Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 7 January 2015

3-in1 Link over ~ Enchanting Rose, NBUS + WOYWW

Hullo there every one.. well, it is that time of the week again seems like blink it was New Year's eve and here we are a week into 2015! (for those here for Debby's five favourites of 2014, my link is here)
Now the business of the day is three fold:
1. Over at Darnell's she has another NBUS challenge which stands for Not Used Before Schtuff, so posting my cards for that below (great prizes). Also linking to:
3. The post for WOYWW or What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday over Julia's  ~ we check out the desks of the world, all of which are much tidier than mine, I am sure!!! look and see!
Okay , was great excitement here when post came this morning, the stamp set (middle) from Sweet 'n Sassy in USA were here! Mailed by my kind friend, Marilyn in US *(SharingSimpleThingsBlog is here) and as a surprise she very kindly stamped all those wee nativity images and die cut them as well! I so liked her card she made (see below) for my Christmas card.. SB dies on left are through her too as she found a Scrapmart $10 and $5 SB sale in USA, more "speshul" generosity!! card on top right was blogged last week, just happened to be there still, other is mailed to Sue of bookmark below).
*Marilyn's card with Sweet 'n Sassy Nativity stamp and die set.. isn't the most wonderful card? Connecting the theme of the manger to the cross, with embossing folder by Darice - Cross/with words
Memory box "Glowing candles" some NBUS used here with Digi Verse: "the Father gave the Son to be the Saviour of the world" for ribboned greeting will make more of these, do like them! Holly Ribbons is EF from CB
More NBUS on lower left (Part of $10 SB Moroccan die set, ad the one top right had for ages another SB, but dont recall every carding it before, Fleur de Lis top-left had used before not counted for NBUS.
A bookmark made for my friend Sue, suffering from cancer, I put this poem on the front and the image below on the back, laminated then added ribbon and lace in the top punched hole.
If anyone wants poem let me know and will add it so you can Copy and paste it .. it is hard to find it whole and with poet's name .. mostly shows up as anonymous! {EDIT: had already request in second comment, so will add below poem "the Weaver by B M Franklin" as it is hard to find}.
Corners are from Fleur de lis Square die and just cut up black die cut into pieces for corners, and the Prim poppy from Memory Box.
I made this digi image from Google picture + used averse from Word Art Wednesday some time back love it ..!
 Here is photo from Oz today, one from a few years ago as this is very late on Tuesday night and dont have time, tomorrow is full on and either do it now or now at all.. sorry :D
where I went swimming last week... :D
Well thanks for peeking everyone, happy WOYWW and may God bless your day wherever you may be, Shaz in Oz. x

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights." James 1:17

Have scheduled this post and will link over later, when time permits :D
Also linking over  two otehr challenges ohter than NBUS Challenge:
 Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.
and over to Hazelnuts Christmas card challenge too! http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/chnc-challenge-210-anything-goes.html


The Weaver 

My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me,

I cannot choose the colours;
He worketh steadily.

Oftimes He weaveth sorrow,
and I in foolish pride,
Forget that he sees the upper
 and I the underside.

Not ‘till the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
 and explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
in the Weaver’s skilful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.

Behind my life the Weaver stands
and works His wondrous will,
I leave it in His all- wise hands
and trust His perfect skill.
         B.M Franklin

42 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hello, sweet Shaz! You have created some beautiful items, my dear, and I can tell they are made with love :)

The place you went swimming looks so lovely and refreshing!

May you have a wonderful week! Hugs and blessings to you.

Betsy said...

Shaz you got so many beautiful things in the post didn't you? I, too, love the card you received with the babe in the manger. I would like the poem link if you have it handy. It's lovely and so true.
Blessings my friend,
Betsy

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how beautiful these cards are! The Weaver poem is outstanding. You made the loveliest bookmark with it. Sue will love it.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are lovely Shaz! I especially like the ones with the gold doilies! Hazel x

Scrappy quilter said...

As a card maker I always love seeing others cards. I really like yours, so very pretty.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful... thank you for sharing. mari

Neet said...

What beautiful words you are sharing with us this week Shaz. And what beautiful work you have been engaged in.
I trust you are feeling well and that all is peaceful in your beautiful corner of the world.
I just managed to get this comment in before I turn into bed.
So night night, God Bless
Neet 3 xx

sharon said...

Happy New Year Shaz! I wish you a happy healthy and creative year ahead.
Fabulous cards!! I love your workbench lot's of yummy things on there.
hugs
sharon :)

Annie said...

It's another day of juggling for me today....I have Lexi one side of me building with the Knex and Sam is the other side doing jigsaws so I'm popping round some of my favourite blogs while they play happily 😃
Looks like you're going to be having fun with your new stash too 😃
Hugs,
Annie x. #20

sandra de said...

Lovely cards and it looks like that view gets better each week. How lovely to go for a swim each day.
sandra de @14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I like the three in one idea! I sometimes double-up my posts, but never managed three in one, LOL! Will check out the links! Wonderful cards with lovely textures. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #27

Di said...

Lovely work Shaz - and I do so love how you wove the ribbon through the sentiment die, great effect.

Hugs

Di xx

My name is Cindy said...

Great projects Shaz! Love those nativity images as well. Happy WOYWW Cindy #44

House of Bears said...

You have some lovely creations there.

Horace @no. 49

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done on creating some lovely things out of your stash...that's something I'm going to set my mind to over the next month! And I'm jealous of your swimming spot, how beautiful is that bay?!
Hugs, LLJ 18 xx

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely cards and I am sure your friend was touched by your book mark!

Belinda Basson said...

What lovely mail on your desk! I do love the generosity of the on line craft community. #63

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep, the nativity stamps and dies are just lovely, and I love Sue's card. This NBUS challenge has you all fired up and totally shaming me..it's working!

Anne said...

I love your work and receiving it too! I am very blessed to have some of your wonderful creations as keepsakes! Sue is just going to love the bookmark. She used to read a lot and hopefully she will be able to resume once the neck tumour has reduced in size. These next few weeks are going to be extremely tough for her and it is the kindness of people whom she has never met praying for her and sending her cards which is keeping her going. God bless you. Thank you for sharing your creations, thoughts and lovely photos with us!xxx

Anne said...

My name didn't come out on my comment, the one with the tea cups! C'est moi mon amie, Anne :O)x

Lisca said...

That Weaver poem had me in tears! I'd never heard it before. Thank you for sharing it and the beautiful card that you put it on. Your friend will certainly love it, and hopefully be encouraged by it. (I would)
You have made such beautiful things and I really enjoyed reading your blog and clicking on all the links etc.
Have a blessed week,
Lisca#25

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought for sure I left a comment before I went to sleep last night, but I don't see it here. Your cards are stunning and I like how this NBUS challenge has prompted you to use things you've owned, but never used before. I should probably see what I own that I could do the same with. I bet most of us have that sort of craft supplies.

I love the photo from Oz. Hard to take, since I'm freezing right now. Can't begin to imagine what it must be like outside, since the "feels like" temp is well below Zero F.

Happy belated New Year and happy WOYWW from # 2.

Tertia said...

How lucky you are to have such a great and generous friend. Love your cards. Happy New Year to you and yours.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #22

Helen said...

Great parcel to receive, and look how it's spurred you on to create! Have a wonderful week. Helen 9

Anne said...

Beautiful work Shaz and I love the poem. Happy New Year. Anne x #23

Mrs.D said...

shaz, just such lovley stuff on your page, as always. I can always be sure of getting my spirit cheered by visiting your site. Thank you.
The Cross embossing folder is called Cross W/Words and is made by Darice. I'll get you one if you are unable to get it in Oz.
My desk is much more untidy than yours, will put up a picture of it next week and explain why.
Bless you, and Happy New Year.
Chris

Queenie Jeannie said...

OK, I'll admit it....more than a little jealous of your warm climate right now!!! It's so, so cold and blustery here in Germany! Such lovely cards and new posh toys - enjoy! I have a couple of those dies and they are so handy!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #33

Glenda said...

What beauty you are creating and that photo of the sea is amazing! Living inland I seldom get to visit the ocean but could be very content there for sure!
Glenda #36

Eliza said...

What beautiful work and your words are really wonderful. Love your cards too.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda #78

Darnell said...

What a fantastic post, Shaz! First, thank you for the poem, which I love! Your desk and cards are wonderful, but it truly is your bookmark that stole the show for me! I pray your friend recovers.

Thank you so much for entering my NBUS Challenge #3 with your awesome cards using the Moroccan die set! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

AND, P.S., thank you for also entering that fabulous candle card in my NBUS Challenge. I have that die and just love it, so I appreciate the design inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 210 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x

Ali H said...

Fab cards and bookmarks on your desk this week ! Happy New year to you ! Ali #21

Cazzy said...

Hi Shaz,
Happy WOYWW. I have entered one card in the NBUS challenge, I keep accumulating more NBUS to top up that which has been long time NBUS.
Trust me - your desk is really tidy!

Cazzy #89

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

All such beautiful cards - and the poem is so beautiful. I am sure your friend will be comforted as she meditates on those words.

Wow, what a fantastic surprise to receive such a gorgeous stamp set in the mail. I love Sweet N Sassy Stamps and have a couple of their sets.

Sending you many blessings -
Jocelyn x

Kristiina said...

Love your cards and calligraphy! I guess each of us should both use the stuff we never used and find new ways to use everything else...

Happy WOYWW!

Cazzy said...

Haha, sharp kitchen knife - according to my boys and daughter in law in particular I don't own a sharp knife, even the set my son bought me. Now somewhere I have a special pencil sharpener just for Prisma's but can't find it, don't know why. The one I used always seemed better anyway. Someone has told me to microwave the pencils to melt them back together - sounds like a real solution at last, as I am sure they are already in little bits and no amount of care stops them falling to bits during sharpening.
Cazzy x

Marilyn Mathis said...

Sorry I am so slow in commenting, but as usual your cards are very beautiful. The poem is so true and I have saved it to reread. Love your work. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Love all of the cards especially the one with the embossed cross. The picture of the beach looks relaxing and warm. It's cold in Kentucky, it's 19 tonight. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Your work desk looks like mine Shaz! Love all your photos! I'm your latest follower! Hazel x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

What beautiful cards! I'm slow in visiting, which is standard for me since I work full time. I hate how work gets in the way of my crafting and visiting friends!

I have a giveaway if you are interested.

Happy belated WOYWW
Peace, Kay (61)

Hettie said...

Hello
Happy New Year to you.
You have made some beautiful cards there but that poem is just wonderful.
Hugs
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...