Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Ink Block Imprints + WOYWW

Hullo there everyone, well another quick post to link over to WOYWW for those not in the know it is What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our Julia's desk at the Stamping Ground!
Now to my desk: 
Okay this is 24 hours ago, but still like this.. I was in withdrawals so although technically not supposed to be here went along with some inky playing .. I counted this morning I have six cards on the go and this is one of them.One of the good things about having a craft room (and still revel in this side of it) is that you can come and play for ten mins then go back to what you should be doing.. This is the Distress inks (Peacock Feathers + Dusty Concord) squished on large rectangular ink block spritzed and the water colour paper also spritzed. (NOTE: leave inked up ink block on the paper for while before removing and gently lift off so as not to lift too much ink.) Butterfly (MB Vivienne) is going to be on it and added vellum underlay since then and sprayed it and the water colour ink  image with Diamond Dust Glimmer mist. The Peter Rabbit Thank you card is from 9(?) year old Daniel in France, cute huh? Oh, and Monkeys say "Happy WOYWW" everyone!
This is a card started ages ago and finally finished this week.. masked off die cut shape and inked over then stamped with SU Small Silhouettes in deep blue then debossed the next size die around the image. as it was snippet of neglect since Feb or Jan last year am entering the snippets playground with this, off to swings :D an' Miss, will bring some of our sunshine!
This is the first Australian image today... a sunset at the beach - it is two black cockatoos flying across the seaside sky from my sister's balcony last Wednesday evening. They are huge birds and flew so fast was surprised I caught them on camera. There were about a dozen of them around their big bird bath the night before but missed that. (Edit: BTW had a swim at our beach/ creek this afternoon :D)
These are our two Kangaroo Paw .. red and yellow no idea of exact names as grew red from piece from neighbours and the yellow was in tiny tube and was bought as a dwarf. The funny thing every other year it has been dwarf like the ones at front but ones at back are mixed up and think they are as big as the red one now!
Close up is to show you why it is called a Kangaroo Paw... the plant when open supposedly reminded the first settlers of the paw of the kangaroo.
That's all for me today except am bit behind in giving a VERY big welcome to some new folk, who have joined this 'ere 'umble blog:
**Hazel of My Card Attic (here).. Hazel is from the Uk and has some beautifully made CAS cards, do peek!
**Connie of Connie's Crafter Creations (see her lovely blog here) and Connie has exquisitely executed cards and  Connie loves her die cuts, like me.
**Desire Fourie of Doing Life blog (here) who has inspiring complex card layouts, from which we can all learn.
I really do appreciate all folk who join as wonderful encouragers of this blog.

Thanks for popping over everyone for peek and chat. I will return comments as time permits :D and really appreciate your words.
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x

"The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
  The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all"... Psalm 145: 8,9
Am linking over to these challenges:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

43 comments:

Annie said...

I'm enjoying another twinnie fun day here so am just grabbing 5 mins to visit my fav blogs.
Gorgeous flowers this week. Thanks for sharing them...makes if feel more like summer here 😃
Hugs,
Annie x #26

Desire Fourie said...

Such a beautiful card with the blues and gorgeous stamping. Loving those pics of the flowers too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Bridget Larsen said...

Its great to get those UFOS out of the way, card looks gorgeous
Bridget #1

House of Bears said...

What a pretty effect.i must play with my distress stains and inks and see what i come up with.

Horace @no. 50

Queenie Jeannie said...

Lots of eye candy today!!! Your cards are so elegant and lovely! I need to play with my Distress Inks more because they never turn out as lovely as everyone else's. Your flowers are quite grand too!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #17

Glenda said...

I'm always so happy to get to come visit! Love the colors you are using and the card is amazing. I always enjoy the pictures of the flowers in your area!
Glenda #46

Lucy said...

Your friend to friend card is beautiful. Thanks for educating me about the kangaroo paw. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Lucy #24 woyww x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, I adore the colours you've used in that butterfly card...my absolute favourites! And aren't those kangaroo paw flowers pretty? I hadn't heard of those before :-)
Thanks for dropping by!
Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Love the colors your picked for the distress ink technique. My favorite combo! Happy WOYWW Shel#56

J said...

Gorgeous flowers, so furry looking.
The card is beautiful, simple and elegant.
I really love using the peacock feathers ink, just so bright and fresh looking.
Happy WOYWW
Jan S no63

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet Shaz! You create such beautiful cards and I know they bless many.

And you are so thoughtful to mention your new followers - you, my dear, are a sweetheart :)

Enjoy the remainder of your week. Hugs!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love those two colours together! I hope to see all those cards next week! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #47

Craftychris said...

Love the work on your desk, such gorgeous colours and fab effect! The thank you card you received is fab too, brilliant for one so young! Love the card you made, so pretty - the embossing really sets it off and the photos are lovely xxx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

When I first saw your stunning flowers, I thought they were Crocosmia, but looking at the close up, I can see I was wrong, but they do look so similar. I love your colour blends and the card below is just so stylish and pretty. Thank you for your visits today and for your lovely comments. As for a file just for trees, you cannot have enough trees or butterflies. They are both beautiful and cover a multitude of mishaps. Hope you have a good week. xx Maggie #27

Twiglet said...

Lovely to see the splash of colour in your garden - ours is bare but the view of snow on the hills is stunning today! x Jo

Conniecrafter said...

I love this look of embossed framing on the card, every time I go to make a card I forget to give it a try, such a lovely look, and pretty water coloring!

Mrs.D said...

Shaz,
Smashing butterfly there, and those Kangaroo paws are brill, such deep colours.
Chris #34

lisa said...

I struggle to only stay for 10 minutes in my craft room, Shaz. I pop in for a few minutes and two hours later I'm still there, lol. Love those colours you are using and I'm definitely going to try that spritzing technique.
Gorgeous photos as always. Enjoy your sunshine, we are shivering here in the UK and longing for summer to come.
Hugs Lisax #38

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! And your nature photos are gorgeous! God bless and Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #58

Brenda in IN said...

Your butterfly card colors are beautiful together. Your second card is lovely. Love how you inked inside the mask, then stamped your flowers. Great idea and it made a pretty card. The thank you from Daniel is cute as can be. You have the most stunning scenery and flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Golly, those cards are beautiful. I really like the one with the distress inks, but I was very impressed with the one you used the die on.

Gotta love those kangaroo paws. Everything is SO different in your part of the world. As always, thanks for visiting while I slept. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Betsy said...

Hi Shaz! I really like the butterfly card colors. Isn't it nice to have a room to go play in? I don't technically have a craft room. The office is in the same room. I tend to make what my husband calls "nests" wherever I sit for very long. Usually a basket of yarn, a book, my Bible and various other neccessities! :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

sandysewin said...

I love that combo of blue & purple inks, so pretty. And your flowers are gorgeous!

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #54

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Shaz 6 cards at once that is some going. I'm a bit of a butterfly too... lots of different projects. The summer flowers are lovely .... so .... summery... its cold. wet and windy her in the uk
janet #19

sandra de said...

Hello Shaz, gorgeous cards as always. But truly love your stunning pics of the birds and kangaroo paws. Just beautiful.
sandra de @25

Unknown said...

The background is beautiful and the stamp looks amazing. I am so happy you shared this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, a lovely WOYWW post, you are busy with so many cards on the go - good idea to leave the card on the inked block for a while as I end up with pale colours. Got to love our native plants - so many colours of kangaroo paws I saw in WA. Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#51

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful cards. Love the second one.

Helen said...

The cards look fabulous (but then yours always do!) Have a good week. Helen #5

Shelly Schmidt said...

It is so fun to take a peek at others desks....loving the watercoloring you are doing, and the pretty image within the embossing is lovely. I always enjoy your landscaping pictures!

Anne said...

Hello love the colours you are using on that first card
The other finished card is lovely. Beautiful flowers as well. Anne x #37

Di said...

Beautiful snippets card Shaz! Isn't that Kangeroo Paw plant fabulous!

Hugs

Di
xx

Anne said...

Such fun playing with inks and water! I adore your blue friends card, so elegant and beautiful! Bravo! Kangaroo paw...wow! Gorgeous!xx

Anne said...

oops! Forgot to say thank you for showing Daniel's card! He is 8 years old...9 in June! xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the blue card and such pretty flowers. Hope you have a good WOYWW and happy crafting, Angela x 33

Anonymous said...

No way, 6 cards in progress... I'm not that clever, I struggle and have the biggest mess with just one card on the go! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos too!

Neet said...

Great cards Shaz, but then yu always make real pretty cards. Love the effect you have achieved here - and the colours.
Thanks also for the photos of the flowers, there is always something wonderful about God's creations that you show us each week.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Eliza said...

They are called ANIGOZANTHOS RUFUS (red) and ANIGOZANTHOS PULCHERRIMUS (golden) most commonly called yellow. I used to have these beauties in my garden but they gave me asthma like the bottlebrush trees and had to get rid of them. I loved them so much too. I love your card it looks really elegant. Yes we have been experiencing some rather warm weather and I do like the warmth. Sorry I am getting back to you so late in the week. Have a wonderful week.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hey a double whammy! A WOYWW post and some snippets. I like that you can sneak into your craft room and steal a few minutes of playtime. Playtime is important! I love your snippet card and debossing around a die is a fabulous idea! Very, Very, nifty! Judy #74

Mrs A. said...

I love those Kangaroo Paws. So colourful. Our gardens at the moment are just dull and brown. Can't wait for spring. The squirrels have been digging up my bulbs leaving a clean 6" hole behind! How do they know they are there. It's not like I leave a tag saying dig in and help yourself. Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Julia Dunnit said...

It may be 'umble but there's no place like it dear Shaz!
I'm late of course, but enjoying the desk...that so called snippets card which came out of hiding and turned gorgeous!

sharon said...

Hi Shaz,
I love the card that you created with the distress inks.
I always enjoy seeing what you are creating on your desk.....very interesting :)
The Kangaroo Paws are brillaint.

hugs
sharon :)

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Shaz,

Now I KNOW why my inking on the block doesn't look very nice on my watercolour paper - I take the block off too quickly instead of letting it sit there!

Aren't Kangaroo paws amazing?! They don't do very well here where I live. We get far colder nights than Melbourne city and severe frosts at times (I always get burnt foliage on some of my plants). Don't think kangaroo paws like the frost too much.

Blessings
Jocelyn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...