Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 29 January 2013

OSA ~ BLack Plus One Colour Mingle

Hullo there everyone,
Here is lovely card I received all the way from Canada, from Cindy of OSA (Oriental Stamp Art - a Yahoo group). This is really so different and love how she has stamped on tte vellum and put it over the yellow and black background paper. Cindy put the following details on a post it note on the back:       Dream Kanji - Stamping Up Silhouette - Inkadinkdoo   Square Deco - About Art Accents


Here is my entry for the February Red and Black Mingle!
 
I had much fun making this card, and used number of items - enlarged the square versatile Nellie Snellen Square Stitch Die, and made it into a rectangle. Stamped in Jet Black Adirondack Archival the Stampin Up Oriental discontinued Set - think it is a Lily plant(?). Added Artneko Art Accents dragonfly and Kanji from Annette. I loved the red on black!!
I had this exquisite black and red Washi paper which has the most incredible black gloss and taking a deep breath {gulp} cut into it....

You may recognise the design of this card as I showed one from Ginny a few days ago (HERE)- I loved the design so much used it on this one, and wrote small poem for the inset and printed it on red card on printer - yes, cheated didn't I?
I think I shall be doing this design again. I am sure it has a proper name, but I dont know it...
Thanks so VERY much for popping over for a peek and chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!!
Shaz in Oz.x
 PS if you like my Calligraphy post, I finally did one - look below post this one.
I would like to enter my red/black card into the following challenges:

10 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cards, my favourite is the firstone.
Hugs Tamara

Craftychris said...

Cindy's card is really unusual and gorgeous too. Yours is fabulous! I adore black and red - I so love it! Your poem is fab too! xx

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous cards^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Pia S said...

Your card has such a great design, and the black and red certainly is an elegant color combination!

Victoria said...

Black and red is ultra classy. I absolutely love the feel of this card.

Sally H said...

A stunning card, Shaz. Black and red is perfect for oriental. Cindy's card is beautiful too

Shelly Schmidt said...

I was admiring both of these cards at OSA earlier today- LOVE the Red/Blk card- so pretty and a great fold too! Love MIM too!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Very pretty card, I love the image.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

scrappymo! said...

These colours are very striking and that insert piece at the front is fabulous. Why not do the computer script at times...I don't do it all the time but there are monents when it comes in handy!
Great card.

Marjorie said...

Such a pretty and elegant card Shaz, lovely red and black papers and lovely design too!... Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at 'Make it Monday'...
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...