Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 10 August 2022

Watercolour lifting, Shaker Card, Christmas, NBUS, Snippets + WOYWW

 Well, a desky share, two actually - many cards of varied techniques, I’ve been busy. To see other desks, please do pop over to Julia’s Stamping Ground and be surprised at how much you can learn .. all over the world!

 The first desk is for a three year old.. had used this “Cheeky Monkey” stamp by Kraftin' Kimmie ten years ago here, but thought this card was passé now, so hunted for another idea and came up with this.

My desk shows an assortment of pens for colouring on right, scissor for fussy cutting and shaker elements … however didn’t take photo of card properly with outside photos, was too sunny then AND forgot later on, till mailing it! Oops! Thankfully I’d taken this inside photo, just in case. 🙄 So will have to do.

I did put glossy accents on monkey to make him stand out a bit more, but hard to see glossiness. The background jungle leaf paper was from interweb.

Second desk is my batch bake - I’m attacking my next lot of Christmas cards!

This design changed many times in my head in the waiting. Ended up with two designs, one just once, other multiplied, 16 cards, in Gold white design, a NBUS that “Rejoice!” Die is by Simon Says at post Christmas sale. Love a sale! Thanks to my US friend Marilyn who mailed it to me. The small rectangle is insert snippet from window frame die used on previous Christmas set and on brayer card here. Couldn’t waste it!
Has anyone else noticed how few Christmas cards have the reality of Christmas on them? I was the only one recently in two Christmas challenges I entered.

The Penny Black “Christmas in July” release in the three release videos I watched had not one real Christmas card on it  - Jesus banned, it seems, from His own celebration! my heart is so sad, our world is so far from God. 

I left comments on the Penny black Release videos as were “holiday cards” not “Christmas cards”.



Here’s the completed set.

This birthday card I’ve made before here, it’s watercolour lifting, and so CASED it, twice actually.
Forgot to photograph one of them too, it was a bit different… better stamping, smoother watercolour paper. Had a busy time as you see.

I made two more lady birthday cards, another mauve shade one, for a dear friend, with a special verse, her favourite sweetpea.

Digi are from web, verse is from Word Art Wednesday where they have new ones free each fortnight. Labels 28 SB are dies, bottom more lacy version of SB 28 are a gift years ago from Magpie, or Glenda on WOYWW.


My next friend’s favourite colour is RED! This is mixture of four different AI on embossed foil card, technique shown in more detail on these posts here and here. This has a NBUS.. the birthday greeting is at last taken out of hiding - happy birthday by Creative Expression (Sue Wilson). Other dies are rectangular ones by Scrapdragon, and flower disc by MB, Blushing Branch. This is my Snippets card as the foil, white card pieces, not the base, were neglected snippets in stash, esp foil had it embossed on desk for ages, but not coloured.



Lastly is a sml text done many times, but new colours! Made as a 60th birthday present,  and this card to go with it, is a NBUS nameless stamp, bought in 2012 at Manchester with Neet, at Abbakhan  on sml brayered piece done ages ago, but brightened up when had brayer out so went onto a card precut in Christmas set from last post so was very quick make. Will repeat for sure.

Okay that’s it for this week!  Busy in our garden at the moment, as it’s roses feed, mulch and sort out time, plus other like citrus and natives.

Have ordered three new roses from S.A, which is always exciting. Like to have about three dozen bushes, and lost a few in our wet weather. It’s being prettied up with some nice edging too, the beds with none at the moment, and a few stepping pavers, as changing configurations a bit. My brother in law is a great help there.

Here’s some other Oz photos, my walks are mostly at the end of the day as you see!

Above photo has the Qantas flight coming into land, it comes in low over the ocean and creek before heading over the headland to the airport.

Just to remind you spring is near, here - some very pretty yellow wattle. Wattle day is August 1st.


Thanks so much for popping over - I really appreciate it so much! I will visit as many as I can, but iPad now blocks all bloggers except those with pop up windows comment boxes.

May God bless you and all whom you love, 

Shaz in Oz.x

Thought for the Day:

The verse that was on the sweetpea card, is this favourite - "God is my Strength and Power: and He maketh my way perfect." Also Psalm 18 as well as 2 Samuel 22.
God is our Hope, Help, Strength and Power as Jesus Himself said in John 14:5 "Without Me, ye can do nothing".
"My sufficiency is in God".
This is truly all that keeps me going- my God. 
Pray that this blesses your heart, too.

Linking over to the following:

1. NBUS Challenge Never Before Used Schtuff  https://mynbus.blogspot.com/2022/08/nbus-challenge-41.htmlA. Christmas card in gold white Rejoice NBUS  B. brayer window card with new un-named stamp (it does have a name, its just lost stamp at mo since stamped it, you know what I mean 🙄..) C. Red card Happy Birthday die new

2. WAW Word Art Wednesday - http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

ANYTHING Goes each new card.    

3. Happy Little Stampers Anything goes with Dies https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2022/08/hls-august-anything-goes-with-dies.html?m=1 *Monkey Shaker card - die is stitched rectangle die, I think * Red - alcohol ink card * sweetpea card * Christmas card - Gold and White * watercolour lifting card *brayer card with window die frame

4. Snippets Challenge - red card, all snippets but base. https://pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com/2022/08/challenge-434.html?m=1

5. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/08/week-6889.html Monkey Shaker Card anything goes with an option create your own background.

5. Christmas cards x 2 linking to:

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/08/chnc-challenge-606.html?m=1

25 comments:

Di said...

How lovely that you managed to comment Shaz! I so love your snippets card - you know the one I mean. Classy!

Hugs

Di xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous cards throughout this post but thank you for sharing the fun monkey card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Gail said...

WOW! You have been busy!
I like everything!
Went back & checked out the monkey!
Love reading about all your techniques!
Enjoy the yardwork...is too hot here, so hiding where it is cool!

Dena J said...

Lots of great cards with many techniques! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hello my sweet Shaz, you are always so busy, I'm impressed with what you've done since my last visit....amazing. The monkey is so sweet. We are in for some hot weather again today and not looking forward to it, need to walk the dogs sooner rather than later. Take care and have a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a fabulous selection of cards and differnet styles Shaz. I love the monkey shaker card - very up to date and fun. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Crafting With Jack said...

Leave a drink out and there is always a fly drowning in it! Great cards and love the watercolour technique. I really must start some Christmas cards when we get back. Have sent you an email x Happy WOYWW. Angela #6

Linby said...

So many lovely cards. The shaker card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

My name is Cindy said...

Goodness, so many lovely cards, you have been busy! Particularly like your 'Christmas' cards. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely to be visiting Asha’s, the pics of the beach and the cove are stunning, even if it’s still winter. You know I’m sure that we’re enjoying (or not, for some) a long hot summer and I am mostly loving it! Which brings me neatly to your batch making, those cards are just lovely, the white and gold are very striking. I really like the double mounted and slightly offset text, Rejoice is such a great word for Christmas. I hope you’re getting pleasure in changing up the garden a bit…it looks strange to my eyes to see empty beds at this time of the year, mae me think twice I can tell you!

R's Rue said...

So pretty.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Helen said...

WOW, all those cards you've made, just amazing. I am sure you're not surprised to hear I adore the photos!! thanks for visiting already. Helen #3

Darnell said...

I always leave time to visit your entries, Shaz, because it's like attending a class on all things creative and beautiful! I leave with my senses filled and satisfied! Your thoughts and your designs and your photos are amazing! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

BJ said...

Oh my goodness, so many cards made. Loving your Christmas ones and the bargain "rejoice" die. The monkey shaker card is so much fun too.
God Bless BJ#1

kiwimeskreations said...

I hear you about Christmas cards being taken over by everything but Jesus!! I grieve at it too. Can't write much as I am on borrowed 'internet'
Loving your work, beautiful as ever Shaz!
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

A fabulous bumper post Shaz, each card and photo warrants a closer look but alas I can't sit for long with this MS latest flare up, but wanted to thank you for joining us at Allsorts.

B x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely post Shaz! I enjoyed the photos of your walks, takes me back to our time in Oz so many years ago now. The cards are fab too, my fav is the circular purple flowers one, that floats my boat!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

My goodness you've been busy. Love that cheeky monkey card. Yes, there seems to be a lack of real Christmas images. Love those views, hugs, Chrisx #17

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love all your makes, Shaz xoxo

Sarn said...

Loads of lovely photo's in this post.
Love your snippets card. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground xxx

Neet said...

Hello my lovely little friend, hope this finds you well.
What an asbolsugtely beautiful array of cards you have for us. The nativity cards are so pretty, I do like the first one and they look so good when you show us them all grouped together.
I am sure the Monkey will be received with joy, what a delightful card and so colourful with that background.
Lovely to see a Manchester purchase in use - the calligraphy is beautiful.
Blessings, Neet 4 xx

Twiglet said...

What an awesome range of cards Shaz - gorgeous each one. I love looking at the stunning landscapes you share with us - what a beautiful part of the world. xx Jo

loz said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz...Loz

Suze said...

Thank you for entering the Include A Penguin Challenge at CHNC.

Liz said...

You HAVE been busy, Shaz! What a wonderful collection of cards. Thank you for sharing some of your cards in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...