill, perhaps quite literally :)

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

glitterandglue said...

Lovely cards there today, Shaz. Great surfing image. What a lovely Aussie photo. Living here in Britain it is hard to imagine pelicans coming up so close - the only way we get to see them is in zoos or similar. Fantastic.
Thanks for your visit, and your lovely comments. Why two dresses? Well, being Romanian/Hungarian, and having a family who couldn't travel to Britain for her wedding, Csilla was determined her family would not miss out on a wedding! So, she is now back in Romania, plus second dress, decorations, planning schedules, etc., getting ready for her Romanian ceremony in her family church over there. That will be on Sep 6th, so I can post those pics after that. She was worried that her dress might get damaged or dirty here in Wales - hence the request for two dresses...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #17

Shoshi said...

I hope you are now fully recovered, Shaz - rotten for you. I love the beautiful bird books and I am sure you will do something lovely with those. You certainly have been busy despite being poorly!

Thanks for your visit and your nice comment. I am feeling rather exhausted after two very busy days, but hopefully I'll get my office sorted over the next day or two, and get all the clutter out of my ARTHaven! It will be nice to be able to access my desk again.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #66

Bridget Larsen said...

You have one of the best calligraphy hands I have ever seen, you dont need a book lol. whereas I need all the help i can get
Bridget #6

Robin said...

What a wonderful talent you have calligraphy and paper crafts together! Love your surfie cards!

Have a wonderful week.

Hugs. Robin #72

okienurse said...

great looking books and desk. Love the cards and your sister Aussie pic. Have a great week. Vickie #75

Neet said...

Oh Shaz, didn't know you had been poorly. Hope you are soon back to full health. Please take care of you.

Lovely work on show as always and I do like looking at the calligraphy you do. Evident by my previous email I guess.

Love to see the monkeys each week. Cute!

Hugs, Neet 14 xx

Cazzy said...

Hi Shaz,

Those old books are gorgeous, as is your Thomas Sleeps Here, and the cards.

I'm glad we don't have pelicans in the garden!

Cazzy x #76

Mervi said...

Love the butterfly stamp on your desk, my fave.
Beautiful cards, happy 5th birthday!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and Penny Black and More;-))m

Mrs A. said...

I like both your versions of the surfer card. such a versatile image to use young or old. We don't have Cardinal birds her ein the Uk so I have to keep popping over to Mary H's blog to have a look at the ones on her header.
Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. Mum and I sat and watched Burl Ives this afternoon.(Mum is here with me until I can take her home to have her ashes scattered in Brisbane bay which was her last wish.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super couple of cards and a great image too.

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x

Ginny Maxam said...

wonderful cards!! I love vintage sketch book, they have never helped my sketching but thier beauty is inspiring!
Hugs
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...