Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Pineapple Progress + Fruitful WOYWW

Hullo there everyone!
another week and another WOYWW have whooshed into view! :D
 Here is WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at Julia's blog we peek at desks of the world ! To my messy desk (has been tidied a little since then but more needing done).
Well, on last week desk I had six cards on the go. Here is the main one completed in front centre, which is posted on post below or click here (as well as butterfly one), on right of it is the prototype I made to get the idea of design, and will be made into 70th birthday for a friend on 7th Feb. Thanks card not quite finished, made as thanks for cookies given by 80 y.o. friend. Far left on desk is half done for a missionary birthday card for Feb. Last one is the Christmas tree NBUS stamp not yet made up. In centre of desk is my card blog stamp (details here) ready to go with my home made embossing buddy (see recipe here) and EP in wee round container, pricking tool and dies used to be put away.. done now :D
Two photos from Oz today - and fruity variety - first below! At Woolworths I bought  large Kensington Pride (my fav.) mangoes, 3 for $4.55. Lovely juicy delights! Two of three below, next to my glasses for comparison.

My pineapple has grown quite a lot since last sharing here (Last link over). Full story of first plant see here.
Oh and before I close I did think perhaps I might learn something from this frog, and just stick to one card at a time (one day!):

Thanks for popping over everyone for peek and chat.. sorry, I will comment as time permits :D but really appreciate your thoughtfulness to comment.
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways." Psalm 139:1-3

34 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz happy WOYWW. Your cards are looking really lovely, you have been busy. I'm having a chuckle though about the mangoes...I bought 10 for $5 at a roadside stall on our way home last week and then the neighbours have handed over about 3 dozen, so I've be drying them in my dehydrator and eating them...yum Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#42

sandra de said...

Oh how delish ... don't you just love summer fruit. Gorgeous cards.
sandra de @43

Annie said...

I'm just doing my blog dash round all my favourites while the twinnies are doing some cutting and sticking 😃
Love your gorgeous fruit. It's so cold here right now so it's lovely to share your warmer climate.
Hugs,
Annie x #23

sharon said...

WOW lots of exciting things on your desk. I love the wedding card.
Looks like Robyn got a fabulous lot of Mangos. I have to pay for my ones also.
When they are a good price I have one daily:)
Boy your pineapple is growing!! I have one that has popped up in our side garden and the native wildlife are leaving it alone.
Enjoy your week Shaz.
hugs
sharon :)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

All those cards look stunning! And how cool it is to have a pineapple grow in your garden! Happy woyww! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #52

House of Bears said...

We miss Woolworths here since they went into receivership. It was a great shop to mooch on. Horace @ no. 45

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You've got some beautiful cards there, Shaz, especially the cream, elegant one. Beautiful! And I love mangoes and pineapple, slurp....how fab that you can grow your own!
Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such pretty cards!!! Love them all! And you are growing your own pineapple??? How fun is that? How big does it have to be before you can eat it?

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #14

Eliza said...

I really love that card front and centre brilliant creation. Boy o boy that pineapple sure has grown, are you going to be able to eat it when it has matured? he sure is growing into a big pineapple. Hope you have a wonderful crafting week.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 35
Happy WOYWW

lisa said...

Love your cards, Sahz and my mouth is watering looking at those mangoes. Do you eat the, over the sink, they are always so juicy!!
Thanks for popping over already and for your lovely comments. I wish we had your warm weather today, more snow here!! The butterflies were a stamp I cut out, although I did get a die cut for Xmas....must remember next time.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #31

Unknown said...

Your wedding card is drop-dead gorgeous!!! The butterfly card is a close 2nd. Love the photo of your pineapple and the frog. Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #58

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love to see your photos. That pineapple is amazing. I love the cards, by the way I saw a couple of yours on Pinterest, and went online and ordered the Border dies! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #17 xx

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your desk looks very productive! Great cards and I love the poster message! Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara DIane

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

That wedding card is stunning! I also like the one with all the cookies..so cute! Happy WOYWW:) Shel#71

Betsy said...

You are one busy lady! Love the cards today. Those mangos are amazing. So big! And your pineapple is making great strides. How will you ever eat it? I would feel guilty after watching it grow for so long. :-). Silly me.
Many Blessings,
Betsy

Glenda said...

What beautiful cards you have on display this morning. Lots going on in your world!
Glenda #49

Unknown said...

You are so productive - love your cards. I can't even imagine how a pineapple fresh from the garden is going to taste. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #59

Helen said...

Your cards are fabulous! thanks for visiting already Helen 5

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, those mangoes are BIG. I've never seen any like them. I don't think we get that kind here in the States.

You have some gorgeous cards. They are all so different, too. Happy WOYWW from #1 and thanks for visiting me while I slept.

Anne said...

Hi Shaz super cards and yummy mangoes!!! I do a mean mango, tuna and pasta salad that my youngest GD adores - even if I do say so myself :-) Hugs Anne x #37

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Shaz gorgeous cards on your desk as usual, the white card is stunning and the cookies look yummy as does the mango ... one of my favourites too
janet #19

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

You certainly have a busy desk today, Shaz, with loads for us to have a good mooch through. I do love looking at your photos though. Makes me feel that summer might eventually come back this way. Thank you for your visit today and you are right about the Brushos being the thing of the moment, along with grunge paste and mod podge. Hope you have a good week. xx Maggie #27

Brenda in IN said...

Your white on white card is gorgeous. I like the prototype too. I also like the butterfly card. The mangoes are huge and it looks like in a little while you will be giving DOLE a run for their money!

Neet said...

Six cards on the go, Shaz, how do you manage it? And they look real pretty too.
Thanks for showing us the fruit - guess it is a tad warmer than in the UK where you are.
Hugs, Neet 3 xxx

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Wow, you've been busy with the card making! Aren't those mangoes great?! I use them with avocado in salads too :)
Have a good week :)

Marilyn Mathis said...

Really like the blue card in the bottom right hand corner. The others are beautiful too, but I love the blue. Such a pretty wedding card too. Your frog and his comment are very cute. TFS Hugs.

Anne said...

Wow you are a busy bee! Soniceto see so much ofyour art work in progress! But yes, the brainy quote is right! Mangoes....oh yum!!!!

MaryH said...

Enjoyed your WOYWW look, and there's so much enticement on it. I felt right at home...tidy desks make me very nervous (prob'ly because I seldom ever have one!). That center card is looking very elegant & complex, and the gold trees are going to be so lovely. You have been a very busy girl. Enjoyed the photos & mangoes are something I miss since leaving Florida. The ones we get where I live now, don't have the flavor I'm accustomed to, plus are pricey in the grocery. Loved seeing how your pineapple has grown so large. My DH has a frog like that on a Rainforest T shirt, purchased on a trip to Minnesota. He had an artist airbrush it on his last pickup truck. (which is now sold by the way!) He misses his froggie. (Me, I only like cute frogs, not the real kind!). Hope you are feeling well, and TFS - Hugs too.

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz, I loved stopping at your sunny desk today, and seeing that pineapple! I need to move to a warmer climate! you cards are beautiful, I especially Love the white on white card! your desk looks like lots anointed fun!
Hugs
Ginny In cold Massachusetts, USA

lostinpaper said...

My desk is as empty as my mojo right now lol... so I'm visiting blogs and listening to music instead whilst it's pouring rain outside (and I'm sure it's flooding down the road). Your desk looks very productive! Love that green tree frog, we have a large bucket full of green frog tadpoles that all have legs now and are starting to venture out into the garden, they are awesome! I'd better get to work now (wink).

Kristiina said...

Love your wise frog, not always possible, as your productive desk shows!

Cazzy said...

I had to say congratulations on winning on the NBUS challenge.

Cazzy x

Mrs A. said...

Lovely photos of the mangos and your home grown pinapple. The frog has got to be the best yet!
Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. Congratulations on winning over at Darnell's.

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz

Lovely selection of cards on your WOYWW desk.

How wonderful to be able to grown your own pineapples.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...