Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Panpastels, WOYWW + thanks Ginny!

Hullo there everyone. 
Before I proceed any further I want to really apologise for being a really bad blogger last week or so. 
However, I really appreciated every single one of your kind words.
Time and health not co-operating as far as blogging goes. Hopefully health is on the mend. I pray so anyway.This is scheduled post, as we have visitors and linking when able. 
Not know what I am rabbiting on about? well today Wednesday is big blog hop called "What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday". Over at Julia's we check out one another's workdesk/ floors or wherever we may create! Join us, do!
And here I am playing with new treasures. This year is a big birthday and not far from Christmas, so this is combined pressie for them both!! Aren't they smashing? Brenda of Floral Fantasies and Eileen of Eileen's crafty Zone. 
 Both use these to perfection and Brenda let me know about an offer at Oyster Stamps (5 for 20 pounds).
Here is small piece a little play, trying to work out which paper is best, inking etc. Stamps are some new ones from last year, and love these Stampscapes! So much fun..

This week I had surprise get well card from Ginny of Maxam Made (she is a WOYWW-er too)- thanks so much Ginny, LOVE this card!
I love the style of this card. I going to try one soon..

Now as folks seem to love my Oz photos here are some more:
This is skeleton of a Cicada. They shed their outer skins as they grow and it dries very crisp and stays where ever they happen to land. To read more on cicadas look HERE - have small video of it emerging - their iridescent wings are lovely really. When we were young my brother collected a cardboard box full of them, put them under his bed. And YES! you guessed it they all escaped all over the house!! they are very, VERY noisy (read deafening).
Said back HERE when showed you my tarantula spider caught inside I would show you some of our friendly spiders. Here is my favourite, and he is smaller, more elegant than he looks - body about small finger nail size! A St Andrews Cross, you should see why it is called that - more info HERE.
Taken in November, as still not able to go down there yet. Down at creek mouth (to the left) as it reaches the sea, they love to do their para surfing!
Isn't God's creation so fascinating, inspiring and beautiful??? Yes! I am VERY grateful to the LORD that I live here.
 Happy WOYWW everyone!
Thanks so VERY much for popping over for a peek and chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!!
Shaz in Oz.x
 PS if you liked previous Up-cycled Christmas card look below post.

18 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Wow, Happy Birthday. What a lovely present and those creations are beautiful. You will have so much fun testing them out. I am not too keen on your spiders, fearsome looking beasties. You can definitely keep those. Take care and I hope you can soon get down to the beach. (I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms for the sea.) xx Maggie #20

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

What lovely post. I wish you health in those days I don't feel good, I think i have a flu.
Your creations are stunning.
Be good,
Hugs Tamara

Debbie Rock said...

I'm with Maggie C regarding withdrawals symptoms for the sea ... I'm afraid the spiders and sunshine are yours though! Enjoy using all those wonderful goodies and Happy Birthday for whenever your special day falls. D x #69

Sarn said...

Good grief woman! I am terrified of spiders din't ya know! And there were scary things on this post of yours!

Also some LOVELY stuff too . . . look at all those Pan Pastels and pretty cards.

Hope you regain your health soon.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Neil said...

Good morning.
Just popping over to say Hi. Love the oriental card from you last post. (by the way, your link from WOYWW goes there, not here) Never tried pan pastels yet. And though I can see the beauty in the spider photo, I have to say they are not high on my favourite creatures list! I hope you have a good and creative week to follow.
Neil#17

Twiglet said...

Love the card making and those fab pastels but that spider is a bit disturbing!!! Have a good week. x Jo

Hettie said...

Lovely piccies on your blog today, except for the spiders. Your cards are gorgeous. Fancy Pan Pastels but need a few to get going really. Well, maybe I will give them a go soon!
Hugs
xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, there's a real range of interest on your blog today, from pastels to spiders!! Where else on the web could you see that, lol!!
Hugs, LLJ 37 xx

Anne said...

Your cards in the making look great Shaz and WHEN is this special birthday of yours? Never apologise for blogging posts...guilt free blogs are the best...I know...I've been guilt free for weeks! Amazing spider but he's yours...God's incredible creation is amazing, even spiders but I'm not a spider fan!!!! Pan pastels...never heard of them before...will Google! Love your post and I was going to make some cards and catch up on my blog but our dear little one has chicken pox...praying about your health and visitors my friend. xxx

MaryH said...

Always love your pictures of where you live, (didn't go look at the spiders though! UGH!Also please warn if there are crawlies (snakes) as I'm terrified of those! (no joke). Loved your stampscape card. Those are wonderful stamps. Still haven't tried out the Pan Pastels yet. Trying to get my clutter in control, so I'm behind on surfing blogs as well. (Uh-gin). Sure hope you get to feeling better real soon. Thanks for sharing these lovely places with us. Hugs & Blessings.

Lavinia said...

WOW....those Pan Pastels are FAB! I love them myself & would love a big set like you have, bet they will look stunning with some of your amazing calligraphy! Love the bug pic's! But to be honest with you I would run a mile screaming my head off if I saw either one of them!!! Have a crafty week & enjoy your new goodies!
Lavinia 98#

April said...

The monkeys are too cute. Your cabin in the woods is gorgeous. And your friendly spider - well God outdid himself didn't he?
April #110

trisha too said...

Wonderful photos, Shaz! We always get similar garden spiders on our deck each summer, and the kids always feed them grasshoppers. Last year it was a female, and she made two egg sacks.

Oh yes, we have the LOUD cicadas, too!

Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha, #164 this week

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, just realised i had missed your name on this weeks list! I must admit, I find the size of your spiders terrifying! I am petrified of them- any bigger than my little finger nail, and I'm gone. I've got Beloved Hubby well trained though- he can tell from the volume of the scream, A) how big it is, and B) how close to me it is, lol. Love the Circada picture, We saw these in Greece, on Crete. You could hear them all the time,in the trees, I remember we came back to our apartment one day, to find one sat happily in the sink- I was amazed at how big they are, and he had such a sweet little face! Silly isn't it? the only thing that scares me is spiders, none of the other insects bother me at all. Have the rest of a great week,Hugs, Shaz xx

Debbie Rock said...

Hiya Shaz ... thanks SO much for your oh so kind words about The Cake ... will just be SO pleased when it is this time tomorrow and it is in everyone's tummies. Love Debbie xXx

Sandie said...

Hi Shaz, hope you had a wonderful Australia Day... xxx
I'm not keen on spiders, they creep me out in a big way. lol Nice photos of the horrible things though.

Ginny Maxam said...

Great Post!! Love the ocean, spiders well as long as they are at arms length! I lived on the border of Mexico for a few years and saw some spetacular specimens of spiders. Good thing I was 18 and had a very strong heart! Thank you for the compliment on the card and when is your birthday Missy?
thank you for sharing!Hugs,
Ginny

scrappymo! said...

How I love when you post pictures of where you live...It is just so beautiful there.
I have never seen a cicada but AI heard them at night when we were on holidays to the Carolinas in the U.S.
It is an interesting sound

The paragliders are so brave...it looks like fun but i would never be brave enough to try it...I'm a bit of a sissy with heights.

The pan pastels were a great bargain...I am familiar with B"rand's work...it is beautiful...I will check out Eileen's next...you have some great card scenes finished in your picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...