|Saw this idea on Pinterest and so was trying it out. Using distress ink and watercolour paper., Learnt a few things along the way which will share. Using green cos it was Sue's favourite colour and was the last of three sympathy cards made, this one for Sue's friend, Dee. |
1. Three DI green inks - Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage. Wet with water mist to blend.
2. Added shimmery Diamond Dust glimmer mist after the water for extra sheen.
3. Used snippet of watercolour paper to colour + brand new die from last year, not been used before, hence NBUS (Memory Box Blushing Branch).
|Have cut some shapes of watercolour paper of die cut and soaking them here. Two points to learn if do it again.|
1. cut a whole shape even if is in two bits it needs to be complete shape
2. soak it really, really well.
|Laying piece of wet die cuts on DI water colour paper.|
|If had left it longer then there would've been more contrast .. plus whole die cut refection would be been better I think.|
|Finished card, with SB Deckled oval frame, Memory Box Blushing Branch. Verse is by Stampendous and stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed. All elements were on desk above.|
Al the glories of God's amazing creation .. perfect for Sunday's drive with dad and sitting to eat our icecreams :D
Clicked a wave sequence for you here..
Please pop over and say hi to these and give some encouragement, too
Shaz in Oz.x
“The LORD.. appeared ..saying,
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3
2. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au