Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 10 January 2015

What God Hath Promised ~ Grace, Strength, Hope for the Day!

I came across in tidying up a bookmark, an incomplete poem I felt .. so looked. It was not all the poem (or hymn as I found out) but wanted to know who wrote it as the printed bookmark did not have that either. Upon reading it all I wanted to share it .. for it so touched my heart, and thought it may bless others (the link used is here):
" This the last hymn written by Annie Johnson Flint. 
Her hands were so gnarled by arthritis that she was unable to hold a pen, so a crayon or stick of chalk was wedged between her fingers, so she could write on a surface suspended over her bed. She had hoped to become a concert pianist, but in her late twenties she was diagnosed with arthritis. By the end of her life she was just four feet tall."

What God hath promised
God hath not promised skies always blue,
 flower strewn pathways all our lives through.
God hath not promised sun without rain, 
 joy without sorrow, peace without pain, 
 
God hath not promised we shall not know
 toil and temptation trouble and woe.
 He hath not told us, we shall not bear,
 many a burden, many a care.
 
But hath promised strength for the day,
 Rest for the labour, light for the way,
 Grace for the trials, help from above,
 Unfailing sympathy, undying love.
 
God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
 Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
 Never a mountain rocky and steep,
 Never a river turbid and deep.
 
But God hath promised strength for the day,
 Rest for the labour, light for the way,
 Grace for the trials, help from above,
 Unfailing sympathy, undying love.
 by Annie Johnson Flint.

 It really tied in well with this illuminated work I did some time back for a very dear friend in Melbourne. 
 I pray the LORD might use this lift your heart, to cheer you on your way, wherever you may be.. 

For He cares for you, not in a light-hearted, flippant way but in a deeply loving understanding way.. He knows your every need, care, woe and burden and grief of heart. He is a true Father and cares for His own... 
So cast all your care upon Him..  and leave them with Him, dont pull them back :D
He is able to bare your burdens, that is why He is called the Burden Bearer.
Sending loving thoughts and prayers for each of you who read this, praying at the throne of grace where we find Grace to Help in time of need. 
Shaz in Oz.x
A biography of Annie Johnson Flint is here .. and she also wrote the extra special hymn "He giveth more grace", another great favourite of mine.
see here:
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need". Hebrews 4:16


Linking up to:
Annie's Smiles over at  Stitch in time - as this hymn and researching this post really brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart.
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

12 comments:

Betsy said...

This is so beautiful Shaz and I thank you for sharing it with us. With the terrible things happening round the world, I find great peace in knowing that my father loves me and each and every person always and cares about everything that is happening.
Many Blessings,
Betsy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was very impressed by this poem and Annie Flint's back story. As one who also suffers from an arthritis birth defect, I can truly relate. Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem with us. And please have a lovely weekend, too.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Thank you for again reminding us that our Lord loves us and gives us "strength" and "grace" for every day and every trial. If the oyster does not have a grain of sand to irritate it, it does not produce a pearl. So God knows what to send in our lives to make us beautiful. But He doesn't just send it, He is there all the time to provide what is needed to produce the pearl. Hugs and lots of love.

Coleen said...

What a lovely site, Shaz. Thanks for sharing the link in your FB note to me. Following you now. Come by and take a look at my blog. I think you've been there before. You might want to follow on mine too.
Blessings to your day and thanks for sending me the calendar. You're a sweetie.
Coleen

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing that Shaz. An elderly Aunt of mine used to say "God makes the shoulders fit the burden".....and she was rarely wrong :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem and story about Annie Flint. It is so very humbling. Your calligraphy is also such a blessing and just takes my breath away! What a gifting you have! Thank you also for sharing Annie's hymn, it's beautiful. It's been such a sad time here in France that one needs to be reminded how much God is in control and look for His good and blessings every day.xxx

Kathleen said...

Wonderful poem, so pleased I stopped by to read it.
There are so many brave and believing people out it is such a shame that there are more of the selfish and ugly people that just want to cause pain and suffering and are not grateful for what they have.

Kath x

Ginny Maxam said...

BEautiful Post Shaz I enjoyed it very much and I was blessed. I made me think of the verse, "he hath made everything beautiful in it's time"
Hugs,
Ginny

Stephanie said...

Oh my friend, this was so encouraging! Such precious words written by Annie Johnson Flint.

Thank you, dear Shaz, for sharing this - what a blessing! Hugs to you!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, just beautiful, very emotive and may we all be thankful, hugs Robyn

mamapez5 said...

Beautiful words Shaz. I shall pin a copy of them to my new pin-board, for when I am having a tough day. It is always good to be reminded of how blessed we are. Hugs. Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...